Page 249 of 338 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 5062
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    He's only 64....

Plus, he has told the story already to the show runners so the show will continue as long as there are ratings.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes the 7th book much more quickly than the 5th or the 6th. It'll get gradually easier for him as he starts rapping up the multitude of plot threads that he has in line. Further GRRM reckons there'll be enough new material in the 6th book for 2 seasons, which should given him a bit of extra breathing room for finishing the last one. I think the show's producers have already said that there's the potential to do a Soprano's style gap year (or two) if the books aren't finished in time.

But I'm not optimistic that the show will last that long anyway. It's already feeling overcrowded. I have plenty of friends who like the show, but are already finding it hard to keep up with all the characters and place names, and that's before the introduction of the dozen or so new characters this season. I love GoT, but I just reckon it'll be too much for casual audiences and that we'll see the ratings start to slip over the next year. Hope I'm wrong though.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 03-04-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

This episode was the highest rated episode ever.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    This episode was the highest rated episode ever.
    I know, though that's possibly partly down to hype after the success of the first two seasons. I'll be interested to see whether it can sustain that rating over the next couple of episodes (admittedly it might get a helping hand by virtue of the fact that new episodes of Walking Dead are no longer on sunday nights).

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    50 days until AD! Yew!
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Ending of Californication was annoying tstl

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I know, though that's possibly partly down to hype after the success of the first two seasons. I'll be interested to see whether it can sustain that rating over the next couple of episodes (admittedly it might get a helping hand by virtue of the fact that new episodes of Walking Dead are no longer on sunday nights).
    Ha, yes, possibly....

Anything is possible but it's not like it just was created out of nowhere, nor is it that the ratings doubled. Every season the ratings have been a little higher - pointing to a slow gain in viewership rather than meteoric rise due to some all of a sudden increase in hype.

In any case, the ratings would have to drop quite a bit - probably lower than even the first season (e.g cut in half) for them to cancel it because they make a lot of their money back from international sales (reportedly they get almost $3 million an episode from international partners - which is higher than even The Sopranos), plus the DVD sales, which are breaking all sorts of records as well.

FFS, they kept The Wire going for five seasons even though no one watched it. They have a brand, and they know even if a specific show doesn't hit the viewers right away, it adds to their brand name long term. What would probably have to happen is that it would have to be watched by many fewer people AND the critics would have to start disliking it for them to cancel it.

I doubt critics will dislike seasons 3 or 4. And then even if there is dramatic fall off after that, it would be a while before they cancel it.

One thing that may throw a wrench would be contract renegotiations - Peter Dinklage is signed on for six seasons - so I'm guessing perhaps around then is when it might have to be pulled depending on what the demands are (like what was happening with the Sopranos). There is no actor 'essential' enough so that they can't be replaced by another, except Peter Dinklage..and I think his agent knows that.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 04-04-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Suggest you audition to play Theon in future seasons tbh.

Haha, well that would surely lead to cancellation. But man, how awesome is that transformation for an actor to play? If you do that well, you've pretty much got yourself an emmy and street cred as a 'serious actor'. I hope Alfie knows what's coming because he should be salivating to get to seasons five and six....

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Ending of Californication was annoying tstl
    I found it less annoying than the ending of last season, but in general the show has been on the downward slide since season 4. The seasonal ring-ins are getting increasingly cartoonish, and yet none of them have been nearly as funny as Kathleen Turner's Sue Collini. Man they missed an opportunity when they didn't add her to the regular cast.
    Last edited by Bahnz; 04-04-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Darlingface's Eeyore outlook extends to television it appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    I'm liking Broadchurch, best UK tv drama since The Shadow Line.

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_(TV_series))

Looks gun. Watching the first episode now.
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-04-2013 at 09:57 AM.

Would have been interested if it was a show about Hannibal crossing the Alps tbh.

Thread Information