Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 130 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 1975
Like Tree497Likes

Thread: Travel thread

Just had 2 cracking weeks in Malaysia. Great food, cheap (though not outrageously), reasonably easy to get around, cleaner and less chaotic than some of its near neighbours. Pity about the heat and humidity, but not much you can do about that.

Now got a couple of days in Singapore before continuing to Australia, then NZ. There anything in particular to do in that time? That doesn't cost a fortune, funds are getting stretched...

Avoid Daemon
    trundler isn't annoying at all. He's quality. -TJB
    Yea trundler is the new Bijed. Good addition. - Zorax
    Quote Originally Posted by ankitj View Post
    trundler is the coolest member to join the forum in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by trundler View Post
    Avoid Daemon
    City of 5 million people, can't be too hard

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Malta is great but wouldn't recommend it in August. The 32-35 heat is OK but the humidity has been obscene at times. Aborted one day out sightseeing as it was just too horrible. Will definitely come back at a different time of year when not as humid and see the rest of the sights.

Valetta and Victoria are great days out.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Back in Athens for a day. Walking about at night. Ended up walking past a mob throwing molotov cocktails at riot police. Pretty hairy. But I was told this was nothing out of the ordinary.
    zorax likes this.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    S.Kennedy's Greek?
    Adders and zorax like this.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    He's a ****

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    I'm thinking about planning a trip for the family (wife and three little kids) to visit London next year. Part of it is that I need to plan a trip for the missus's 35th birthday, plus we'll get to see her aunt that just kicked cancer's ass, and I'd love to plan it around Pakistan playing a Test at Lords.

So with that in mind, CW, any suggestions? I haven't been to London since '09 when I was single and happy enough to stay at a roach-infested hotel close to a tube station. Now I need to find a quality place to stay but not break the bank. Which areas should I keep in mind? Pakistan play at Lords end of July, what type of ticket pricing should I expect to watch 2 days? It's not a heavy rain season I don't think, right? I really think she'll like Scotland. Any beaches you'd recommend? I stayed with family in Glasgow last time but things are a bit... awkward with them right now. Any good places outside of the city to stay?

Sorry if my questions are a jumbled mess, it's mostly me thinking out loud.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Stay in Scotland and visit for a few days of the Test if you must.

London is a bit of a hole. Parts of it are proper 3rd world and the food isn’t great either.

I stayed in Ibis near Shep’s Bush and it was clean, budget friendly and next to the tube. Zone 1 and near all the usual touristy stuff.
    Last edited by Daemon; 05-09-2019 at 04:19 AM.
    nightprowler10 likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    I'm thinking about planning a trip for the family (wife and three little kids) to visit London next year. Part of it is that I need to plan a trip for the missus's 35th birthday, plus we'll get to see her aunt that just kicked cancer's ass, and I'd love to plan it around Pakistan playing a Test at Lords.

So with that in mind, CW, any suggestions? I haven't been to London since '09 when I was single and happy enough to stay at a roach-infested hotel close to a tube station. Now I need to find a quality place to stay but not break the bank. Which areas should I keep in mind? Pakistan play at Lords end of July, what type of ticket pricing should I expect to watch 2 days? It's not a heavy rain season I don't think, right? I really think she'll like Scotland. Any beaches you'd recommend? I stayed with family in Glasgow last time but things are a bit... awkward with them right now. Any good places outside of the city to stay?

Sorry if my questions are a jumbled mess, it's mostly me thinking out loud.
    Get an Air BnB or serviced apartment mate. If you're looking for a place to stay fora family of five, hotel rooms will kill you in London in what passes for summer there. Plus they're incredibly cramped and poorly ventilated.
    nightprowler10 likes this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

State Vice-Captain
    I'm currently in Hanoi hanging out with a friend who has moved here for six months for work. I was actually here only 6 months ago so am working remotely rather than doing much touristy stuff, and just enjoying the good cheap food (and also being 6 hours behind NZ means no one really bothers me)

Spent a week in Taipei last week which was cool, my first time there.

Off to Kuala Lumpur for a couple of days shortly, and then to Singapore for a few days. Haven't been to KL before so plan on going to Batu caves and Petronas Towers. Last time I was in Singapore was like 15 years ago so will be cool to see what has changed.
    Flem274* likes this.

