Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 525 of 547 FirstFirst ... 25425475515523524525526527535 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,875 of 8192
Like Tree1278Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    I enjoyed Extras the first time around but it doesn't hold up to repeat viewing. Everything since then has been Gervais sticking himself up his own butt.

The only people who do cringe comedy right these days are the Always Sunny gang.
    I don't know if It's Always Sunny classifies as cringe comedy tbf. The entire cast is pretty out there so it's hard to separate something embarrassing one person does among them to really get that cringe factor.

Peep Show is very funny but the filming style is kind of off-putting. Makes me a little dizzzy.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Nathan for You is cringe comedy’s all-time peak. Sometimes it’s just too hard to watch, other times I laugh so hard I can’t breathe.

You get used to it after a while. I think its great, but I think ran to long and had to much filler. Nonetheless hugely recommended., season 2 especially is incredible.

The excitement that Mark has when he makes a friend and then his dismay to find out he is a racist.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    I think the first season of Peep Show is the best.

It has a very dingy and gloomy atmosphere, and whilst absurd it has a sense of realism to it. The latter seasons definitely lack this, especially the most recent ones, which are basically entirely absurdist. As its moved on the show has gone from humour being found in mundane and banal situations to basically adopting a "wacky event of the week" formula.

Most of the other seasons are good to decent, but the first is my personal favourite.
    Last edited by sledger; 21-03-2019 at 08:41 AM.
    Daemon likes this.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Burner View Post
    I don't know if It's Always Sunny classifies as cringe comedy tbf. The entire cast is pretty out there so it's hard to separate something embarrassing one person does among them to really get that cringe factor.

It does for me. It's one of the few shows of the type I can watch, though sometimes it takes 2 goes just to watch an episode. There's usually a point it gets too much. Probably why I'm still only on season 2 after a few years (not sure if I got past the one where they are in the mall in wheelchairs/crutches - you can't tell me that's not cringe comedy there....)
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    It does for me. It's one of the few shows of the type I can watch, though sometimes it takes 2 goes just to watch an episode. There's usually a point it gets too much. Probably why I'm still only on season 2 after a few years (not sure if I got past the one where they are in the mall in wheelchairs/crutches - you can't tell me that's not cringe comedy there....)
    Heh I guess people can find it cringy. I guess it's just different for me. Along with the reason I mentioned I also find it to be lacking a sense of seriousness to find it cringy.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Nathan for You is cringe comedy’s all-time peak. Sometimes it’s just too hard to watch, other times I laugh so hard I can’t breathe.
    Having just rewatched season 1, the episode in which he threatens the "shoplifting" lady to bring a friend to the clothing store is seriously difficult to watch. I think Nathan never breaking character on screen elevates the show a lot.

Derry Girls is so top notch funny, even though I'm surely missing at least a quarter of the jokes.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Yeah it's deffo cringe, but it differs in where other cringe comedies will just make something really cringey happen, then nothing happens to make it even more cringey, then the cringe is double downed followed by more inaction which makes it even more cringe worthy. It's a pretty simple plot device, but Always Sunny tends to do a little bit of that but for the most part there's a lot of fast paced cringe so it doesn't make it excruciating.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

PLEASE BE GOOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Having just rewatched season 1, the episode in which he threatens the "shoplifting" lady to bring a friend to the clothing store is seriously difficult to watch. I think Nathan never breaking character on screen elevates the show a lot.
    It's the one show I never tell anyone about. All time favourite.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    PLEASE BE GOOD.

oh baby

When I first saw what you posted I thought it might be a fan trailer or something

I now see that it isn't and I am very excited

Is the TV series that good?

Is the TV series that good?
    Probably my favourite non-comedy/animated show of the last ten years or so

Thread Information