Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brisbane: Where to go and potential meet up (26th - 31st March)

Hall of Fame Member HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Brisbane: Where to go and potential meet up (26th - 31st March)

As I may have mentioned previously, I am going on a cricket tour to Brisbane where I'll be playing at least 3 games of 20:20 against teams from Queensland, Victoria and NSW.

However, as such things go, its bound to be a significant piss trip.

We're staying somewhere called Kangaroo Point, and the teams from Victoria and NSW will be in the same accommodation block (just to make things even more messy)

Anyway, can anyone give me any suggestions of 'must see' or 'must do' things in Brisbane, what pubs would be best, where to get the cheapest beer etc. etc.

Also, if anyone is around in Brissie between 26th and 31st March then drop me a line and we can meet up somewhere.
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.
    ~~~~Categorically not Heath Davis~~~~

Go visit the Royal Exchange Hotel at Toowong. Plenty of places around where you'll be staying though. CW Brisbane meet-up in March?
    Stedders' Supported XI
    Tamim Iqbal, JA Burns, UT Khawaja, CA Lynn, Shakib Al Hasan, SE Marsh, +AT Carey, AC Agar, PJ Cummins, Mustafizur Rahman, JP Behrendorff.

RIP Fardin. RIP Craigos. RIP Prince.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    As I may have mentioned previously, I am going on a cricket tour to Brisbane where I'll be playing at least 3 games of 20:20 against teams from Queensland, Victoria and NSW.

However, as such things go, its bound to be a significant piss trip.

We're staying somewhere called Kangaroo Point, and the teams from Victoria and NSW will be in the same accommodation block (just to make things even more messy)

Anyway, can anyone give me any suggestions of 'must see' or 'must do' things in Brisbane, what pubs would be best, where to get the cheapest beer etc. etc.

Also, if anyone is around in Brissie between 26th and 31st March then drop me a line and we can meet up somewhere.
    The Normanby's not bad either. (For pubs that is)
    R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

"There's more chance of SoC making a good post than Smith averaging 99.95." - Furball

"**** you're such a **** poster." - Furball

International Vice-Captain pinchy81's Avatar
    Dude maybe you could see my mum she works at Kangaroo point and i might possibly be avalable for a meetup depends where it is tbh

Also not much to see in Brissie tbh best bet is to go to the Gold Coast imo
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Pinchy81- McPinch iz a gun4lyf.
    "Straight-Edge means I'm better than you!"

Pretty sure he can't choose where his team tours. Plus there is plenty to see in Brisbane.

That whole Paddington/Milton area is well worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    Pretty sure he can't choose where his team tours. Plus there is plenty to see in Brisbane.

That whole Paddington/Milton area is well worth a look.
    dont think i've being round there lately tbh

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by pinchy81 View Post
    Dude maybe you could see my mum she works at Kangaroo point and i might possibly be avalable for a meetup depends where it is tbh

Also not much to see in Brissie tbh best bet is to go to the Gold Coast imo

Also, how come the England/SA meetups are in CC and the Aus one is in OT? Get some continuity
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Cause we're awesome

Because the potential meet up was just an afterthought. That's not the real matter at hand.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    You have to go to Union Jacks on Charlotte Street on Friday nights. $2 Caronas. O'Malley's in the Queen Street Mall has great meals and reasonable priced and have $5 pints of imported beer on a Friday Night. If you're staying a Kangaroo Point you might want to check out the Story Bridge Hotel, but it's a bit of an AFL bar, so it's not that great, but should be in walking distance.

As far as things to see, there's not that much. We have a fairly decent art gallery which is showing Andy Warhol right now, if that's your cup of tea. The ScienceCentre is excellent and well worth the price of admission. If you're willing to go a bit further out Mt Cootha has excellent views of the city and city surrounds and good to go there a twilight, because we aren't known as the River City for nothing. The lights of the buildings and Southbank at night are excellent.

You should definitely try to get to Fortitude Valley for a night out, it's a great place.

Other than that, you really need to go to the Gold Coast for the beaches or theme parks.

That's the weekend before my wedding so could maybe organise an invite to the bucks party, if I'm in a good mood...
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    Go visit the Royal Exchange Hotel at Toowong. Plenty of places around where you'll be staying though. CW Brisbane meet-up in March?
    I'm in.

Gold Coast FTW.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    Yeah I thought the Andy Warhol Museum was very good.

Since your staying at Kangaroo Point, I reckon you should go to the Pineapple Hotel mainly for the big 600 or 700 gram T Bone Steak!

Also at Kangaroo Point - some rock climbing at the cliffs could be of interest to you.

Like others have said Exchange, Normanby, Paddo are all good for sunday sessions.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Gold Coast FTW.
    Looked awful to me.. I now see that you live there.. Would love to go to Brisbane, loved Sydney and Canberra, but the Gold Coast seems really artifical and damn ugly.. Like Paris Hilton in concrete..

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Looked awful to me.. I now see that you live there.. Would love to go to Brisbane, loved Sydney and Canberra, but the Gold Coast seems really artifical and damn ugly.. Like Paris Hilton in concrete..
    What? Yes it's busy. But, it has beautiful beaches, and the Gold Coast isn't just the beaches and high rises if you go a bit out from the main areas there is some wonderful rainforests and other areas to look at. If your thing is beaches stay away from Surfers Paradise and go further south towards the border and check out Currumbin and Tugun, two wonderful areas of the Gold Coast.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information