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    enjoy vietnam man, that place is cool

i'm thinking either sicily, greece, turkey, armenia or america for my next crack. initially i wanted to see the new york natural history museum, grand canyon, yellowstone etc but i was thinking about syracuse the other day and how it's a history nerd paradise no one really thinks about.

i also need to do some research into turkey to find out what remains there. anatolia and the near east is so fascinating with all the different cultures who have passed through there.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Turkey and Oman are next on my list
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Has anyone been to Langkawi and if so what was it like?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    cambodia was genuinely awesome even if you don't count the ***

meals are cheap like 2-3 usd if you eat at food stalls and 5-6 is you eat at restaurants

their currency is so undervalued that almost every transaction is done via usd

rooms cost like 20$ each split between two people

siem reap

catching the sunrise at angkor watt was quite the experience

got a ****** guide tho and paid him like 70 usd

prick didn't say much about the significance history of the place and just took photos of us every two minutes and didn't send the pics until yesterday wac - only guy i was rude to in camodia

food is cheap unless you eat near the touristy locations

night markets are awesome

there is place called pub street frequented by tourists and tuk tuk drivers are more like drug dealers than drivers

had a coconut mango pudding at a stall and came back every night to have the same thing

they shout at you like "tuk tuk, weed, cocaine, mushrooms!" if you are a tourist

a bag of greens is 15$

food is inexpensive and delicious- won't find a cheaper location for food in any of the other tourist attractions - just go to a food stall that looks busy with people and you'll be fine

koh rong samleon

one of the two big islands of koh rong

this one is quiet and has lazy island music at nights with camp fires and locals doing fire tricks

food is overpriced but sea food is really fresh and tasty - deep fried whole garlic king prawns were epic and definitely a highlight

spent one day and one night in koh rong samleon

koh rong main island

the party island

you have pizza joints, bars and restaurants

a couple of bars sell happy cookies(mj edibles) and also weed at the counter

i asked nicely and pretended that i had never smoked weed before and the cute chick behind the counter sold me a smaller bag to trial for like 5$

the girl wanted to go scuba diving on day 2 but i don't know how to swim and i am terrified of the water so i kinda threw one of those tube thingies into the water near the dive boat and floated around for a bit in the water while high af

something brushed against my leg underwater in the sea and i freaked out and tried getting to the boat thinking it was a shark but it was just plastic trash in the sea

and then i got to the deck and intensely focused on a shadow below the boat thinking it was a shark but it turned out to be the boat's shadow plus my head that i thought was the fishy's fin

we went to see the bio luminescent plankton at night but you had to know how to swim to see them properly by going underwater, otherwise you could only see like 10% from the boat - i saw 10%

then we hired a scooter from a shop and drove around the island through makeshift roads made on steep hills

i got the scooter stuck on sand and had to put in a **** load of effort in the 34 degree noon heat to get it out and was down for the count after that

went for a dip in the beach every now and then while riding around at beautiful spots

was really terrified about dropping the scooter in one of the hills but was strong/skilled enough to finish the trip without accidents

felt nauseous but couldn't throw up all evening meh so i skipped dinner

twice as expensive as siem reap on average but its kinda worth it

phnom penh

capital city

**** hole

bad overpriced food compared to the other places

cheapest room with air con was found in a red light district

didn't know it was a red light district until we got there and there were hoors all around the street

got a foot massage with the girl that i was forced into

won't lie it felt good

every other customer had a girl do it but i of course got massaged by a guy

ffs

went to the killing fields

incredible but sad place

they give you an audio device to listen to while you walk around the spots

the audio guide was really well done and easy to understand

the khmer rouge were brutal and killed 1/4th of the country's population in similar killing fields all around the country and it happened in ****ing 1979 ****

went there on the last day before leaving and it was the one place that the girl really wanted to see

but she got depressed af and didn't want to **** that evening

i mean how long is it appropriate to wait for *** after seeing a tower of skulls that have been collected from mass graves? idk. but i got hard at the baby burial site.

jk but yeah that place was emotionally draining

if i did it all over again, i'd just spend extra time at siem reap and at the islands and spend like a day max at the capital

thinking about going to laos next year which is supposed to be twice as inexpensive
    Last edited by Shri; 24-11-2019 at 11:06 PM.
    zorax likes this.
    I am proud of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Thread Information