Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 397

Thread: Why I'm Against Gay Marriage...

  1. #151
    U19 12th Man Googenheim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    hooters
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Well, kudos on the physically open relationship you obviously have with your mates, but given most of the actual contact I have with mine consists of either the "firm handshake" or the "slightly awkward hug with lots of back-slapping when team scores important goal/try" I reckon recondite groping of my person by any of them would be fairly apparent.
    Have no idea what the word recondite means, but I class arms-around-your-drinking-buddy's-shoulders and squashing oneself against the next person in crowded public transport as unacceptable/acceptable depending on the sexual intent (or lack of) behind it.

  2. #152
    The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    40,033
    Squashing oneself against the next person in a public transport should never be an intentional thing. Unless you're in Japan, and then I suppose its a rite of passage.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

    How the Universe came from nothing

  3. #153
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Gone too soon
    Posts
    47,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Googenheim View Post
    Have no idea what the word recondite means, but I class arms-around-your-drinking-buddy's-shoulders and squashing oneself against the next person in crowded public transport as unacceptable/acceptable depending on the sexual intent (or lack of) behind it.
    It's a synonym for "hidden", "secret", "not obvious" or "abstruse" basically.

    I personally don't think I'm quite gorgeous enough for any gay bloke to bother copping a surreptitious feel of and would suspect most gay blokes do have some degree of control even when presented with a prime specimen.
    Cricket Web's current Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "Ben Stokes, that most unlikely saint, worked the second of the two miracles he needs for his canonisation." - The Guardian's Andy Bell on the England all-rounder's Headingley ton

  4. #154
    cpr
    cpr is offline
    International Coach cpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The Beautiful North
    Posts
    13,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Googenheim View Post
    I think part of the repulsiveness towards homosexuals is the covertness. I mean, a girl wouldn't go all touchy-feely and flirty with a guy unless there was some attraction involved and encouragement on the part of the male. Something similar the other way round too. However, a straight guy could have a homosexual male get all touchy-feely with him without the former even realising the sexual intent behind the perceived casualness and mateship. Certainly freaked me out when this happened to me on a couple of occasions.
    Nothing worse than going for a drink with your gay flatmate down canal street, and him getting his mates to grab your arse every time you go to the bar. Doesnt help when the missis finds it hillarious.

    Having said that, getting women to hit on him and watching his akwardness was one of the funniest sights ever.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers


  5. #155
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Marsden Bay, NZ
    Posts
    23,750
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    most gay blokes do have some degree of control even when presented with a prime specimen.
    But that would make them...human!

  6. #156
    Hall of Fame Member GotSpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Posts
    16,168
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    It would be mildy funny if it wasn't the 150th time I'd heard some homophobe saying it tbh.
    But it was a joke. How am i a homophobe?
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

  7. #157
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Marsden Bay, NZ
    Posts
    23,750
    Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn View Post
    But it was a joke. How am i a homophobe?
    On 26 March, you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn View Post
    I think im homophobic.

  8. #158
    Hall of Fame Member GotSpin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Posts
    16,168
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    On 26 March, you said:
    Touche.

  9. #159
    Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    18,568
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Well, contrary to what some may believe, gay people can stay together, adopt children and care for them.
    How does that relate to what I said? The thing about children related to heterosexuals............
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

    R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

  10. #160
    Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    18,568
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, quite. Opposing gay couples raising kids on those grounds is tantamount to saying Jewish people shouldn't have children because they might suffer anti-semitism.
    Less likely to have that happen than to have a kid raised by gay parents be ridiculed and bullied. Far less.

  11. #161
    Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    18,568
    Guessing since homosexuality's normal it's a means of population control then. Would be great to know that if I was gay.

    And BTW define homophobia if you think I am. Judging by what I know I'm not but I could be wrong.

  12. #162
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,957
    Quote Originally Posted by roseboy64 View Post
    Guessing since homosexuality's normal it's a means of population control then. Would be great to know that if I was gay.

    And BTW define homophobia if you think I am. Judging by what I know I'm not but I could be wrong.
    Homophobia is essentially a discomfort with/fear of homosexuality (and homosexuals) which leads to anything from just distancing yourself from them personally, or tacitly attempting marginalise them from society for no particular reason other than their sexual preference, to outright hostility and violence.

    The post earlier in this thread from Googenheim is a pretty good example. The idea that homosexuality is repulsive because a gay person could secretly be hitting on you while behaving exactly the same way as friends of the same *** usually do. It's a "phobia" for a reason.

    On another note, the idea that children are more likely to be bullied because their parents are gay than because they are Jewish is beyond absurd. Ignoring the fact that people have been killed en masse for being Jewish in the past, I knew Jewish kids at school and they always got crap over it, whether it was in a joking, semi-harmless way or actually nasty.

    I can't express enough how wrong the idea that children of gay parents are relentlessly harassed over it is. It simply does not happen, it's a complete fantasy.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

  13. #163
    I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    25,172
    I imagine kids would be more curious than anything. I know if I'd want to be friends with a boy who has two mothers





    Had to be said, right?
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

  14. #164
    123/5 Flem274*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Posts
    40,354
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    Homophobia is essentially a discomfort with/fear of homosexuality (and homosexuals) which leads to anything from just distancing yourself from them personally, or tacitly attempting marginalise them from society for no particular reason other than their sexual preference, to outright hostility and violence.

    The post earlier in this thread from Googenheim is a pretty good example. The idea that homosexuality is repulsive because a gay person could secretly be hitting on you while behaving exactly the same way as friends of the same *** usually do. It's a "phobia" for a reason.

    On another note, the idea that children are more likely to be bullied because their parents are gay than because they are Jewish is beyond absurd. Ignoring the fact that people have been killed en masse for being Jewish in the past, I knew Jewish kids at school and they always got crap over it, whether it was in a joking, semi-harmless way or actually nasty.

    I can't express enough how wrong the idea that children of gay parents are relentlessly harassed over it is. It simply does not happen, it's a complete fantasy.
    Agree with most bar the last bit. I dunno about Australia but over here anybody homosexual or have a homosexual in the family etc is going to cop it from their smartarse classmates. Hence many teenage homosexuals or those who have homosexual parents (there are both cases at my school, which is ironically a catholic school) keep their mouths shut, quite understandably of course.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

  15. #165
    Hall of Fame Member Smudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    There or thereabouts
    Posts
    17,791
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Agree with most bar the last bit. I dunno about Australia but over here anybody homosexual or have a homosexual in the family etc is going to cop it from their smartarse classmates. Hence many teenage homosexuals or those who have homosexual parents (there are both cases at my school, which is ironically a catholic school) keep their mouths shut, quite understandably of course.
    Have you stopped to consider the possibility that Faaip might be drawing on personal experience here, Flem?

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Gay Marriage Debate
    By LongHopCassidy in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 690
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 07:50 PM
  2. Optimum age for marriage
    By Pratters in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 22-01-2005, 01:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •