Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 27 of 546 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127527 ... LastLast
Like Tree1276Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Request Your Custom Title Now! Burgey's Avatar
    Last night on UKTV there was a Parky interview with Robin Williams. Not necessarily on topic here, but a comment of Williams' stood out:

"When I was drinking, I was violating my own standards faster than I could lower them".

Gold.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith
    Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    You need to clap a cows c**** over your head and get a woolly bull to f**** some sense into you.

"Do you know why I have credibility? Because I don't exude morality." - Bob Hawke

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

So has the Lost finale aired on all the different regions yet? I'll wait to confirm this before posting my thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    So has the Lost finale aired on all the different regions yet? I'll wait to confirm this before posting my thoughts...
    *Spoilers*

That was the finale? Lol, didn't even realise. Must be because of the writers strike they have such a short season. I reckon they could pretty much have ended it now and I'd be satisfied. Was happy to see Locke dead, though I'm sure he'll be brought back to life when he's back on the island. Hope there's more of Ben next season, fascinating character, one of my favs. The finale was done very well though, fast paced, a lot of action, how the series should be.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Battlestar Galactica's winding down towards the series finale, pretty sad as it's been such a fantastic show that's probably missed out on so many viewers from being branded as one of those geeky spaceship shows when it really is anything but.

Recent Prison Break's have been absolutely dire. Never seen a show plummet to the extent that one has.

Looking forward to watching the final season of The Wire after exams. It is by far the best TV show ever made. It is unparalleled and I reckon anyone who has put the effort in to watch and follow the show over the past few years would agree (it's not a thrill a minute and one case over a whole season means it's not for the ADD-like types). Will be sad to see it go. Apparently this season is one of the best, so can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    *Spoilers*

That was the finale? Lol, didn't even realise. Must be because of the writers strike they have such a short season. I reckon they could pretty much have ended it now and I'd be satisfied. Was happy to see Locke dead, though I'm sure he'll be brought back to life when he's back on the island. Hope there's more of Ben next season, fascinating character, one of my favs. The finale was done very well though, fast paced, a lot of action, how the series should be.
    Yeah it was awesome, how did you not notice it was the finale though, did you not get onto the fact that it was double-length? And that they continued with last year's finale's flashforwrads? But yeah, great episode and series, can't wait for the next

Actually came into this thread to see if anyone else had watch The Inbetweeners on E4?? Absolutely ****in mustard, they must do another series soon

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose
    The internet is a big garbage can

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

*Spoilers*

I actually like the character of Locke. He brings a good level of conflict to the Island. If we are to accept Jack as the lead character and a man of science, then Locke is his main rival and a man of faith. Their clashes will probably define the upcoming seasons. I do love Ben though. I think he's such a great character and played exceptionally well by the actor that portrays him.

All in all, I thought the season finale was one of the best episodes of Lost ever. By the way, the producers shot two "fake" endings with two different characters in the coffin. They did that so if the real ending with Locke in the coffin leaked, they could release the other endings to confuse the public. The two "fake" endings had Sawyer and Desmond in the coffin. They're easy to find on Lost related blogs if anyone's interested in watching them.

Looking forward to watching the final season of The Wire after exams. It is by far the best TV show ever made. It is unparalleled and I reckon anyone who has put the effort in to watch and follow the show over the past few years would agree (it's not a thrill a minute and one case over a whole season means it's not for the ADD-like types). Will be sad to see it go. Apparently this season is one of the best, so can't wait.
    I watched season 1-4 on DVD this past month. The Wire is one of the best shows in Television history. I still consider The Sopranos to be better at its best, but The Wire has been more consistent overall. Season 5's DVD will release in August and I can't wait to watch it.

I actually like the character of Locke. He brings a good level of conflict to the Island. If we are to accept Jack as the lead character and a man of science, then Locke is his main rival and a man of faith. Their clashes will probably define the upcoming seasons. I do love Ben though. I think he's such a great character and played exceptionally well by the actor that portrays him.
    Dunno, just feel he's a bit two dimensional. I think the character is good, in theory, but the actor isn't. He annoys me for some reason. Also he's much more of a staring character, most of his scenes are just him walking, looking at someone, smiling looking confused and stupid. Doesn't radiate intelligence likely your Ben's and Sawyer's do.

I watched season 1-4 on DVD this past month. The Wire is one of the best shows in Television history. I still consider The Sopranos to be better at its best, but The Wire has been more consistent overall. Season 5's DVD will release in August and I can't wait to watch it.
    Sopranos is the second best for mine, it has no faults at all but The Wire is just flawless TV. Everything about it is perfect and after every season finale there's just a feeling of 'wow' that you don't get with any other show.

Cricketer Of The Year ripper868's Avatar
    Balls of Steel, Worst Show Ever
    Parmi

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Sopranos is the second best for mine, it has no faults at all but The Wire is just flawless TV. Everything about it is perfect and after every season finale there's just a feeling of 'wow' that you don't get with any other show.
    Deadwood imo.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

International Debutant DJellett's Avatar
    Best TV shows...

Underbelly
    Thank God You're Here
    WHose Line Is It Anyway
    NCIS
    Law and Order
    L&O: SVU
    Dylan Hooper-Jellett
    CWCA Chairman

Want to be the next Bradman - of the forum?
    Simmed Cricket. Real Fun.
    CricketWeb Cricket - Sign Up Now

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    Melicous? Is that a nasty, yet tasty, comment?

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Arrested Development. What a show. Watching season 1 as we speak.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

International Debutant DJellett's Avatar
    OH! How could I forget...

Boondocks
    One Tree Hill
    Bro' TOwn
    Summer Heights High

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10 View Post
    Arrested Development. What a show. Watching season 1 as we speak.
    (Y) Gun
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Thread Information