Page 56 of 338 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Have decided I will stay up as late as is required to get the telly and watch Lost tonight, too much at stake to sit this one out IMO
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

So what did you all think of Lost's season premiere then?

***SPOILERS*** I thought it was great. They picked up right where they left last season. Time traveling story lines usually hurt a series (ex: Heroes), but so far I'm ok with its usuage in Lost. The "rules" that Faraday established in regards to time traveling will prevent Lost from changing established storylines, keep any "deaths" meaningfull, and provide a good explanation for a lot of the Island's mysteries.

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    *SPOLIER*

Leo's death in the final season of The West Wing is incredibly sad, especially knowing that it had to be written in because John Spencer died.
    Yeah, one of the saddest episodes. Back when I was watching the season, as it was being aired, I knew they had to write in a story line that Leo will die as John Spencer had just passed away before shooting the last episodes. So I knew it was coming but it still hit me hard. By the way, how fortunate for the writers to not show Leo in the opeining scene of the season (the future scene where Bartlett's Presidential library is opening).

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    24 also started again, haven't watched the telemovie yet but it looks good.
    Seems better than the last season so far, hope it doesn't get boring like last season midway through.
    RIP Craigos

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Yeah, one of the saddest episodes. Back when I was watching the season, as it was being aired, I knew they had to write in a story line that Leo will die as John Spencer had just passed away before shooting the last episodes. So I knew it was coming but it still hit me hard. By the way, how fortunate for the writers to not show Leo in the opeining scene of the season (the future scene where Bartlett's Presidential library is opening).
    Yeah they probably couldn't have him in that scene because otherwise Bartlett would have to call him Mr Vice President or not, giving away the ending.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Really liked the first two Lost's, although Hugo is as annoying as ever for mine. Needs more Sawyer hilarity and Said brutality going forwards.

I thought Lost took a turn for the weird. I guess it was always going to be like that... there can't be a logical explanation for what's happening. I'm one of those people who likes to integrate everything.. I must've paused like 10 times per episode to stop and digest what was going on and do a mini-recap in my head haha.

Oh well, I will trust the writers know what they're doing.

I'm happy to see Desmond isn't gone from the show as he's probably my favorite character. I thought they might leave him out considering his story arc sort of ended at the end of last season after he found Penny.

2nd season of Flight of the Conchords is back!!!!

The 1st eppy was a bit meh, but the 2nd was back to 1st season brilliance, loved the new songs too.

Lost lost me (ba-ba-bom-ching!) after about five eps of Season 3. Can't really be bothered trying to get back into it either - whole thing was taking on a mid-to-late X-Files feeling for mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Watching The Shield, not really getting into it.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Watching The Shield, not really getting into it.
    I thought it really picked up after the first season. Have watched all except the last season.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Watched Lost last night, it was awesome

Also, it was my first experience of watching it via Sky + and I took great pleasure in skipping the ads, always annoys me how they have ads after like 2 minutes and then ads 5 mintues before the end

International Vice-Captain
    Yeah, Sky+ is awesome. Almost never watch anything when it's actually on anymore, for no real reason most of the time.

Anyone seen anything of that Generation Kill? Will watch it, but would be interested to hear some other views first.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baconator View Post
    Yeah, Sky+ is awesome. Almost never watch anything when it's actually on anymore, for no real reason most of the time.

Anyone seen anything of that Generation Kill? Will watch it, but would be interested to hear some other views first.
    Heard some very good things regarding Generation Kill. Got a torrent going on right now for it. Anything created by David Simon (creator of The Wire) is worth a punt IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    2nd season of Flight of the Conchords is back!!!!

The 1st eppy was a bit meh, but the 2nd was back to 1st season brilliance, loved the new songs too.
    and the 3rd episode, even better. Loving it.

Thread Information