Cricket Player Manager
Page 252 of 352 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 5266
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I had actually forgotten about the Karstark bit tbf. But the rest of the events all happened in rather quick sucession towards the end of the second season, so it was quite hard to attach any significance to them for mine. I mean the marriage to Jeyne was basically just tacked on at the very end, had I not known what was going to happen in the future, I'd have probably dismissed it as filler. As you say though, the break in seasons definitely doesn't help, but again, it's just one of those things.
    They haven't really linked his marriage to the Frey Alliance going sour. But I'm pretty sure the next 2-3 episodes will cover that.

The Bastard's intro has been subtle but it was the same in the books. What I like about it here is that he's already started his mind games with Theon.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    This episode was the highest rated episode ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I know, though that's possibly partly down to hype after the success of the first two seasons. I'll be interested to see whether it can sustain that rating over the next couple of episodes (admittedly it might get a helping hand by virtue of the fact that new episodes of Walking Dead are no longer on sunday nights).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes the 7th book much more quickly than the 5th or the 6th. It'll get gradually easier for him as he starts rapping up the multitude of plot threads that he has in line. Further GRRM reckons there'll be enough new material in the 6th book for 2 seasons, which should given him a bit of extra breathing room for finishing the last one. I think the show's producers have already said that there's the potential to do a Soprano's style gap year (or two) if the books aren't finished in time.

But I'm not optimistic that the show will last that long anyway. It's already feeling overcrowded. I have plenty of friends who like the show, but are already finding it hard to keep up with all the characters and place names, and that's before the introduction of the dozen or so new characters this season. I love GoT, but I just reckon it'll be too much for casual audiences and that we'll see the ratings start to slip over the next year. Hope I'm wrong though.
    'Game of Thrones' sets ratings record for latest episode | Inside TV | EW.com
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I can't think of what could possibly happen that would make it so unpopular that they don't see it through. Its fanbase is notoriously obsessive and HBO don't even end the shows no one watches prematurely.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

So I looked up what "the bear and the maiden fair" is actually about, and it's pretty much just that, silly beauty and the beast thing. Is it supposed to have Brienne as the bear and Jaime as the maiden? Or am I barking up the wrong tree there

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I can't think of what could possibly happen that would make it so unpopular that they don't see it through. Its fanbase is notoriously obsessive and HBO don't even end the shows no one watches prematurely.
    I could easily see it taking forever waiting for the books to finish and ending due to development hell. But otherwise you're right, this isn't fox.
    Last edited by Howe_zat; 16-04-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Would have to be something like contract negotiation problems. With a cast this big, has to come up at some point. Peter Dinklage is signed on for six years, so at that point, I can see it becoming a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    I could easily see it taking forever waiting for the books to finish and ending due to development hell. But otherwise you're right, this isn't fox.
    GRRM has told them how the books will end and what happens to every character - they said they will try to wait for the books but will get ahead of them if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I canít envision GOT being cancelled either. However, there is a HUGE budgetary difference between it and other shows that HBO kept on (like The Wire). HBO will end a show if the budget is too large to handle and the ratings donít justify the cost (see: Rome).

The difference is that GOT is by far their biggest moneymaker. They make more per episode on it by overseas sales than they did even for The Sopranos. Unless the budget requirements become much bigger, I don't think that'll be a problem.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    They haven't really linked his marriage to the Frey Alliance going sour. But I'm pretty sure the next 2-3 episodes will cover that.
    Yeah, this is the problem for mine. It didn't need a lot more attention, but this aspect of things probably should have been given a little more focus than it was. I suspect casual watchers won't even remember who Walder Frey is.

Yeah, this is the problem for mine. It didn't need a lot more attention, but this aspect of things probably should have been given a little more focus than it was. I suspect casual watchers won't even remember who Walder Frey is.
    I actually think the opposite. He gave a really strong performance and was perfect for the role.

Game of Thrones - Meet Walder Frey - YouTube

I actually think the opposite. He gave a really strong performance and was perfect for the role.

Game of Thrones - Meet Walder Frey - YouTube
    Yeah, the performance was good, but it was one relatively short scene out of a ten episode season. If I hadn't read the books in the meantime, I would remember it as "the scene with Filch from Harry Potter".

Yeah, the performance was good, but it was one relatively short scene out of a ten episode season. If I hadn't read the books in the meantime, I would remember it as "the scene with Filch from Harry Potter".

I guess that's true.

But have to say the casting for GOT is just brilliant. One of the best casts in a long time.

I guess that's true.

But have to say the casting for GOT is just brilliant. One of the best casts in a long time.
    Yeah, it's been excellently cast. My complaints weren't really anything to do with the production or the acting, just the fact that when you only have sets of ten episodes to work with - which are interspersed by periods of 12 months or so - some of the delivery will suffer, particularly the sense of scale and time. But it's just the nature of the beast with these sorts of things.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    The gap between seasons was a killer. Still trying to remember all the different storylines. Really enjoying it though.
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

It ain't easy being greasy in a world full of cleanliness, imo.

Thread Information