Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 544 of 548 FirstFirst ... 44444494534542543544545546 ... LastLast
Results 8,146 to 8,160 of 8215
Like Tree1284Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Watching Mindhunter, came across the serial killer Golden State Killer. The sick **** was so prolific that what the police thought to be were 3 different serial killers in 3 different places was just this dude; they found it out when the DNA matched everywhere. How one man has so much time to commit so much crime, have a family, kids, AND hold down a job as a police officer is beyond me.

Has had me double checking all the locks in my home before going to sleep now.

Watched the Jade Goody documentary series earlier. Its very good although obviously as it covers her professional career to her passing its pretty grim viewing most of the time.

I barely remember Big Brother, but ****ing hell it was the pits wasn't it? The baying mobs on Friday night and the powerful tabloids writing the most vile stuff about these people especially Jade who they knew represented what a lot of Britain loath. Uneducated, rough and a symbol of the chav culture which was huge in the early noughties.

The coverage though of Jade was ****ing grim. A Mirror tosspot who was a talking head joking about writing cruel stuff about her appearance then making himself out to be a decent bloke when he toned it down once the viewers began to like her. Unsurprisingly his boss was Piers Morgan.

Then the Shilpa incident. ****.

Channel 4 trying to downplay it somewhat despite it been blatant racism and then also bragging about been a liberal network was absurd. However what was interesting about the racism, Danielle was the least affected long term despite arguably her saying "she should **** off home" probably been worse than anything Jade said.

Not a defense of Jade,,she was a racist on the show as the other two girls, but out of the three its debatable that she was the worst offender. Then I suppose due her been so gobby and most working class of the three an element of classism involved meant she got the most heat.

Insane that none of the three were not binned though on numerous occasions for what was obvious racism.

The reaction back then also was crazy. Gordon Brown been asked about it and a minor international incident with India.

Also Indian Big Brother filming Jade getting news she had cancer,classy stuff.

Its a really good documentary series although maybe could have probed a little more on how the UK went a little to candle in the wind for her in her last few months.

International Coach
    Monty Python Blu-ray available to pre-order. 100. Bargain.

Monty Python Blu-ray

anyone watching "unbelievable" on netflix? based on true events, it's pretty good...

Just finished the third season of Legion. Thought it was a significant return to form after the frustratingly abstract and self-indulgent season 2. Did a much better job of maintaining narrative clarity and consistent and understandable characters, whilst keeping the beautiful surreal imagery and quirky mindfreakery that has been the show's halmark. Harry Lloyd did a fantastic job playing Professor X, and I also liked the stronger emphasis on horror that was used to such great effect in the first season. There are quite a few plotholes I could quibble with, but overall I thought it was a really satisfying conclusion to the series.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 22-09-2019 at 01:40 AM.
    Niall likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Saw Haunting of the Hill House and Dark on Netflix recently. Both very good shows.

Also saw one season of Stranger Things. Found it insipid.
    RIP Phil Hughes. Forever 63*

vcs
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend vcs's Avatar
    The Family Man on Amazon Prime is OK. Manoj Bajpayee is good as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Chix love a man with a checkered posting history.

Watched the first episode of City on the Hill the other day. Pretty good, will definitely continue with it

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

First episode of Peaky Blinders for me yesterday because of the hype and a box set was lying around. Seemed quite good but CBA with the singing.
    And come what may we're unstoppable
    'cause we know just what we are
    Yeah we know just what we are
    - Oasis, "Stay Young"

State Captain
    Watched first 3 episodes of Criminal UK on Netflix. One of the better written shows I've seen in a while. Wasn't a fan of cop investigation shows previously but I really like this one. Probably because doesn't have any investigation scenes but just interrogations played out like courtroom drama.
    _Ed_ likes this.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Finished season one of Succession. Very strange show, kind of like a dark and gritty Arrested Development reboot. It's not in any way a comedy, but also it's ****ing hilarious.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveClub View Post
    Watched first 3 episodes of Criminal UK on Netflix. One of the better written shows I've seen in a while. Wasn't a fan of cop investigation shows previously but I really like this one. Probably because doesn't have any investigation scenes but just interrogations played out like courtroom drama.
    Watched the first two of these over the last couple of nights. Really engrossing TV.

I know the cops are the main characters, but IMO Tennant and Atwell were the standouts in their episodes.

Finally watched carnivale,,where to begin?

I can understand why ratings were poor back in the day and HBO ending it early is understandable for financial reasons, but dammit it was a great show and went into beast mode at the end of season 2.

I suspect like others it was ten years to early and it did come out an elite TV era.

And also absolute gun opening credits.

Last edited by Niall; 02-10-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    Teja. likes this.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Yeah that's a TV show I wish we got closure on. It could be a little *too* slow moving at times though.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Hexxagon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Finished season one of Succession. Very strange show, kind of like a dark and gritty Arrested Development reboot. It's not in any way a comedy, but also it's ****ing hilarious.
    Season 2 is taking it up a gear IMO. There's a scene in the latest episode as cringe-inducing as anything I can remember seeing on TV, and it's glorious.

Thread Information