Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I'm Against Gay Marriage...

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Let them get married then they'll find out what it's all about. Pfft. Still, marriage is between a man and woman in pretty much most of the world so umm yeah. Marriage coming as a result to solve getting people to stay together, have children and care for them.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.

Gay culture is a new fad created by the liberal media to undermine long-standing traditions. We know this is true because gay *** did not exist in ancient Greece and Rome.

There are plenty of straight families looking to adopt, and every unwanted child already has a loving family. This is why foster care does not exist.

Conservatives know best how to create strong families. That is why it is not true that Texas and Mississippi have the highest teen birthrates, and Massachusetts, Vermont, and New Hampshire have the lowest. This is a myth spread by the liberal media.

Marriage is a religious institution, defined by churches. This is why atheists do not marry. Christians also never get a divorce.

Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why our society has no single parents.

Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

Gay marriage should be decided by the people and their elected representatives, not the courts. The framers checked the courts, which represent mainstream public opinion, with legislatures created to protect the rights of minorities from the tyranny of the majority. Interference by courts in this matter is inappropriate, just as it has been every time the courts have tried to hold back legislatures pushing for civil rights.

Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because "separate but equal" institutions are a good way to satisfy the demands of uppity minority groups.

Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

On an unrelated note, Pitt, shh.

Well said.

Edit: To the bloke that actually said it
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 05-04-2008 at 02:44 AM.
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

"There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

"**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

Too true.

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Haha. I only just saw this, but LHC's already dropped the bomb. No way you could have come up with that yourself.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I can't think of a single argument against it that is remotely based on logic.
    Couldn't agree more. I think I've been quoted () on this forum before saying that it's the stupidest issue in politics today. There is absolutely no reason to oppose gay marriage other than homophobia, be it overt or otherwise.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Couldn't agree more. I think I've been quoted () on this forum before saying that it's the stupidest issue in politics today. There is absolutely no reason to oppose gay marriage other than homophobia, be it overt or otherwise.
    Seconded. Religious or not, opposing it just doesn't make sense.

Pretty poor form of Matteh not to acknowledge that wasn't his own work. I mean, we all knew anyway because it was more than two lines, but still...

Chopper Challenge Champion! Roulette Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Pretty poor form of Matteh not to acknowledge that wasn't his own work. I mean, we all knew anyway because it was more than two lines, but still...
    you're not my buddy, guy.
    "Matt Damon"

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by nibbs View Post
    you're not my buddy, guy.
    WTF are you on about?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    WTF are you on about?
    Haha, South Park quote from this week's episode. Probably just attached it to the first post he saw.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Ah. So an irrelevant nibbs post. There's a surprise.

International Coach
    As Jimmy Carr said: "Gay marriage will inevitably lead to gay divorce. And that will be bitchy."
    Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    That quote of yours is the first thing I think of whenever someone mentions gay marriage LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Lol at the 'Meet Lesbian singles in your area today' ad on this page for me.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information