Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Travel thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Looks like the Cotswolds for mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    You could just catch a bus from your place to Surfers in peak hour traffic. It'd take about as long as the Trans-Siberian from Beijing to Moscow. ****ing GC traffic!!! Mini-rant alert.

A random photo or two of French countryside:

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Looks like the Cotswolds for mine.
    Except for the straight road and lack of hedges?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Naah looks like the Five Mile Drive between Bourton on the Hill and Broadway to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    I've got a few trips planned in the near future, but the big one is that I'm off to Antarctica later this year. I have a life goal to set foot on all seven continents and I've been to the other six, so this will very much be the last frontier. It's about the most expensive thing you can do without going into space, but I'm hoping the experience will be worth every penny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitfires_Fan View Post
    Wow, Antarctica... I bet that'll be absolutely fascinating, I'll look forward to hearing all about it! Yeah, I've managed 4 continents so far, I'd love to get to South America at some point. I always had a fascination with Brazil as a kid, so would like to get there, but Peru is quite tempting as well.
    A bit of a self-indulgent dig, this, but I've just returned from Antarctica and so have now ticked off my life goal of having visited all seven continents. I think I need a new goal, as I'm feeling rather directionless...

Also, I don't know how many people saw this story:

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...rom=public_rss

But it happened while I was down there. The ship I was on was just 7 nautical miles away from this one when it ran aground, and so we were first on the scene as rescue patrol. We had to keep an all night vigil to make sure the situation didn't worsen until the Chilean navy came to take care of things. Got some cracking photos (of the stricken ship and Antarctica generally) that I'll post once I get them off my camera.
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Antarctica, cool. I have actually visited the other six continents, so I might as well pick up this ambition too...hmmmm....
    President of RTDAS - Ryan ten Doeschate - The Freddie Flintoff of Associate Cricket
    Member of DNAS, ESAS - Dirk Nannes, Edgar Schiferli. Dutchmen can bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    Steulen, are you half-Welsh? Cheer up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79
    God, I just worked out Steulen's avatar is a hedgehog, not a brain...
    Not sure how to feel now tbh...

I've only been to two continents thus far

Off to Cromwell for a day trip to the races in a week's time during my visit to Dunedin. Yeah, that's right - home of the giant plastic fruit.

"Cromwell, it's a great place to be".

I used to live a 15 minute drive from the Giant Kiwifruit in Te Puke. That's my claim to fame in New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sean View Post
    A bit of a self-indulgent dig, this, but I've just returned from Antarctica and so have now ticked off my life goal of having visited all seven continents.
    Would love to visit all seven continents but have a long way to go.

Have thus far gone to: France, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Denmark, Malta, Greece, Morocco, Egypt, China, Mongolia, Australia.

So still have to cover the Americas and Antarctica.
    However still feel I need to see so much more of the countries I have already visisted. Speny four months in Western Australia during the summer (my girlfriend is from Perth) but have seen nothing of the rest of the country and have been to Egypt without even seeing the Pyramids!

Pinball Champion!
    I went to one of the most soul destroying cities the other day, which I actually quite enjoyed for it's depressingness.. Sasolburg is like a South African S****horpe, purpose built around an oil refinery, with a very middle class white area where nobody wants to speak English, and a sprawling township that absolutely sucks. Sasolburg is even named after the oil company, it has that much culture.. The various suburbs are about five kilometers apart, so you can't walk anywhere and there are freeways that seperate them.. It is in one of the flattest areas in the world, and around the city is just mile upon mile of corn fields.. No matter how far away from Sasolburg you are, there are no hills or trees, so you can still see the black smoke eminating from the refinery hundreds of kilometers away.. If you find yourself unlucky enough to be there, you will probably be the only road user who isn't driving an articulated truck.. It's hard to believe you are in the same country as Table Mountain when you go to Sasolburg.. That will teach me for trying to avoid a freeway toll booth

I have just looked for photos of Sasolburg on Webshots, as it is a fairly large place, and the only photo I found was taken by me.

But...but...but...isn't that a....tree?

I went to one of the most soul destroying cities the other day, which I actually quite enjoyed for it's depressingness.. Sasolburg is like a South African S****horpe, purpose built around an oil refinery...and a sprawling township that absolutely sucks.
    Hmm...Sasol is paying for my studies, so I'll probably end up working there. I was supposed to work there in the 2008 December holidays, but ended up not going.

...with a very middle class white area where nobody wants to speak English
    At least I won't have a problem with those people, in fact I'll probably end up staying with them come December.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corli View Post
    Hmm...Sasol is paying for my studies, so I'll probably end up working there. I was supposed to work there in the 2008 December holidays, but ended up not going.

At least I won't have a problem with those people, in fact I'll probably end up staying with them come December.
    Guess it isn't as bad as Welkom.. I know someone who works for Sasol but she does accounting so gets to live in Randburg, Afrikaans is my tweede taal, and I seem to have forgotten virtually all of it, which is fine when you live in Grahamstown.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steulen View Post
    But...but...but...isn't that a....tree?
    nah its a nuclear mutant bush

Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information