Cricket Player Manager
Page 244 of 349 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 5232
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Am negatively inclined towards Spiral just because it has replaced Borgen. Might give it a go though.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Am negatively inclined towards Spiral just because it has replaced Borgen. Might give it a go though.
    Definitely should, it's so great. I'd go so far to say that it's actually better than Borgen come to think of it, such is my approval of it.

Puts UK/US legal/crime dramas to shame.

Have heard lots of good things, love Borgen though, got so much affection for it which I can never find in crime shows.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Have heard lots of good things, love Borgen though, got so much affection for it which I can never find in crime shows.
    The good thing about Spiral, is that it's not particularly plot based, more character focused. Usually I can't be doing with crime dramas either, but because the show is more about the characters, some of whom just happen to be lawyers/police/judges etc... it really works well.

Powering through Workaholics atm, so good.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Bored in Malaysia and catching up on old shows that I have missed eg Spaced. Biggest surprise is that Black Books is the biggest pile of unwatchable horse**** I have ever seen. ****ty laugh track, ****ty production, ****ty acting. Complete ****. I'm angry that I have tried watching.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Bored in Malaysia and catching up on old shows that I have missed eg Spaced. Biggest surprise is that Black Books is the biggest pile of unwatchable horse**** I have ever seen. ****ty laugh track, ****ty production, ****ty acting. Complete ****. I'm angry that I have tried watching.
    Doing it wrong

Haha Black Books is the best, the low-end production is part of its charm IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes View Post
    Haha Black Books is the best, the low-end production is part of its charm IMO.
    Is the god awful laugh track and piss weak writing also part of the charm? It is formulaic comedy - basically Keeping Up Appearances but with the two main characters played by comedians who are not quite mainstream so it preserves the slightest of edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Goughy View Post
    Is the god awful laugh track and piss weak writing also part of the charm? It is formulaic comedy - basically Keeping Up Appearances but with the two main characters played by comedians who are not quite mainstream so it preserves the slightest of edges.
    I don't even hear the laugh track while watching it, so it obviously doesn't mean **** to me. I'm not a hundred years old so I never watched Keeping Up Appearances, or much British comedy at all, so it was pretty fresh to me when I watched it (quite a few years ago now, tbh). I also quite like Dylan Moran as a comedian.

I also don't give a **** whether you do or don't like it, I wouldn't spend more than a post defending and quite frankly don't give a ****. Good day sir!

I don't even hear the laugh track while watching it, so it obviously doesn't mean **** to me. I'm not a hundred years old so I never watched Keeping Up Appearances, or much British comedy at all, so it was pretty fresh to me when I watched it (quite a few years ago now, tbh). I also quite like Dylan Moran as a comedian.

I also don't give a **** whether you do or don't like it, I wouldn't spend more than a post defending and quite frankly don't give a ****. Good day sir!
    A response similar to the one I anticipated when I opened the thread. I hope you also have a good day.

Powering through Workaholics atm, so good.
    Having just seen this post, it is clear we have very different preferences. I found Workaholics similarly unwatchable. I'm not asking you to defend it and I'm not defending my dislike for the show either, just making an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Finished the whole season of House of Cards.

Watch it.
    I will do at some point. The original (with Ian Richardson IIRC) was so brilliant that my first inclination was to stay away from the remake. But Kevin Spacey is usually excellent, so I'm not surprised to hear that this is very good.

Have you ever seen the original version?

This is why I haven't wached it yet, glad they made I though because it prompted me to buy the original, not seen it in so long but it just superb.

This is why I haven't wached it yet, glad they made I though because it prompted me to buy the original, not seen it in so long but it just superb.
    Yeah, I need to get a copy too. It really was one of the outstanding series, wasn't it.

btw I just noticed that you're based in Surbiton - all of 2 miles from me in Worcester Park. Must be my closest neighbour on CW.

Thread Information