Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 528 of 547 FirstFirst ... 28428478518526527528529530538 ... LastLast
Results 7,906 to 7,920 of 8198
Like Tree1278Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Been watching Peaky Blinders recently. Not bad but it's flawed in many aspects. There's not a single decent person in the entire show for one. Also the love triangle is very underwhelming and silly.

cpr
    Yeah, I'm sorta watching it because I've got so far into it. Its been decent, but not the TV marvel that people have been making out.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Yeah, I'm sorta watching it because I've got so far into it. Its been decent, but not the TV marvel that people have been making out.
    1st season is solid enough, 2nd genuinely really good. Third meh personified, although obviously nice to see Paddy Considine. 4th season though is ****ing dismal, twists anyone could predict and a horror performance from Adrien Brody.

cpr
    I'm only halfway through season 4, but I'm enjoying Brody. Sure he's ripping off Brando big time, but it seems to fit all right to me.

Aiden Gillen playing Aiden Gillen feels massively out of place. Another addition to his 'Littlefinger in' series (this one is Littlefinger in a hat, to follow Littlefinger in flares in Bohemian Rhapsody)

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    I'm only halfway through season 4, but I'm enjoying Brody. Sure he's ripping off Brando big time, but it seems to fit all right to me.

Aiden Gillen playing Aiden Gillen feels massively out of place. Another addition to his 'Littlefinger in' series (this one is Littlefinger in a hat, to follow Littlefinger in flares in Bohemian Rhapsody)
    Gillen has always been very hit and miss, was astoundingly bad in love/hate which is amusing as I suspect he was paid the most for it.

He is great in the wire though.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I watched season one and thought it was decent enough. Good fun but also much dumber than I thought it would be based on its reputation.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Gillen has always been very hit and miss, was astoundingly bad in love/hate which is amusing as I suspect he was paid the most for it.

He is great in the wire though.
    Pretty much the only thing he's been decent in. Even his brief cameo in TDKR was borderline good/cringe. Beige in Bohemian Rhapsody - neither good nor bad, which actually means bad I guess.
    Niall likes this.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/dav...od-1203195790/

****ing hell. David Milch admits he has alzheimers, this Deadwood movie is going to be so poignant with this and obviously we have lost the great actors who played Cy and Richardson. I finished my rewatch recently, its such a great ensemble piece, many of those actors went onto bigger but none got as good roles as they had in this.

Hearst is still the finest tv villain ever, he is basically capitalism on steroids, a Murdoch/Trump type figure who has it all but will never be happy and can only get pleasure in crushing people. Tolliver a worthy second, amusingly reading up on him, Milch said if he was going to be shows biggest feminist when it all ended. :laugh

Also shame we never got more from Cox's character, a highlight of a weak sub plot for sure.

Al though.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/dav...od-1203195790/

****ing hell. David Milch admits he has alzheimers, this Deadwood movie is going to be so poignant with this and obviously we have lost the great actors who played Cy and Richardson. I finished my rewatch recently, its such a great ensemble piece, many of those actors went onto bigger but none got as good roles as they had in this.

Hearst is still the finest tv villain ever, he is basically capitalism on steroids, a Murdoch/Trump type figure who has it all but will never be happy and can only get pleasure in crushing people. Tolliver a worthy second, amusingly reading up on him, Milch said if he was going to be shows biggest feminist when it all ended. :laugh

Also shame we never got more from Cox's character, a highlight of a weak sub plot for sure.

Al though.

****, that's gutting. Poor bloke.

Totally forgot Power's Boothe had died. Didn't know about Richardson either (Ralph Richeson). Both seminal characters in their own way.
    Niall likes this.

Also seems like everyone else is back apart from the guy who played Silas. Which is a shame, because he turned out to be a gun character. One of the better character developments in the show.

This is the trailer for Mindhunter. David Fincher ( House of Cards) makes me want to watch that after Mindhunter. They say each season got better so hoping the same with Mindhunter.

Last edited by SeamUp; 24-04-2019 at 07:00 AM.
    LILLEE c WILLEY b DILLEY

LAMB c KOURIE b RICE

I think you have to accept Peaky Blinders for what it is. It has its limitations but I guess it's different because of the era and how they came about who they came up against. It has its uniqueness in that way and you go with it.

Organised Gang-war series like Gomorrah, Narcos have there on touch. Is it Sons of Anarchy or Breaking Bad they say is the Americanversion of Gomorrah ?
    Last edited by SeamUp; 24-04-2019 at 07:08 AM.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    House of Cards had two good seasons. It was average to bad after that.
    OverratedSanity and SeamUp like this.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    House of Cards had two good seasons. It was average to bad after that.

I'd say 3, all filmed in the 90s

Binge watched all 6 episodes of Back to Life last night. Loved it. Right up there with Fleabag in terms of quality British TV, imho.

Thread Information