Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 477 of 548 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 8215
Like Tree1284Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    and yet they still can't make a decent version of "The Stand", get it on Netflix and make it a series where you can be as graphic as you want.
    Yeah this. Such a gun book.

Read that book all night in school. Found it quite unsatisfying tbh. But good in parts.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    On the topic of King, has anyone watched the new adaption of The Mist yet? I've seen it's had average reviews but haven't actually spoken to anyone who's watched it.
    the t.v version is pretty bad...it is significantly different from the original story, started out pretty decent but has meandered a lot and gone downhill since...just my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Anil View Post
    the t.v version is pretty bad...it is significantly different from the original story, started out pretty decent but has meandered a lot and gone downhill since...just my opinion...
    Pretty much my thoughts really, pretty much like the series of Under the Dome, high concept idea that ran out of steam pretty quickly. As I say though am quite excited with the Netflix tie-up, and hope they can go back into the back catalogue with their high production values really would be nice to get away from this tacky stuff.

Look at this list an awful lot of crap in there, with flashes of genius, I always liked Sleepwalkers and Dark Half, underrated IMHO, everyone sane hates both though, but they're clearly wrong..

1922 looks good.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    Episode 8 was incredible. Most perplexing but beautiful hour of TV I've ever seen, and it actually comes around to making thematic sense by the end.

A lot more than many of the other episodes, where scenes felt like they were edited together at random and you never knew whether you'd be dropping in on a storyline that you cared about or not at any given time. There were intermittent great moments throughout but it was too frustrating to be good. Yet with Lynch you take what you can get - his snubbing of traditional narratives is both his strength and weakness.

I actually really like the ending, which I know has been controversial. The actual episode could be a bit of a drag though.
    Finished it the other night. I thought some of it was immense, obviously episode 8 and the scene where and I am been vague here not to spoil it when we get the "return" of a beloved character half way through episode 16 when the theme music kicks in is amazing. Belushi's whole clique, he, brother and bunnies were super additions also, but there was a lot of filler, and not enough focus on the actual twin peaks which for 18 eps is unforgivable. Tim Roth was painfully bad, terribly written he and his missus.

Enjoyable enough, but not as interested in season 4 as others are. Ah well.
    J_C likes this.

Hexxagon Champion!
    God yeah that was incredibly cathartic. I would almost say worth the wait but honestly I would have had the same reaction if it happened ten episodes earlier. The entire storyline with Gordon Cole, who I've never cared for, and the rest of the FBI was painful. Sometimes to the point where it felt purposefully antagonistic to the audience. So many hardcore Lynch fans seemed to be fine with that but I don't think auteurs should get so much leeway for being indulgent simply because they have such a singular vision.

This could have been incredible if it was half the length and had somebody to rein Lynch in. But honestly that could never happen at this stage of his career, and it would probably have meant no episode 8, which would have been a travesty. I'll take what we got but I don't think I'll ever watch it again. And hopefully Season 4 never happens.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Started watching Peep Show. So good.
    hendrix and Niall like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratters View Post
    Started watching Peep Show. So good.
    Lucky so and so, would love to be in your position. Not sure, if you have got that far, but season 2 is its masterpiece. Daryl.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Lucky so and so, would love to be in your position. Not sure, if you have got that far, but season 2 is its masterpiece. Daryl.
    It's a masterpiece, still think like many shows the first show was a mis-step, that went against a lot of what it was about, but I guess it was good for titillation.

Cricket, Lovely Cricket Pratters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niall View Post
    Looking forward to it. Four episodes down. The comedy in this is so different to other shows. Really smart.

Starting The Deuce today.
    vogue likes this.

You know, as a Trek fan and a complete nerd loser, the two of which don't have any relation to another at all, what a grim sight Discovery has been. An absolute assault on everything good.

It's sad that Seth McFarlane's show is closer to the right formula, and even then it's just meh.
    OverratedSanity and Bahnz like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitycreeper View Post
    been speakin to this lass for a while finally got her round muy house. whakcd on netflix and told her to pick a film. big mistake cos she picked ****in footlose. 2 hours of torture and she dint even blow me. shambles. safe to say we arent talkin no more

anyone watching the mindhunter on netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    You know, as a Trek fan and a complete nerd loser, the two of which don't have any relation to another at all, what a grim sight Discovery has been. An absolute assault on everything good.

It's sad that Seth McFarlane's show is closer to the right formula, and even then it's just meh.
    Yeah, for all his faults you can tell from his other shows that McFarlane is a big Star Trek fan, so it'd make sense that he'd have a better understanding of it than the network execs that pulled this generic grab-bag of sci-fi cancer together.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ed_ View Post
    There's also a Netflix movie adaptation of Gerald's Game coming out this week - pretty disturbing book, that one.
    Really belongs in the movie thread, but saw this last week. Creepy, and well-paced, though the last 10 minutes is a bit strange and an anti-climax. Speaking of climaxes, saw this with a girl and got her into bed 10 minutes after it finished, so mark this one down as an unconventional date-night option.

Thread Information