Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 533 of 543 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 8136
Like Tree1258Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    It's not even Season 5 (especially) and 6 that you're missing out on. It's 3 and 4, which are god-tier TV. The second half of S3 is just unbelievably good.
    I watched The Americans mainly in work years ago so somewhat distracted so while I enjoyed it, I never really grasped how good it was as distractions etc.

I have re watched the first 4 seasons though over last few weeks as GOT was depressing me and damn 3 and 4 are incredible. The Martha and Nina stuff especially really gripping. Now about to finally watch season 5, everyone says its filler but its worth it for season six.

On Chernobyl,,,,going to binge it all once done, meant to be immense also.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Now that GoT is done, I'm trying to finish Barry. I really liked season 1 and am interested in season 2. Soon as I finish that I'll probably start Chernobyl as well. Trying to get these shows out of the way before I cancel HBO.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Now that GoT is done, I'm trying to finish Barry. I really liked season 1 and am interested in season 2. Soon as I finish that I'll probably start Chernobyl as well. Trying to get these shows out of the way before I cancel HBO.
    Is Chernobyl good?
    Don't go chasing waterfalls

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Chernobyl is going to be one of those series where you'll have a melancholy when it ends, because at the moment it's telling a historical story - you know most of what has happened - and telling it very very well with compelling dialogue and incredible acting, not to mention amazing sets and visuals. But once it's done, it's done.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    **** man, I remember Chernobyl like it was yesterday. So ****ing scary.

Do any of you bloke in Australia watch Anh’s Brush With Fame? He just did a portrait of Walter Mikac which was ****ing awesome. Great episode and a quality show. Would recommend it.

Barry is quite good. Hilarious at parts and dark at others. Didn't peg Bill Hader to be this good an actor.

Daredevil season 3 really is quite something. It is exponentially better than the first 2 seasons. I'd recommend watching it even if you disliked the first 2 seasons. Charlie Cox acted the **** out of it in the finale.
    nightprowler10 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    Daredevil season 3 really is quite something. It is exponentially better than the first 2 seasons. I'd recommend watching it even if you disliked the first 2 seasons. Charlie Cox acted the **** out of it in the finale.
    Yeah I had thought about abandoning the show after s2, especially since everything non-Punisher was bland af, but s3 was a very pleasant surprise. Too bad it's cancelled now though.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Yeah I had thought about abandoning the show after s2, especially since everything non-Punisher was bland af, but s3 was a very pleasant surprise. Too bad it's cancelled now though.
    At least the show ended on a high note. I don't think they'd have been able to produce similar quality in the later seasons. S03 was probably it's peak. Tbf now that I think about it, I remember very little about the first 2 seasons mainly owing to the fact that until the final season, Daredevil as a character was very meh. S03 could be watched as a stand alone season too I guess.
    Last edited by Burner; 27-05-2019 at 06:14 AM.

all three seasons of daredevil were very good...i agree s3 was probably the best...

State 12th Man
    Just started with Chernobyl. The fact that it's basically telling you a true story really unsettles me. Especially working in the engineering field, and meeting people who really aren't equipped for certain responsibilities made the whole explosion aftermath seem even more real to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    all three seasons of daredevil were very good...i agree s3 was probably the best...
    S1 and 3 very good. S2 was only good whenever Punisher was involved, otherwise boring IMO.

Finished The Americans. It probably peaked at season 4 with the Martha/ Philio plot which was the most intriguing of all six seasons but still it was a very impressive final season, tension galore. I loved the fact that even though he meant well Philip managed to ruin the only good thing left in his life bar his son.

Definitely up their with the elite shows of this decade such as Rectify, Leftovers, Justified etc.

Always fascinates me when I see Justified high on the list. I absolutely LOVED the pilot, one of my favourite episodes of TV, but then found the first season meandering and got bored early in S2. Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Always fascinates me when I see Justified high on the list. I absolutely LOVED the pilot, one of my favourite episodes of TV, but then found the first season meandering and got bored early in S2. Did I miss something?
    Season 1 is pretty basic yeah.

I just found it incredibly enjoyable tbh. The actors all guns and pretty much every characters arc while slow burning was worth it.

Also got a fantastic final season.

Thread Information