Page 234 of 340 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 5086
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by duffer View Post
    How many people here download their shows? I'm sick of waiting weeks, ads, low quality broadcasts and the like that the only thing I use TV for is live sport. All the other shows I download and watch at my leisure.
    Yeah, I'm the exact same, I only ever watch TV for live sport or occasionally for re-runs of old shows/movies when I'm eating or going to sleep. This might be different if I lived in the US and didn't have to wait weeks/months between the original airing date and the time it appears on my TV for all the shows I watch, but probably not that much as I still think I'd enjoy the freedom of watching shows when I properly had the time to commit to them, ad-free.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Homeland Spoiler

Really crap episode, which has messed up the whole show. I had problems with the following points:

1. Using the same cliff-hanger twice is awful.

2. It's only the start of season 2 and they know Brody's secret which was the whole point to the show.

3. Why would you send your most important asset to deal with the tailor.

4. When there is a dying man in your arms who is making a deathly rattle, it's best not to answer the phone, especially when it's your annoying wife calling. And if you do answer the phone, snapping said dying man's neck is crap TV.

I expect Saul will die without telling another soul, the card will be lost or retrieved by the terrorists/Brody and Carrie will be the only witness left whom no one will believe. That's the only way the continue this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I expect Saul will die without telling another soul, the card will be lost or retrieved by the terrorists/Brody and Carrie will be the only witness left whom no one will believe. That's the only way the continue this show.
    Watch the previews, and reconsider the above statement.

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Not strictly a TV show, but is anyone else here following Marble Hornets on YouTube? Quality amateur psych-horror.
    Exit pursuing a beer

Damn Lori's still alive, thought we had her for the moment, stupid Hershal not dying and coming back as a Zombie. Good episode otherwise I'm enjoying Rick Grimes becoming worse than Shane

I also like they've got a new moody bad-ass, black bloke, because there's not one of them on the show that's being totally under-utilised anyway....
    Last edited by grecian; 22-10-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    I realise I am very late to the party on this but...An Idiot Abroad...Karl Pilkington...a comedic idiot savant.
    ★★★★★

He works because he's actually a very intelligent man who knows nothing.

Bloke is unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Carl at least did something to improve his character from the last two seasons by actually being useful. Although her scene with Hershel was good development, Lori's still got a long way to go. Loved the last scene though, not least (trying not to give away too many spoilers here) because it answered something I'd been wondering for a while with regards to zombie bites. Can't see him lasting out the next episode, though.

Edit: Related
    Lori basically called herself a bad wife and mother in ep 2.

Surely they are responding to fan feedback and adapting accordingly? Too coincidental.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Yeah, she was a lot better in this new episode. The scene at the end with her and Rick really made me feel bad for her too. Loving this season so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

****ing love Homeland atm

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    ****ing love Homeland atm
    Yes, this episode was better than all but the last 60 seconds of the previous one. No idea what Carrie was playing at, as the film she picked up in Beirut was as much of a confession as any-one needed, wasn't it?

Any idea how they're going to fill the remaining 8 episodes now that Brody's been collared?
    Or series 3?

My guess a week ago was that Saul would peg out somehow with only Carrie having seen the incriminating video. Now I have absolutely no idea where this is going.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Yes, this episode was better than all but the last 60 seconds of the previous one. No idea what Carrie was playing at, as the film she picked up in Beirut was as much of a confession as any-one needed, wasn't it?

Any idea how they're going to fill the remaining 8 episodes now that Brody's been collared?
    Or series 3?

My guess a week ago was that Saul would peg out somehow with only Carrie having seen the incriminating video. Now I have absolutely no idea where this is going.
    This is what I thought. But then they go ahead and mess up the show. I wanted to see more of the intrigue, where Brody has to navigate not getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post

Or series 3?

Marcuss was actually watching Season 1 for the first time when he posted that.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Community will return to TV on February 7th. The wait continues.

Thread Information