Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000 posts!!

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar

1000 posts!!

Not one for self-promotion but I am proud of my achievement to reach 1000 posts. IIRC, I think it has just taken me a little over half a year to reach this mark.

Now I am in the 1000 club, I want to thank everyone on this site for the good discussions and on the whole the majurity of the discussions. Hopefully I can achieve 10000 posts in the future.

How long did it take you to achieve 1000 posts? I guess Richard did it in about a week, how about some others?
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

"Neither of them will have an international cricket acareer past 2016."
    Brocky on Martin Guptill and Ish Sodhi. 20/11/2014.

Well done
    Well the Irish did it on St Patrick's day

Rip Fardin Qayyumi, Bob Woolmer and Craig.
    No offence Neil
    "No good thing ever dies." Andy Dufresne. The Shawshank Redemption.
    "Don't interupt the emeny when they're making a mistake" Napoleon

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    Not one for self-promotion but I am proud of my achievement to reach 1000 posts. IIRC, I think it has just taken me a little over half a year to reach this mark.

Now I am in the 1000 club, I want to thank everyone on this site for the good discussions and on the whole the majurity of the discussions. Hopefully I can achieve 10000 posts in the future.

How long did it take you to achieve 1000 posts? I guess Richard did it in about a week, how about some others?
    Pfft mediocre, I'm almost on 3000.

Nah just kidding, well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!

Richard uses 'Autofirstchancepostbot', a software development of his own invention. Basically, it continually scans all new submissions from CW members, picks up key words and phrases, performs a Cricinfo look-up then substitutes a few stock phrases of its own and posts a reply back onto CricketWeb in seventeen nano-seconds.

For instance, if you make any reference to a fast bowler, the bot will respond including the key words 'fast', 'rubbish' and 'Harmison'.

On a slow day, it might take Richard a couple of hours to get to 1000 posts, but when things hot up....

Don't be misled by his 68,000 or whatever his post count might say at the moment.

He's been around the clock - twice.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Nah, things were quieter when I first joined (though still very vibrant, the difference between now and October 2003 is way smaller than that between October 2003 and October 2001). Took me nearly 7 weeks to get the 1,000.

Tom Hussey AKA Captain Cricket is easily the fastest to date, got to 1,000 in less than a week. Seems to have disappeared in the last couple of weeks, however, which is a little odd.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie View Post
    Richard uses 'Autofirstchancepostbot', a software development of his own invention. Basically, it continually scans all new submissions from CW members, picks up key words and phrases, performs a Cricinfo look-up then substitutes a few stock phrases of its own and posts a reply back onto CricketWeb in seventeen nano-seconds.

For instance, if you make any reference to a fast bowler, the bot will respond including the key words 'fast', 'rubbish' and 'Harmison'.

On a slow day, it might take Richard a couple of hours to get to 1000 posts, but when things hot up....

Don't be misled by his 68,000 or whatever his post count might say at the moment.

He's been around the clock - twice.
    I'm certain you've failed to take account of my 5 absences, of 3 months, 3 months, 1 month, 5 months and 8 months. Mind, I do recall you thinking the first 3 months amalgamated into the 2nd 3 and that I was absent for most of 2004.

In any case, you're wildly mistaken - my record for a day is a mere 441, and even that I'd never have realised but for my friend Sudeep. My record for a week a mere 1,400-something.

Congrats!
    February 10th 2009 <3
    Rest In Peace Fardin
    Rest In Peace Sazza

Oh yeah... BTW DoG, we do have a milestones thread which, these days, is usually used for these sortsa things.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Congrats guy.

Just noticed I passed 16k too. W00t
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Congrats guy.

Just noticed I passed 16k too. W00t
    When you gonna get shot of that crap avatar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    No idea. Two weeks after I first got it. CBF looking now.

Edit: Okay, that's a lie. I got it on the 30th of January, so I will change it in the morning.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    You secretly like it, don't you?

Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    No idea. Two weeks after I first got it. CBF looking now.

Edit: Okay, that's a lie. I got it on the 30th of January, so I will change it in the morning.
    It's Ramesh Powar running in to bowl, right?

Or Jessie Wider-Ryder?

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Congrats.
    I started off at Afridi-like speed, got 1000 in 21 days - since then its been pretty slow going.

congrats buddy
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information