Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 113 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1975
Like Tree497Likes

Thread: Travel thread

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Hmm so I'm thinking of spending the 27th to the 10th in Rome (with a bullet train day trip or overnighter to Venice for a look) then on the 11th getting down the Amalfi Coast via Naples/Pompeii since everyone raves about the Amalfi Coast on here and in real life. I could spend a few days there then meander back to Rome for the flight home on the 19th.

surely like here they have 500 dollar shitbangers in Italy as well that I could buy for the trip then flog off? Probably cheaper than risking binning some rental car into a Naples sewer (everyone also agrees Naples is a dump).

the bullet trains look easy to use but i have no idea whether the view would be good during travel.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    Hmm so I'm thinking of spending the 27th to the 10th in Rome (with a bullet train day trip or overnighter to Venice for a look) then on the 11th getting down the Amalfi Coast via Naples/Pompeii since everyone raves about the Amalfi Coast on here and in real life. I could spend a few days there then meander back to Rome for the flight home on the 19th.

surely like here they have 500 dollar shitbangers in Italy as well that I could buy for the trip then flog off? Probably cheaper than risking binning some rental car into a Naples sewer (everyone also agrees Naples is a dump).

the bullet trains look easy to use but i have no idea whether the view would be good during travel.
    Pfft.. just a poor man's Chennai.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar

Trip sounds wonderful. I would probably do Florence over Venice but the whole country is ****ing amazing. Have you been before?

first time to italy. first time in europe and first time travelling solo too. haven't left nz since my late teens.

im also being a snob and looking at very basic hotels instead of sleeping in hostel rooms with ten other people. yuck.

Good for you.

I'd recommend pre-booking a guided Vatican tour, if you can get one after hours, even better. It's jaw-dropping - the mustest of must sees, but the queues are interminable. If you like your art history, would also recommend the Palazzo Doria Pamphilj which is on Via Del Corso not far from La Fontana di Trevi. It's a privately owned palace and art museum. About 15 Euros to get in, but well worth it. The audio tour is conducted by Prince Jonathon, whose family own the joint. He and his sister still live in different wings of the place - they don't talk. Villa Borghese is also a must do, and grab a gelato from one of the barrows in the gardens. Colosseum is amazing of course, though I admit after going to Greece I went and looked at other things rather than the Forum. Sometimes they sell opera tix out the front of the Pantheon too, so you can get a cheap ticket to watch someone belt out an aria at a venue older than time.

Man, Italy is just the best place. I think there's more UNESCO World Heritage sites there than the rest of the world combined. The history blows your mind, it's visually beautiful and frankly, the women dress like they're on the catwalk to go out and buy groceries. It's no Chennai, but it's ok.
    Flem274* likes this.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

ďThe modern conservative is engaged in one of manís oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

first time to italy. first time in europe and first time travelling solo too. haven't left nz since my late teens.

im also being a snob and looking at very basic hotels instead of sleeping in hostel rooms with ten other people. yuck.
    Good idea. This way you avoid a) the weird reverse snobbery or backpacking culture and b) hanging out with other tourists the whole time
    Flem274* and _Ed_ like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    "You don't look like me in this world without being firm on what you want to do."

- Hashim Amla.
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    He bowls with a lot of heart, his heart makes the ball bounce more

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend zorax's Avatar

oh geez, first time in Europe and first time travelling alone. Sounds like a real adventure. Stay alert - it's easy to forget stuff and misplace things when travelling on your own, and I hear petty crime is common in that part of the world. I don't think language would be a huge barrier, but wouldn't hurt to carry important addresses and phrases written down in Italian on a piece of paper so you can point it out to people when you need help. Or just invest a bit in a local sim card with a data plan so you can use google maps and translate.
    Flem274* and vcs like this.
    Check out The Cricket Web Podcast!

The Cricket Web Podcast #33 - I Just Wanna Talk About Vernon Philander

iTunes
    SoundCloud

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    If only Kane Richardson had played some HK domestic cricket before his ODI debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Kennedy View Post
    The Hong Kong Blitz is better than the IPL.

**** Iíd hate to travel with you. Youíre like and old mole.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    **** I’d hate to travel with you. You’re like and old mole.
    *an

cheers for the advice guys.

ive found a basic but tidy hotel that sometimes gets grumpy reviews because the owners don't speak a word of english but will insist on feeding you breakfast. honestly im tempted af to book there if it's the best price and as well kept as the reviews admit. the owners sound like a fun time.
    harsh.ag, zorax and vcs like this.

ive found a basic but tidy hotel that sometimes gets grumpy reviews because the owners don't speak a word of english but will insist on feeding you breakfast. honestly im tempted af to book there if it's the best price and as well kept as the reviews admit. the owners sound like a fun time.
    I dunno what airbnb in italy is like but it may be worth checking out too. Kinda nice option if you don't like hotels but also don't want to stay in backpackers.
    Flem274* likes this.

Heh. Would legit book that too.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Itís Italy, not Chennai. The people are friendly and the water drinkable. Most everyone speaks English and itís first world, not a slum. And it has history, culture and wine. Enjoy.
    Shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    It’s Italy, not Chennai. The people are friendly and the water drinkable. Most everyone speaks English and it’s first world, not a slum. And it has history, culture and wine. Enjoy.
    Actually, over 50% of Chennai can speak English whereas the figure for Italy is closer to 30%
    Shri and nightprowler10 like this.

yeah but no one goes to italy instead of chennai for the english

i'll learn some italian and be terrible at it so it'll be fine. can't wait.

Thread Information