Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed

Ben Stein's new movie

The title is apt, though not for the reason he thinks. I love that even in a ten minute video he displays a stunning lack of knowledge about science, the scientific method and really goes on about a controversy in the scientific community that doesn't exist. It's such a fake crusade, it's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Im not a big fan of Ben Stein. He always comes across as smug and a desperate wannabe cloaked behind a supposed intellectual front.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Im not a big fan of Ben Stein. He always comes across as smug and a desperate wannabe cloaked behind a supposed intellectual front.
    I thought he was smarter than this - he should at least learn about what he is attempting to discredit....

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Does he basically deal in religious propoganda?
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Does he basically deal in religious propoganda?
    No idea - from the trailer he seems to just be dealing in ignorant propaganda. I love he randomly throws in words like 'mud', or 'mistake', and has no clue what he is attempting to rally against.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    No idea - from the trailer he seems to just be dealing in ignorant propaganda. I love he randomly throws in words like 'mud', or 'mistake', and has no clue what he is attempting to rally against.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHbdM...eature=related

This is interesting too...I find the idea this show even exists slightly unbelievable.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHbdM...eature=related

This is interesting too...I find the idea this show even exists slightly unbelievable.
    "And by the way, they may be right, I'm not a scientist, they could be right."

Bam. STFU.

Edit: Haha, btw, at 5:25 in SS's video, is he actually Darwinism is responsible for the Holocaust?
    Last edited by andyc; 11-04-2008 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Haha, Stein is an absolute waste of space.

My favourite part of that linked video is when he implies that it's a good thing that he thought Beck was a sendup of conservatives. Because displaying the worst characteristics of your general ideology means you're great!
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

He was gun on America’s Most Smartest Model.

Dawkins's response to his portrayal in the film.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 11-04-2008 at 01:49 PM.

Cricketer Of The Year Robertinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    "And by the way, they may be right, I'm not a scientist, they could be right."

Bam. STFU.

Edit: Haha, btw, at 5:25 in SS's video, is he actually Darwinism is responsible for the Holocaust?
    Hahaha. Was expecting to see the aftermath of Hiroshima and a freshly napalmed Vietnamese village tbh.
    "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."

International Regular 16 tins of Spam's Avatar
    What a ****ing idiot. He makes the same classic errors that creationists always make: firstly, assuming that the origin of life on this planet was an "accident", or "random". It wasn't; while the odds of such an event in general are extremely long, with billions upon billions of planets in the universe the chances of life developing somewhere is not only highly probable, it's likely to be quite widespread.

The second classic error is assuming that Darwinism and theories on the origin of life itself are the same thing. Darwinism is merely concerned with the incremental steps that species have taken over millions of years to arrive at the point they are at now, not the "creation" of the life from which it originated.

I also have to laugh incredulously at this clown's assertion that ridicule of his beliefs - which are based on not an iota of evidence - amount to persecution. Correct me if I've been living under a rock and didn't see the news bulletins, but I certainly don't ever recall hearing of anyone being jailed, tortured or executed for believing in "Intelligent Design". On the other hand, if any scientists have lost their jobs over it then they deserve to; what with science being about, you know, evidence.

If a doctor was sacked by a hospital for practising alternative therapy instead of prescribing actual medicines and doing surgery and whatnot, they'd rightly deserve that too.
    Last edited by 16 tins of Spam; 11-04-2008 at 10:09 PM.
    Member of the Newtown Cricket Club since January '06 - "Per commissum ad taberna"
    Honorary Vice-President of the "Twenty20 Is Boring Society"

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Lol, I always knew Ben Stein was a total muppet, but this has re-affirmed what I though. The bloke doesn't have a clue about science really and is only bothered about corrupting people with baseless and moronic propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Thought this article was interesting, seeing just how pervasive this anti-evolution push has become.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information