Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 119 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2044
Like Tree555Likes

Thread: Travel thread

i fly to rome on the 26th of feb lol

i've never been huge on the renaissance stuff. will have plenty of time to do the lot in rome tho. everyone insists i go to florence so i might end up booking a last minute train for a day trip. already spent 170 nzd on fast trains to bologna, venice and spending a few days in salerno
    Last edited by Flem274*; 15-02-2019 at 03:56 AM.
    when the truth walks away, everybody stays because the truth about the world is that crime does pay #freeshri
    proudly supporting central districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    If you donít do The Vatican tour I will hunt you down and kill you. Itís insane
    Ausage likes this.

haha i'll probably dedicate a whole day to vatican city. i have about a week and a half in rome, i'll have time.

Flem I'd try to fit Jordan in there if you can. Much nicer than Egypt in terms of actually being able to enjoy yourself and not being hounded by scammers at every tourist site. Doesn't have the pyramids of course but it has its own pretty special archaeology including obviously Petra and Jerash. Really really nice people and very safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

i was going to ask you about jordan since i know you've been. i'd love to see petra just wasn't sure how to go about it given i know very little about modern jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i was going to ask you about jordan since i know you've been. i'd love to see petra just wasn't sure how to go about it given i know very little about modern jordan.
    There's a lot more than just Petra. The good thing about Jordan is that if you really need to you can just go on day trips basically anywhere from Amman (although if you're going to Petra, for example you'd want to spend more than a day there). If you stay in Amman at an Airbnb for, say, a week there's a lot you can get done. Amman itself has the citadel and the roman theatre literally right in the middle of the city.

You can go on a day trip up to Jerash

Going to Petra you'd want to spend at least a full day there. You could do one of those touristy things where you stay with the Bedouin people. You might even meet that New Zealand nurse who married a bedouin back in the 70s and has been living at Petra ever since. Or you could hire a bike and do a bike tour which would be spectacular.

Lots of options man.

It's a lot more chill and friendly than Egypt. No hate to Egypt or anything, it's just pretty chaotic. And yeah, you're far less likely to get ripped off in a scam.
    Flem274*, Magrat Garlick and vogue like this.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Heading to Rome for 3 nights followe by Paris for 4 in June, then onto UK to catch up with my fam and my partners family. Flying out of via Sofia (two nights). UK side is all sorted for things to do, and apart from the obv (going to the Louvre is highest on the list), anything anyone can recommend? I'm quite into flea markets, aside from the culture stuff.

Incidentally, does anyone want a discounted hotel in Paris sometime between 19th Feb and 30 days from that point? Grade A moron here was booking stuff late at night whilst tired and now have an unrefundable room for 4 nights, the best of which I can do is change the date 30 days from the original stay if anyones going soon
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

im definitely going to jordan. awesome photos.
    hendrix likes this.

International Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    If you like Indian food mumbaiwala does an expensive take on street food which I guess real Indians would be confused by but it is pretty tasty.

The transport museum is in a weird little spot out of the way but it's quite cute.

Portershed is stealthily 100% vegan and freaking delicious.

Infinite/definite is one of the better street wear/fashion stores I'm the country.

THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD IS THAT OMEGA PLUMS WILL BE IN SEASON AT THAT TIME OH MY ****ING GOD THEY'RE DELCIOUS GO TO THE FUNKY PUMPKIN VEGGIE STORE IN SYDENHAM AND FEAST
    Thanks for that. Any bar/pub recommendations?

International Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    If you like Indian food mumbaiwala does an expensive take on street food which I guess real Indians would be confused by but it is pretty tasty.

The transport museum is in a weird little spot out of the way but it's quite cute.

Portershed is stealthily 100% vegan and freaking delicious.

Infinite/definite is one of the better street wear/fashion stores I'm the country.

THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD IS THAT OMEGA PLUMS WILL BE IN SEASON AT THAT TIME OH MY ****ING GOD THEY'RE DELCIOUS GO TO THE FUNKY PUMPKIN VEGGIE STORE IN SYDENHAM AND FEAST

Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    I'm not really that into bars or pubs to be quite honest. I would say do everything you can to avoid The Strip which is a block of clubs on St Asaph's st. Unless annoying drunk 18 year olds is your thing.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Watching Karl Pilkington in Egypt has put me off the joint. I know the show is not a fair representation but plastic bags and dirty nappies flying around with the pyramids in the background is not how I want to view ancient history. The chaos, crowd and scammers remind me of morocco.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Watching Karl Pilkington in Egypt has put me off the joint. I know the show is not a fair representation but plastic bags and dirty nappies flying around with the pyramids in the background is not how I want to view ancient history. The chaos, crowd and scammers remind me of morocco.
    yeah it's a bit dire. of course I don't want to discourage people from going because god knows their economy needs it but yeah...gotta be honest.

it also is a country of 100 million people so inevitably it's a bit harder to keep in check than jordan. And also it's a bit of class warfare really because you have all these wealthy people building pristine suburbs outside of the main centres and then the vast majority are just actually trying to get by - so "clean up" attempts are riddled with conflict because you can't just kick people off land. Stil you'd hope they'd come up with some ways to better present these sites of national interest.

I'd guess that's a conversation that's happened in various places in India, too.

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Jordan is really good. Dead Sea is worth a visit as well.
    vogue likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    The pyramids are literally on the edge of the city. They're always photographed so they look like they're in the middle of the desert.
    Daemon likes this.

Thread Information