Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Travel thread

I don't need to travel. I've downloaded Google Earth and can check everything out from there.

Did you know ... I can go to Japan ... and back?

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Zoom in on Elizabeth Street, Sydney.

I'm waving at you.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jumbo View Post
    Has the liberal idea of the weekend not reached Australia yet?
    It has, I'm just a very hard worker

Unfortunately, because this country is also a continent, it's a bit difficult to catch a train to Paris for the weekend .

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Zoom in on Elizabeth Street, Sydney.

I'm waving at you.

Sorry, could you go outside again?

I'm off to Clevedon/Kawakawa Bay on Saturday. That's a round trip of up to 80km. I'm spreading my wings.

Pinball Champion!
    My first time in Durban and the Drakensberg, which was nice.. But shame about the miserable weather

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    My first time in Durban and the Drakensberg, which was nice.. But shame about the miserable weather

Lovely landscape.

Anyway I have been toying with the idea of flying to Beijing and catching the train that goes up through Mongolia and into Russia (all the way to Moscow). Have no idea about cost/length of train trip and the hassles of getting visas. Russia is ****ed anyway being so paranoid that everybody needs a visa to get in, then they would be better off allowing people to enter for a few months visa free, would do a lot better tourism wise. Heard there is an Irish bar in the capital of Mongolia, Ulan Bator, and a bar dedicated to Adolf Hitler there as well, both of which I have to see.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Lovely landscape.

Anyway I have been toying with the idea of flying to Beijing and catching the train that goes up through Mongolia and into Russia (all the way to Moscow). Have no idea about cost/length of train trip and the hassles of getting visas. Russia is ****ed anyway being so paranoid that everybody needs a visa to get in, then they would be better off allowing people to enter for a few months visa free, would do a lot better tourism wise. Heard there is an Irish bar in the capital of Mongolia, Ulan Bator, and a bar dedicated to Adolf Hitler there as well, both of which I have to see.
    The Trans-Siberian? Awesome idea! I'm thinking of doing the same if I end up teaching in South Korea at some stage. I think it's be an idea to organise the visa some way in advance! It can be a bit of a hassle, but easier if you go through a travel agency etc. THere's an Irish bar in Surfers by the way
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

The Drakensburg? Is that the Blyde River Canyon National Park or something? Went there in 95 - there's a place called God's Window - supposed to be beautiful there - unfortunately we drove about 80 kms and it was covered in fog.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    The Trans-Siberian? Awesome idea! I'm thinking of doing the same if I end up teaching in South Korea at some stage. I think it's be an idea to organise the visa some way in advance! It can be a bit of a hassle, but easier if you go through a travel agency etc. THere's an Irish bar in Surfers by the way
    There's an Irish pub about a 800m walk from my house (and FTR I live about 15km away from Surfers)

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Have travelled a lot in india.....

out side india

Been to Indonesia,Sri lanka and Kenya.....

the best place i have been to must be kashmir..
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Pinball Champion!
    The Drakensburg? Is that the Blyde River Canyon National Park or something? Went there in 95 - there's a place called God's Window - supposed to be beautiful there - unfortunately we drove about 80 kms and it was covered in fog.
    No, the Blyde River canyon is in the same mountain range, but its about 200km further up.. Absolutely stunning place.. My photos are of Champagne Castle which is the highest mountain in Southern Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    No, the Blyde River canyon is in the same mountain range, but its about 200km further up.. Absolutely stunning place.. My photos are of Champagne Castle which is the highest mountain in Southern Africa
    Cheers. I remember driving around in a little VW Golf trying to find the lookout and getting completely lost, driving through some interesting towns. We'd been told not to go into certain areas when we got the car, but because we were lost we had no idea whether we were in said areas or not.

Still a lovely part of SA - we stayed here:

http://www.highgrove.co.za/gallery.html

which pretty much meant even doing nothing was pretty damn good. We drove to Hazyview from Skukuza, it was about 40 degrees. Next day it was 13 degrees and we had the log fire in the room going. Unbelieveable weather there.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    There's an Irish pub about a 800m walk from my house (and FTR I live about 15km away from Surfers)
    You could just catch a bus from your place to Surfers in peak hour traffic. It'd take about as long as the Trans-Siberian from Beijing to Moscow. ****ing GC traffic!!! Mini-rant alert.

Pinball Champion!
    Cheers. I remember driving around in a little VW Golf trying to find the lookout and getting completely lost, driving through some interesting towns. We'd been told not to go into certain areas when we got the car, but because we were lost we had no idea whether we were in said areas or not.

Still a lovely part of SA - we stayed here:

http://www.highgrove.co.za/gallery.html

which pretty much meant even doing nothing was pretty damn good. We drove to Hazyview from Skukuza, it was about 40 degrees. Next day it was 13 degrees and we had the log fire in the room going. Unbelieveable weather there.
    Fantastic, yeah you were probably driving around in the old car I used to drive, and am still obsessed with.. Not too familiar with Mpamulanga province, but I know Jo'burg very well which is probably where you set off.. Skukuza is a fairly safe area relitively speaking.. Only got a couple of pics from up there.. If you ever go back to SA, you can't miss the Central Drakensberg, (lesotho border) area, absolutely phenomenal place..

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread Information