cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 535 of 536 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536 LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,025 of 8029
Like Tree1228Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    I hated the first episode of season 4 so haven’t bothered since, other than bandersnatch
    Was that the Star Trek one? If so, that was probably one of the weaker episodes of the season, with Metalhead being the weakest. The rest were top notch IMO, especially Crocodile.
    Prince EWS likes this.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Was that the Star Trek one? If so, that was probably one of the weaker episodes of the season, with Metalhead being the weakest. The rest were top notch IMO, especially Crocodile.
    Yeah, tbh I did hate it but so did the missus, she wasn’t keen to crack on and I never pushed it

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NZTailender's Avatar
    Clearly my taste in BM are diffeent to everyone else. I like the Star Trek one and really enjoyed Metalhead.
    OverratedSanity likes this.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Clearly my taste in BM are diffeent to everyone else. I like the Star Trek one and really enjoyed Metalhead.
    yeah my favourite episodes of Black Mirror in the past couple of seasons were USS Callister and Shut up and Dance.
    Howe_zat likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    yeah my favourite episodes of Black Mirror in the past couple of seasons were USS Callister and Shut up and Dance.
    Hang the DJ was best of season 4, while Shut up and Dance was the best of season 3.

If I can bf later I might list the episodes from best to worst.

Shut up and Dance was ridiculously good, so was Hang the DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Well I enjoyed both, I just didn't think they were as strong as the rest.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Have only watched a few episodes of Black Mirror, mostly from several seasons ago.

One of those things that strikes me as objectively being quite good, but I didn't care for it personally. Just found it stressed me out and made me feel exhausted.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Have only watched a few episodes of Black Mirror, mostly from several seasons ago.

One of those things that strikes me as objectively being quite good, but I didn't care for it personally. Just found it stressed me out and made me feel exhausted.
    You should try the ones with less bleak storylines. San Junipero is one, Hang the DJ is another.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Haha alright, I will try and give them a spin at some point.

I think what put me off is that the ones I saw just seemed to be tales of unrelenting misery. Which I don't actually mind generally speaking tbh, but there was something about the ones I saw that just got to me I guess.

When you really think about it, a lot of the Black Mirror stories are stories as old as time, just with futuristic technology.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha alright, I will try and give them a spin at some point.

I think what put me off is that the ones I saw just seemed to be tales of unrelenting misery. Which I don't actually mind generally speaking tbh, but there was something about the ones I saw that just got to me I guess.
    After people raved about the series, the first episode I watched was the first one...where the Prime Minister ****s a pig. Couldn't believe people gave it rave reviews.

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    I'd actually always thought Black Mirror was a true anthology series. With different directors and writers for basically ever episode. Turns out that while thats true of the director, it's the same writer pretty much across the board.

Having a consistent writer for a show is pretty rare for TV in general so pretty surprised to see it here where it isn't required at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    420 BLAZE IT
    [Zorax on Burgey]
    Quote Originally Posted by zorax View Post
    Wish I could articulate myself all over your face tbh
    And they say romance is dead.

Hexxagon Champion!
    Only seen the first two episodes of this latest season but they both really worked for me. They're both relatively understated for Black Mirror episodes. I think the change of pace is quite refreshing, sort of gently pushing at a concept in both cases and coming out with a really sympathetic view of its characters, rather than the cynicism you're used to with this show.

Definitely doesn't hit the highs of the best episodes of any previous season, but I've appreciated it nonetheless. Though I hear three is a bit of a disas.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    We've been making our way through Alfred Hitchcock Presents. It's a bit up-and-down, but there are some absolute gems.

Finally watched Deadwood movie. Work and poor reviews from a friend kept me putting it off....I was happy with it, obviously when watching I kept thinking " we needed a six ep mini season instead" but alas not to be.

SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So the good...........Hearst is still the ultimate tv villain ,,capitalism on steroids personified, the bitterness despite having everything and that smirk what a character. He along with Trixie,Jane, Bullock carried this.
    Criticism,..not enough Al and Molly Parker really had little to work with. Also the death of Charlie did not have the same impact as Elsworth, that was due to simply not having the time to really flesh it out.

The last scene or two were lovely with Al and Jewel.

Overall 7/10 I think.
    MW1304 likes this.

Thread Information