Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130
Results 1,936 to 1,945 of 1945
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: Travel thread

Just had 2 cracking weeks in Malaysia. Great food, cheap (though not outrageously), reasonably easy to get around, cleaner and less chaotic than some of its near neighbours. Pity about the heat and humidity, but not much you can do about that.

Now got a couple of days in Singapore before continuing to Australia, then NZ. There anything in particular to do in that time? That doesn't cost a fortune, funds are getting stretched...

Avoid Daemon
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by trundler View Post
    Avoid Daemon
    City of 5 million people, can't be too hard

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Malta is great but wouldn't recommend it in August. The 32-35 heat is OK but the humidity has been obscene at times. Aborted one day out sightseeing as it was just too horrible. Will definitely come back at a different time of year when not as humid and see the rest of the sights.

Valetta and Victoria are great days out.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Back in Athens for a day. Walking about at night. Ended up walking past a mob throwing molotov cocktails at riot police. Pretty hairy. But I was told this was nothing out of the ordinary.
    zorax likes this.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    S.Kennedy's Greek?
    Adders and zorax like this.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    He's a ****

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    I'm thinking about planning a trip for the family (wife and three little kids) to visit London next year. Part of it is that I need to plan a trip for the missus's 35th birthday, plus we'll get to see her aunt that just kicked cancer's ass, and I'd love to plan it around Pakistan playing a Test at Lords.

So with that in mind, CW, any suggestions? I haven't been to London since '09 when I was single and happy enough to stay at a roach-infested hotel close to a tube station. Now I need to find a quality place to stay but not break the bank. Which areas should I keep in mind? Pakistan play at Lords end of July, what type of ticket pricing should I expect to watch 2 days? It's not a heavy rain season I don't think, right? I really think she'll like Scotland. Any beaches you'd recommend? I stayed with family in Glasgow last time but things are a bit... awkward with them right now. Any good places outside of the city to stay?

Sorry if my questions are a jumbled mess, it's mostly me thinking out loud.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Stay in Scotland and visit for a few days of the Test if you must.

London is a bit of a hole. Parts of it are proper 3rd world and the food isnít great either.

I stayed in Ibis near Shepís Bush and it was clean, budget friendly and next to the tube. Zone 1 and near all the usual touristy stuff.
    Last edited by Daemon; 05-09-2019 at 03:19 AM.
    nightprowler10 likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    I'm thinking about planning a trip for the family (wife and three little kids) to visit London next year. Part of it is that I need to plan a trip for the missus's 35th birthday, plus we'll get to see her aunt that just kicked cancer's ass, and I'd love to plan it around Pakistan playing a Test at Lords.

So with that in mind, CW, any suggestions? I haven't been to London since '09 when I was single and happy enough to stay at a roach-infested hotel close to a tube station. Now I need to find a quality place to stay but not break the bank. Which areas should I keep in mind? Pakistan play at Lords end of July, what type of ticket pricing should I expect to watch 2 days? It's not a heavy rain season I don't think, right? I really think she'll like Scotland. Any beaches you'd recommend? I stayed with family in Glasgow last time but things are a bit... awkward with them right now. Any good places outside of the city to stay?

Sorry if my questions are a jumbled mess, it's mostly me thinking out loud.
    Get an Air BnB or serviced apartment mate. If you're looking for a place to stay fora family of five, hotel rooms will kill you in London in what passes for summer there. Plus they're incredibly cramped and poorly ventilated.
    nightprowler10 likes this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Thread Information