Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 529 of 547 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530531539 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 8192
Like Tree1277Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    House of Cards had two good seasons. It was average to bad after that.
    Fair enough. Thanks.

Waiting on quite a few new seasons of what I've watched so pondering my next series.

House of Cards, Roman Empire on the list. Any others you would put forward ?

Enjoying Netflix recently as never really cared much for it. Wached : The Order, *** Education, Umbrella Academy, Bates Motel & Mindhunter in the last couple months.
    LILLEE c WILLEY b DILLEY

LAMB c KOURIE b RICE

*Spoilers*

Peaky Blinders season 4 is garbage. It's incredulous how incompetent the supposed bad guy is and let's not even talk about how any relatively relevant/ powerful women in the series can't resist the temptation to sleep with the main character. Jesus give me a ****ing break.

Hexxagon Champion!
    I find it incredible when people call it the best thing on British TV. It's a glaringly obvious one-trick-pony of a show that completely wasted both its premise and Cillian Murphy.

Season 4 is when it really went off a cliff though yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    I find it incredible when people call it the best thing on British TV. It's a glaringly obvious one-trick-pony of a show that completely wasted both its premise and Cillian Murphy.

Season 4 is when it really went off a cliff though yeah.
    If anything Cilian Murphy tries his best to redeem the show. Actually, I don't find a lot wrong in any of the actors as far as acting is concerned. Haven't watched much of British TV to compare but PB was decent television until the immensely frustrating season 4.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    The production standards in general are very good, it's just that the storylines are really shallow and basic for something that's marketed as prestige-ish.
    SeamUp likes this.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Watched a few episodes and jacked it in. Just wasn't enough to hold my interest. I find that with most TV these days tbh.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Pretty much the only thing he's been decent in. Even his brief cameo in TDKR was borderline good/cringe. Beige in Bohemian Rhapsody - neither good nor bad, which actually means bad I guess.
    Haha one of the things I legit remember most about TDKR was the appearance of that guy who plays Joey Quinn in Dexter.

One of the soldiers on the bridge iirc, who screams like crazy and really overplays his part.

Was actually thinking of rewatching Dexter the other day, but then remembered that nearly all of the supporting cast (including the "villains" some of the time) are absolutely terrible to the point the show becomes unwatchable.

A shame really. The first season is one of my all time faves, but anything post season 4 is really bad.
    NZTailender likes this.

But if we honest how hard is it to keep a series going 4 seasons in and being better than the first few ? Not many series are lucky enough to have that.

Comedy. Action. Comedy and action. Really.only have short useful lives . You watch them for what they are. I do think the production of peaky blinders is good but there is only so much you can create on the story line. Probably lacks humour. But I still think it is worth watching if you know its limitations.

These days the most interesting is fantasy series and , true-life dramas type and crime scene investigation for me like Silent Witness. First season of true detective was fantastic and the next 2 not anywhere close which was slightly disappointing.
    Last edited by SeamUp; 26-04-2019 at 07:45 AM.

rather mad Norwegian Magrat Garlick's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    If anything Cilian Murphy tries his best to redeem the show. Actually, I don't find a lot wrong in any of the actors as far as acting is concerned. Haven't watched much of British TV to compare but PB was decent television until the immensely frustrating season 4.
    having watched him in Breakfast On Pluto many years ago i find it somewhat hard to believe he can be a convincing gang leader
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud and Thunberg

I had a glimpse of Eureka
    Chewing me up, chewing me up and spitting me out

-jected, I was rejected
    I wasn't good enough to be elected
    Lava, it was like lava
    Moving through my body like fire

Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post
    But if we honest how hard is it to keep a series going 4 seasons in and being better than the first few ? Not many series are lucky enough to have that.

Comedy. Action. Comedy and action. Really.only have short useful lives . You watch them for what they are. I do think the production of peaky blinders is good but there is only so much you can create on the story line. Probably lacks humour. But I still think it is worth watching if you know its limitations.

These days the most interesting is fantasy series and , true-life dramas type and crime scene investigation for me like Silent Witness. First season of true detective was fantastic and the next 2 not anywhere close which was slightly disappointing.
    Very, which is why it should rarely be done.
    NZTailender likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    having watched him in Breakfast On Pluto many years ago i find it somewhat hard to believe he can be a convincing gang leader
    He's a different kind of gang leader if it helps. Not the traditional intimidating behemoth that you usually expect. It's the least of the series' issues imo.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    Peaked at Disco Pigs imho
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha one of the things I legit remember most about TDKR was the appearance of that guy who plays Joey Quinn in Dexter.

One of the soldiers on the bridge iirc, who screams like crazy and really overplays his part.

Was actually thinking of rewatching Dexter the other day, but then remembered that nearly all of the supporting cast (including the "villains" some of the time) are absolutely terrible to the point the show becomes unwatchable.

A shame really. The first season is one of my all time faves, but anything post season 4 is really bad.
    Haha yeah I remember that. Also Major Colvin from The Wire as one of the army guys on the bridge.

Dexter was so gun. Went downhill after Keith Carradine's character died. That guy is gun in everything he's in.
    Last edited by NZTailender; 27-04-2019 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeamUp View Post

Yeah very few shows which are 5 seasons minimum can keep it up. The Sopranos, Justified, Curb and The Americans the only ones that come to mind.

I would say The Shield and Six Feet Under, but watched them a long time ago, so unsure how they stand up to repeated viewings.

cpr
    Reckon Boardwalk Empire, at 5 seasons, managed to keep itself sharp too. Completely the right thing to end it then mind.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Thread Information