cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 116 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1847
Like Tree437Likes

Thread: Travel thread

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Not sure tbh. I went the first time I went to Japan a few years back. Didn't look into it when I went this year.

Man I miss being there.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Shri's Avatar
    Traveling alone is so great. You can do what you want and stick to your own schedule. Hit brissy and gold coast yesterday. Going to byron bay tomorrow.
    vcs and vogue like this.
    I am proud of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Ashwin is like one of those paintings whose eye always follows you around the room. He'd be hell in a court room. The judge and the witness would always think he's lookong at both of them at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    You are basically saying he would have made an amazing lawyer. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    No im saying he's partly cross-eyed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    So I'm contemplating putting together a trip to SA with Mrs Burgey. Haven't been in a while (24 years) so I'd like a hand from some Jaapie mates please.

Unfortunately, traveling from Australia means flights all go via Johannesburg, which is awful but I don't plan on staying there.

I was thinking of doing three-four nights in Cape Town, then two nights in the wineries before hiring a car and driving the Garden Route to PE. I want to do that over a four night stretch, with stops in places like Hermanus, Oustshoorn, Plettenberg Bay and the last night in PE. Open to suggestions on alternative places to stay along the Garden Route.

Question then is whether to stay a couple of nights in PE or just hop flights directly up to Sabi Sands for a safari? Thoughts on PE please? I went there but only stayed a night when I was there previously. It seemed a decent joint, but tbh it's not like we don't have a heap of coastal cities here. Cape Town is slightly different because of the mountain and the proximity to the wineries. So, if anyone thinks there are things in PE to keep us there a couple of days, please hit me up.

After the safari, would probably like to have some down time up in the Transvaal to see places like Blyde River Canyon which I didn't get to last time. Any suggestions as to places to stay would be appreciated. Lastly, I was thinking of Victoria Falls then a couple of nights in Sun City to completely rest up before flying home.

I realize it's a big joint, and the temptation to head to Durban or up along the west coast is huge, but I think I'd rather got to several places than try to cram too much in. Anyway, I'd be grateful for accommodation ideas and/ or alternatives to the places I've
    Magrat Garlick and Flem274* like this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Knysna is a pretty great option along the garden route, imo. But you may want to choose between it and Plettenberg because they're pretty close to each other.

Yeah Knysna is beautiful. Went through there last time I was over, but didn't stay. Went on a trip out to that nature reserve on the headland. Stayed at Plettenburg last time which was beautiful.

It's a little bit awkward, because Mrs Burgey is well keen on Cape Town - it's a real bucket list for her. And I love SA in general. But I don't want to just replicate the trip I did before when I was with the first Mrs Burgey. It's a little bit weird going back to places you've been to previously with someone else. From both perspectives.

Like, I have no drama doing the same cities/ countries, but it would be weird if, for example, Mrs Burgey said she wanted to go back to the Maldives and stay at the same place she went to with someone else. Or if I did the same thing with this trip to SA or a trip to South America.

Got no worries doing a different game reserve this time, there's a zillion of them around and for the most part they're all excellent.

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    I did Lalibela and it was pretty much my most favourite experience ever (apart from the one time I hit a 50 in div 3 i guess)

Got no other proper game reserves to compare it against though.

Oh and while you're at PE you could drive through Addo Elephant Park in your rented vehicle. Doesn't take very long and it's pretty nice.

Also shark diving to see the great whites is brilliant if you're up for that sort of thing.

ooh and we stayed at this mini reserve called Kragga Kamma. Woke up to giraffes literally at our doorstep. Mad.

God I loved SA. Beautiful place.
    Last edited by Daemon; 16-01-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Yeah itís an amazing place thatís for sure.

Hadnít thought about shark diving. That would be awesome.

Having done a few few safaris in Africa, you can't go past Kenya mate. The best location on the continent for safaris "by far" in my opinion.

Yeah it looks amazing. Just a bit worried about it being dodgy atm after what happened in Nairobi this week. Having said that, canít say Iíve been keeping across the state of things there, so canít say if itís generally an issue or whether it was very much the sort of one off you could cop anywhere

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    my cousins went to Kilimanjaro on a safari. They came back fine except that the female cousin ended up pregnant and became a full-time mother instead of a full-time student
    Flem274* likes this.
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

Thatís a bit awkward. Was it the anti-malaria drugs? They apparently effect the pill

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    i didn't know and didn't ask, she seemed happy enough to have a baby so it wasn't my business

Fair enough too.

So, surprising as it may seem, I turn 40 in May. Aside from a very decent piss-up a couple of days after my birthday, I'm also weighing up a trip somewhere to be really indulgent. Can't really be arsed going anywhere too obscure. Possibly down to:
    - Hong Kong (I have designs on attending a race meeting at Sha Tin - and maybe a mid week one at Happy Valley)
    - Pacific Islands
    - UK.

Advice? I prefer a destination where I can be lazy AF and learn very little of the local language.

Pacific islands obviously the lazier choice of any of those youíve listed. Closest too. Canít recommend Fiji enough. Particularly if you go to somewhere like LikuLiku or Namale which are all inclusive, and youíre traveling as a couple.

Cook Islands are awesome too tbh. A lot closer to NZ than they are to Australia as well. Particularly loved Aitutaki, which is stunning. But Rarotonga is really chilled as well, and a **** load of fun.

UK is obviously really intersting but has a **** climate and a lot of Poms, and Hong Kong is awful because zorax lives there.

Thread Information