Cricket Player Manager
Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Travel thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Here's a video I made from the four months I spent traveling in China. Take a look and let me know what you think - just make sure to change the quality to 480p.

Daemon, James, NUFAN and 1 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Nicely put together Andy!

What was going on at 2:49-2:51?

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Nicely put together Andy!

What was going on at 2:49-2:51?
    Haha, they were all taking pictures of me. Outside of big cities (and even still sometimes in them), foreigners can still be quite the novelty, and it just happened that when I was on this mountain, there was a big group of school kids that were loving getting the chance to take a picture with a foreigner. Whenever someone approached me and asked for a photo on the trip I'd let them, as long as they let me take one too - I've got like 40 odd photos now of me with random Chinese people.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Haha, they were all taking pictures of me. Outside of big cities (and even still sometimes in them), foreigners can still be quite the novelty, and it just happened that when I was on this mountain, there was a big group of school kids that were loving getting the chance to take a picture with a foreigner. Whenever someone approached me and asked for a photo on the trip I'd let them, as long as they let me take one too - I've got like 40 odd photos now of me with random Chinese people.
    Haha quite the celebrity then!

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Haha quite the celebrity then!
    In all honesty there were a few times I just couldn't deal with it. Had one night where I'd gotten off a 12+ hour train, all I wanted to do was have my dinner and a beer and go to sleep. But instead I had blokes coming over making me scull bottles of beer with them, take pictures and talk with me. 95% of the time it's all good fun, but there's times you just don't want to deal with it, but for some people it's the first time they've met a foreigner they can speak to so you don't want to make a bad impression. Couldn't imagine what it would be like to have to deal with that sort of stuff your whole life.

I drove from Sheffield to Fort William today (different dates from what I mentioned in my plans earlier). And boy, was I thrilled! A82 road from Glasgow to Forty William was exhilarating. Imposing mountains on all sides, vat lakes, sun setting in the horizon, cover of fog...this was something else. For most part it was beautiful, but in parts it was scary too because for very long stretches there was no civilization and fog far away was limiting my vision. And then I also got low fuel warning in between Added to the thrill!

I'm really glad that I took the decision to drive up to the Scottish Highlands. Turns out this was the road that James Bond drove through in the movie Skyfall. Seem to have a lot of history behind it too.

Tomorrow I'm off to Edinburgh. Haven't quite planned what I'd do. Let's see how it goes, though I have half a mind to drive further up to Inverness
    Last edited by ankitj; 13-09-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Scotland is a magical part of the world. Such a lovely place, minus the Neds Would love to get back there myself sometime.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Headed to Scotland to visit family in May, myself. Had a trip in '09, favourite place is probably Edinburgh. Glasgow could take or leave. No matter where I was, the food was generally awful. Looking forward to it.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Headed to Scotland to visit family in May, myself. Had a trip in '09, favourite place is probably Edinburgh. Glasgow could take or leave. No matter where I was, the food was generally awful. Looking forward to it.
    Yeah Edinburgh is a lovely city. Glasgow a bit rough. North of Glasgow is beautiful though. Once you get into the highlands it's magnificent, so many gorgeous little spots.

Chocolate Soup and The Forest cafes in Edinburgh worth a visit too.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 28-12-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Oh yeah, did go to Chocolate Soup last time, was great. The smorgasboard-style Gardenwise cacophany of carbs, fat and blood......less so.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Here's a video I made from the four months I spent traveling in China. Take a look and let me know what you think - just make sure to change the quality to 480p.
    This link now dead as I've reuploaded it into 720p here ftr.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend smalishah84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    I drove from Sheffield to Fort William today (different dates from what I mentioned in my plans earlier). And boy, was I thrilled! A82 road from Glasgow to Forty William was exhilarating. Imposing mountains on all sides, vat lakes, sun setting in the horizon, cover of fog...this was something else. For most part it was beautiful, but in parts it was scary too because for very long stretches there was no civilization and fog far away was limiting my vision. And then I also got low fuel warning in between Added to the thrill!

I'm really glad that I took the decision to drive up to the Scottish Highlands. Turns out this was the road that James Bond drove through in the movie Skyfall. Seem to have a lot of history behind it too.

Tomorrow I'm off to Edinburgh. Haven't quite planned what I'd do. Let's see how it goes, though I have half a mind to drive further up to Inverness
    yes, have heard good things about Scotland. Would like to visit it someday
    And smalishah's avatar is the most classy one by far Jan certainly echoes the sentiments of CW

Yeah we don't crap in the first world; most of us would actually have no idea what that was emanating from Ajmal's backside. Why isn't it roses and rainbows like what happens here? PEWS's retort to Ganeshran on Daemon's picture depicting Ajmal's excreta

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco View Post
    Yeah Edinburgh is a lovely city. Glasgow a bit rough. North of Glasgow is beautiful though. Once you get into the highlands it's magnificent, so many gorgeous little spots.Chocolate Soup and The Forest cafes in Edinburgh worth a visit too.
    Pussy. Glaagow > Edinburgh.

If you could guarantee the weather then I wouldn't want to leave Scotland for much. The Western Isles are absolutely stunning - so much so that the Tourist Board of Thailand has used images of the beaches on Barra (IIRC) and passed them off as Thailand. If you could guarantee a week or two of warm sunshine then I wouldn't consider going abroad for some sun.

One thing that's on my bucketlist is to spend a long weekend on Islay and just tour the distilleries.
    Last edited by Furball; 29-12-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    social likes this.
    ​63*

Have been out to Barra, rode a bicycle around it. It was a beautiful little island. The planes landing on the beach and sitting on the beach in a jacket were interesting experiences. The wire fences around the greens on the golf course to keep out the sheep were also unique.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 30-12-2013 at 06:15 AM.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    I was thrilled to visit the Pyramids but if you like this sort of thing Ephesus is a must, a truly magical experience.
    Cricket Spectator

Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread Information