Page 296 of 340 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 5092
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

I've done a 180 on Jesse from season one to now. Couldn't stand him at first and wanted him dead. Now all my sympathies lie with him.

I've always been on Jessie's side. I'm fairly sure I posted not that long ago that I absolutely cannot stand Walt, and it still holds true.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    I've always been on Jessie's side. I'm fairly sure I posted not that long ago that I absolutely cannot stand Walt, and it still holds true.
    Were you anti Walt from the start though? It would surprise me if that was the case since he was initially portrayed as a genuinely sympathetic character. I don't think we were meant to dislike him from the start. That famous pitch of Vince Gilligan comes to mind that he wanted to take him from "Mr. Chips to Scarface".

In the beginning, I was really sympathetic to Walt and couldn't stand Jesse. He was an annoying little **** who was always causing serious trouble for Walt. I wanted him dead. I think the genius of the show (to me at least) was how it slowly reversed the roles and made Walt the monster and Jesse the sympathetic figure.
    Last edited by Fusion; 14-09-2013 at 08:31 AM.

Maybe for the first half of the first season I liked Walt more than Jessie but not really. I've always disliked Walt and liked Jessie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Were you anti Walt from the start though? It would surprise me if that was the case since he was initially portrayed as a genuinely sympathetic character. I don't think we were meant to dislike him from the start. That famous pitch of Vince Gilligan comes to mind that he wanted to take him from "Mr. Chips to Scarface".

In the beginning, I was really sympathetic to Walt and couldn't stand Jesse. He was an annoying little **** who was always causing serious trouble for Walt. I wanted him death. I think the genius of the show (to me at least) was how it slowly reversed the roles and made Walt the monster and Jesse the sympathetic figure.
    Yeah that's why I think the ending surely has to have something to do with Walt saving Jesse and Jesse being able to start a new life, or along those lines. Everything would balance out that way. Also think it's great how Gilligan has made sure the characters aren't black and white though. There could have been many turning points in the series where Walt could have made a complete transition into Heisenberg and continued like that until the very end, but he hasn't - there are still some remnants of humanity left in him. That complexity makes it much more interesting than if the characters were archetypes.

International Regular OverratedSanity's Avatar
    The point where I went from sympathising for Walt to starting to hate him was when he allowed Jane to die... After that he's developed into a monster pretty quickly. I'm surprised there are still people on Wales side, he's just a despicable man now

walt forever jesse never

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Aaron Paul released the following shocking spoiler.

Breaking Skyler.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Walt. What a prick. But at the end he does confess to everything knowing the police are recording, so he can spare Skylar any legal consequences. So there's that.

And finally someone says what we've all thought....Walt Jr saying "If you knew about this, you're as bad as he is." Exactly. Hated her holier than thou attitude while being complicit in what Walt did. If she had principles, she'd have taken the kids and drove straight to a police station. But she enjoyed the benefits and still thumbed her nose at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Great episode once again - Its hard to watch just one episode a week now, I hope the final episode is a feature film length.

SS, I didn't think he exactly confessed to everything there are still heaps of unexplained things. It was a good call whoever said recently on here that they started not liking Walt since he watched Jane die. I think he told Jesse about it in this episode for that exact reason.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    I meant that he took responsibility of everything and gave Skylar a cover to protect herself ("he threatened me to stay in line").

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Wow what an episode.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

I gotta say, was a little disappointed in that episode. Everything pretty much unfolded as expected, but the pacing and overall feeling of it didn't sit that well with me. I feel like there was too much crammed into it - and a lot of it being very emotionally significant. Given the past few episodes have been more of the fill-in variety, I think it was a bit of an error of judgement to place all the eggs in one basket for this episode, with the hope it could cover everything in a satisfying way. Also think the acting was a little weak in parts, particularly the guy who plays Walt Jr, but I can't say that wasn't unexpected. I have always had doubts about that actor being able to handle such an emotionally volatile scene.

I thought the last third of the episode was excellent though, and felt much more natural. It seems as though, plot-wise, it's all laid out. I can't see there being anything other than an act of self-sacrifice from Walt now.

Fair enough SS.

Ruckus, last few episodes as fill-ins? Last episode certainly wasn't, it was massive. I probably have to watch it again, I didn't notice anything bad about the acting but Walt Jr was just out of his comfort zone of tucking into his cereal.

***Breaking Bad Spoilers***

RIP Hank. Badass and principled till the end.

Great episode for mine. That scene that wrapped up the desert shootout had sublime acting. Cranston did a super job portraying Walt's grief for Hank's death and then pure rage toward Jesse whom he blames for all of this. Aaron Paul was his great self in portraying Jesse's fear and then complete defeat when upon hearing Walt's confession about Jane. Man these two are awesomeness personified.

The end is now clear somewhat. Walt versus the Nazis (while both sides evade the cops). Two more episodes. Oh how I'll miss this show.
    Last edited by Fusion; 16-09-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Thread Information