Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 135 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 2044
Like Tree555Likes

Thread: Travel thread

would take 17 hour flight over multiple transfers any day of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    you went via doha? how savage was the 17 hour flight? ive heard they've cramming seats into their planes and i don't wanna go 10 wide instead of 9 wide.
    Despite ending up at the bulkhead next to a mother and her 6 month old baby, surprisingly fine. So can't comment on leg room because we had loads. Plane seemed the same as the Sofia>Doha and we had 'regular' seats on that and it was fine. Couldn't fault them really tbh. I probably slept for about 8 hours of it too. Didn't get any sleep on Thai airways from Auckland to Bangkok>Bangkok to Rome, though.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    you went via doha? how savage was the 17 hour flight? ive heard they've cramming seats into their planes and i don't wanna go 10 wide instead of 9 wide.
    Also isn't the 3-4-3 seat configuration fairly standard as well?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Am very excited as it seems we have locked in our North America trip (barring pandemics) for September. It's a combined honeymoon/ my 50th present and deadset cannot wait. LA to do the Vanderpump restaurants (do not @ me), then San Francisco and a road trip to Sonoma/ Napa Valley and Yosemite over a few days, followed by NYC for a week or so then Mexico (Cabo) for the same duration. Got the flights via points so can do business all the way and tbh am most excited about the road trip and NYC, especially seeing the Starry Night at MOMA (no. 2 on my bucket list). We thought about Vegas and doing a road trip out of there to Grand Canyon and Area 51 but decided Yosemite is too big a bucket list item (top 10) to ignore. Just deciding whether we go full Griswald and get an RV or rent a sedan and stay at hotels along the way. Either way, nice to finally lock in our honeymoon after 4 years.

I think the last week in Cabo we'll basically just veg and do sfa after all the travel.

Now the kids are 18 it's ****ing liberating, man. Can properly afford to do some traveling again, just the two of us. The plan is to do a massive OS trip every two years, and the in between years do like a week or two chilling in the West Pac or SE Asia.

Two years' time is Mrs Burgey's 50th, so the onus will be on me to line up Sth Africa properly. Already excited about that as well.
    Chewie, _Ed_, NZTailender and 7 others like this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke
    #FreeShri
    #408. Sixty three not out forever.

International 12th Man
    that sounds amazing

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Superb! Hope it's as enjoyable as it sounds.

International Debutant
    Just realised AUD is bad for travelling North America and Europe, so weak

Yeah, the Tories here have basically run our economy to a standstill over the past nearly 7 years, unfortunately. Nevertheless, not paying for flights certainly helps in terms of affordability, and tbh Mexico makes even Bali and Thailand seem expensive by comparison, in terms of what you get in accommodation. n doubt the rest of the accommodation will be expensive, but it is what it is. Am just grateful to finally be having a holiday to ourselves. Even last year at LikuLiku, Mrs Burgey's step mum was with us, tough in another room of course. Will just be nice to have time together. Haven't really had that since our first ever Fiji trip, aside from the standard sort of weekends away.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Whereabouts are you spark?
    Was in Charlotte and then northern GA.
    citoyens, vouliez-vous une révolution sans révolution?

those nights were on fire
    we couldn't get higher
    we didn't know that we had it all
    but no one warns you before the fall

How was Charlotte? Was thinking of doing it as part of this trip (because Southern Charm) when we were intending to go to the east coast of Mexico, but decided on San Francisco instead.

Answer me, ****!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    How was Charlotte? Was thinking of doing it as part of this trip (because Southern Charm) when we were intending to go to the east coast of Mexico, but decided on San Francisco instead.
    "Southern Charm" is not really what I'd associate with Charlotte. Suburbia, suburbia, and more suburbia is. Granted I think that the area I stayed was a little more "peak suburbia" than the norm, and I haven't seen most of the city, but still. Charleston is a better bet, and frankly there's definitely a see-it-while-you-can aspect there because it took me about ten seconds on the drive in to think "this place is not going to exist in a few generations". Nice town, though.

Southern food is superb though. Would kill for Cracker Barrel to branch out down here.
    Last edited by Spark; 12-02-2020 at 12:20 AM.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Am very excited as it seems we have locked in our North America trip (barring pandemics) for September. It's a combined honeymoon/ my 50th present and deadset cannot wait. LA to do the Vanderpump restaurants (do not @ me), then San Francisco and a road trip to Sonoma/ Napa Valley and Yosemite over a few days, followed by NYC for a week or so then Mexico (Cabo) for the same duration. Got the flights via points so can do business all the way and tbh am most excited about the road trip and NYC, especially seeing the Starry Night at MOMA (no. 2 on my bucket list). We thought about Vegas and doing a road trip out of there to Grand Canyon and Area 51 but decided Yosemite is too big a bucket list item (top 10) to ignore. Just deciding whether we go full Griswald and get an RV or rent a sedan and stay at hotels along the way. Either way, nice to finally lock in our honeymoon after 4 years.

I think the last week in Cabo we'll basically just veg and do sfa after all the travel.

Now the kids are 18 it's ****ing liberating, man. Can properly afford to do some traveling again, just the two of us. The plan is to do a massive OS trip every two years, and the in between years do like a week or two chilling in the West Pac or SE Asia.

Two years' time is Mrs Burgey's 50th, so the onus will be on me to line up Sth Africa properly. Already excited about that as well.
    Since you're going to San Francisco, take the ferry across to Sausalito and visit Muir Woods. It's a gorgeous place. The redwood trees take your breath away.
    Burgey likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Oh, forgot that you're going to Yosemite anyway, there are plenty of massive sequoia trees there. That place is definitely on my bucket list, need to do a hike over there.

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    Since you're going to San Francisco, take the ferry across to Sausalito and visit Muir Woods. It's a gorgeous place. The redwood trees take your breath away.
    For some exercise, ride bikes over the GG bridge from Fisherman's Wharf, do your visit to Muir Woods then catch the ferry back with the bikes.

Thread Information