Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 127 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2049
Like Tree567Likes

Thread: Travel thread

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Yeah, anyone heading that way should just visit one of the 6000 or so national parks nearby instead. Now those are worth travelling for.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Yeah, anyone heading that way should just visit one of the 6000 or so national parks nearby instead. Now those are worth travelling for.
    Definitely one of my regrets thus far. Really need to fix it asap.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

International Vice-Captain GoodAreasShane's Avatar
    Somewhere vaguely near the Mercantile Mutual sign
    Going down to Middleton with a couple mates next weekend. While I am there I will go up the road to Port Elliot for a day, Shaun Tait owns one of the pubs there. Would love to have a chat with Sloon about his career tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    glad to not have found out the real name of GoodAreasShane, as it allows me to keep imagining that at club cricket his mates shout "good areas, GoodAreasShane"
    Grew up wanting to be Warnie, couldn't even crack Daniel Doran level

Dan
    Global Moderator
    Any London recommendations, other than the usual stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Honestly if Dan isn't the greatest living creature on Earth, he is only second behind Luggage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Langer
    Compete with us | Smile with us | Fight on with us | Dream with us

Dishoom is overrated. Don't bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Yeah it sucks, quite honestly.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    I would suggest the South Bank and everything around that area. Canary Wharf for the architecture and scale of the place (mostly deserted at the weekend). Westminster and Buckingham Palace and all that etc. Royal courts of justice quite fun to visit as well imo, if you're into that sort of thing. Lots of great architecture in legal London (i.e. In and around the Strand) in general actually. Soho always amusing and plenty of good places to eat and drink around there. Same goes for Shoreditch, but that's a bit too trendy for my tastes.

Canary Wharf's a soulless hole imo. South Bank is good to visit, though obviously swarming with tourists - as most places around London are I suppose. Have thought for a while that a good starter walking route is getting the tube to St Pauls, then heading across to Leadenhall Market, across the bridge to Borough Market for food then going along the south side of the river to Waterloo/South Bank. Would also recommend going to a comedy club, plenty of places do free ones where you pay whatever you want at the end, I've been to Angel Comedy a few times and to a couple of other ones too. Maybe head out to Richmond Park and wander around, see the deer there, it's a nice area too though pricey.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Cabinet War Rooms are brilliant.
    The Tate is a must.
    Covent garden rooftop pub for a beer is good for people watching
    Chancery Lane is great

Generally, just walk. Always something interesting. And hope it doesn’t rain because it’s miserable when it does

State Captain
    This isn't true for all cities, but for London the usual suggestions are the usual suggestions because they are really good.

Watch out for museum/art gallery fatigue. London is exhausting in this way. It's easy to find you stop enjoying, because you are trying to cram too much into a day.

Just walk is a good suggestion, although it doesn't help the fatigue too much.
    Last edited by Bolo; 12-08-2019 at 12:52 AM.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Tate Modern if you're into art. There's a great blues bar in Soho called Ain't Nothin' But which had surprisingly reasonably priced drinks for the area. Enjoyed seeing a view of London from Ally Pally.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Apart from going to the beach and visiting every Vanderpump restaurant, what is there to do in Los Angeles? Not interested in Disney **** (Anaheim, I know) or Universal studios tbh. Strikes me as an average joint tbh.
    I had no desire to visit LA until I saw the doco City of Gold. Want to go there just for food now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meridio View Post
    Canary Wharf's a soulless hole imo. South Bank is good to visit, though obviously swarming with tourists - as most places around London are I suppose. Have thought for a while that a good starter walking route is getting the tube to St Pauls, then heading across to Leadenhall Market, across the bridge to Borough Market for food then going along the south side of the river to Waterloo/South Bank. Would also recommend going to a comedy club, plenty of places do free ones where you pay whatever you want at the end, I've been to Angel Comedy a few times and to a couple of other ones too. Maybe head out to Richmond Park and wander around, see the deer there, it's a nice area too though pricey.
    It is, but it looks cool imo.

Wouldn't dream of going there during the week, but at the weekend you basically have the place to yourself, and the sense of scale is pretty eerie.
    Daemon likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah it sucks, quite honestly.
    Haha it's overrated sure but it doesn't suck. Burger & Lobster on the other hand is overrated af. Hard to go wrong with lobster rolls and steamed lobster but for that price..

Some pretty cool exhibitions were up at Saatchi gallery when I was there recently.

Yeah fair enough, it does not suck, but it really is nothing special at all. So overrated.

Thread Information