Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Travel thread

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Me me there and I will show you a fantasdtic time. Despoite what many people think, youy are a decent poster. Pratters FTW.

Japan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every othwr couyntery.
    I think you're getting carried away there...but it is better than South Korea. It is becoming a pretty cool place to go. Thought it was a bit like the Asian Europe when I went to Fukuoka. Nice wide bike paths and hot women - what more could you ask for? Definitely better than hot bike paths and wide women.
    Last edited by Son Of Coco; 05-08-2010 at 04:13 AM.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Me me there and I will show you a fantasdtic time. Despoite what many people think, youy are a decent poster. Pratters FTW.
    Thanks Craigos. I have always felt I am fairly well liked by the wider cw audience.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Ok, so has anyone traveled on the following airlines long-haul, in any class, and how did you find them?

Emirates
    BA
    Air China
    Etihad
    Thai
    Singapore Airlines
    Qantas
    Korean Airlines

If not, anyone have any decent reports on other airlines?

Thanks.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ok, so has anyone traveled on the following airlines long-haul, in any class, and how did you find them?

Emirates
    BA
    Air China
    Etihad
    Thai
    Singapore Airlines
    Qantas
    Korean Airlines

Thanks.
    Been on Qantas a few times to America, it's ok and going again in just over a month although recent news isn't too uplifiting...
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Korean Airlines was OK I suppose, but I probably wouldn't travel with them again.

My experiences with Asian airlines has been the crew are awesome and the seats are tiny. Only been on Cathay though.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Korean Airlines was OK I suppose, but I probably wouldn't travel with them again.
    I don't want you to think me an ingrate mate, but how does that follow?

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Been on Qantas a few times to America, it's ok and going again in just over a month although recent news isn't too uplifiting...
    Try Knowing an Air Hostess who just started with them.
    Parmi

Avatar now by choice. 5-0 in the Ashes and all.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    My experiences with Asian airlines has been the crew are awesome and the seats are tiny. Only been on Cathay though.
    Did long-haul to London and back on Cathay, wouldn't fault them in any way. Know what you mean about the seats but, tbh, didn't impact on my enjoyment of the trip at all.

Flying JQ to Japan. FSM help me. At least we're getting meals ($60 extra each way for two airline meals, do you ****ing mind).
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ripper868 View Post
    Try Knowing an Air Hostess who just started with them.
    Unusual for them to be < 45 in my experience. Got a predilection for older ladies all of a sudden lad?

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Unusual for them to be < 45 in my experience. Got a predilection for older ladies all of a sudden lad?
    Try Air India if that's the case.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar

Emirates
    BA
    Air China
    Etihad
    Thai
    Singapore Airlines
    Qantas
    Korean Airlines

Thanks.
    I've flown Emirates on several long-haul flights - they were good rather than great. Best IFE though, huge range of movies/TV shows to watch.
    Etihad on a few long-haul flights, excellent service on all of them and good entertainment.
    Thai has been average in my experience, but I haven't flown them in a few years.
    Singapore is consistently excellent, it's usually my first choice.
    From other airlines that aren't on your list - I've had consistently good experiences on the Indian airlines. They cop a lot of flack, but really are excellent in terms of service. Surprisingly, despite their reputation, Air France has been very good in my limited experience. Another top quality airline is Turkish Airlines, if you have that choice.
    Whereabouts are you going?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Flown a lot with Air China and the other Chinese airlines (China Southern, etc.). Very much a case of sardines in a can, but it's pretty cheap. They did once lose Mum's luggage coming back to Aus, and ended up returning it to our house at something like 4 am for some reason. Got a free business class upgrade out of it though, and tbh I'd say Qantas economy was at least on par, if not better. Gets you there all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

I don't want you to think me an ingrate mate, but how does that follow?
    Same as with most other Asian airlines with it being pretty cramped and all., The service was actually pretty average compared to the likes of Kathay Pacific. The food was tasty though.

If it was the only option available I'd fly with them, but there's a whole heap of airlines that fly the same routes that I prefer over Korean Airlines.

Emirates
    BA
    Air China
    Etihad
    Thai
    Singapore Airlines
    Qantas
    Korean Airlines

Thanks.
    Me and and a mate flew to England in 2005 with BA and it was rather average. Bugger all movie and channel options. I flew Sydney to Bangkok, and then Bangkok to London, and I got to go towards the front of the economy class section and got more leg room as a result, but was because there was some spare seats, and I got a free view of Turkmenistan at 38,000ft. I was on BA on the way back, and it was much the same. Although TBF, they probably have improved since then, and I didn't pay for the trip (I won a holiday over there), so beggars can't be choosers I guess. I traveled with Singapore Airlines when I last went to Europe, and I was happy with them. I was able to take my bike on the plane for no charge whatsoever. But aside from that, the service was quite good, and I would happily fly with them again.

I have only flown with Qantas internationally between Australia and New Zealand, but it was a long time ago. My parents have had to go back to New Zealand for funerals at the last minute and they have been a million times more helpful then Air New Zealand, who were just a bunch of ****s.
    Last edited by Craig; 03-09-2010 at 02:36 AM.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread Information