Page 225 of 338 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 5062
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Oh...****...that is all.
    I think there'll sooner be another Bradman than another Warne. - Gidgeon Haigh

[Warne is] the greatest bowler ever produced in this entire world - Muttiah Muralidaran

[Warne is] the greatest bowler of all time - Glenn McGrath

In my opinion Shane Warne is the greatest cricketer who's ever lived - Ian Botham

Warne is the greatest cricketer to pick up a ball ever.
    And is the greatest bowler I have ever laid eyes on. - Brian Lara

Oh I cannot wait for the last 8 episodes. Man I'm going to miss this show when it's done.

Best bloke

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Not-so-well-known fact that Dean Norris was in Total Recall. Pic of him below sans makeup.

"You gotta lotta nerve showing your face around heeeer, Hauser."
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 03-09-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Perfect ending to the season. It's always the little details that get you caught. Can't wait to see what the writers have in store for us in the last season.

Liked the music they played for all the prison killings. Summed up Heizenburg's tone perfectly.
    Last edited by Agent Nationaux; 03-09-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Poor Jesse. Just want to give him a hug. I hope he makes it out OK (he won't, no one will, but that's the guy I'm rooting for).

Serious question: is anyone still rooting for Walt? I wasn't for a while this season (I was last season), but if I was, Oz like scenes (plus last week's murder - out of pure ego!) would have done me in.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 03-09-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Spoiler:

If Walt actually did get out, listened to his wife, then yeah I kinda am rooting for him still; as weird as that is. When Hank made the connection; I was like "oh ****, I hope Walt doesn't get caught" as my first reaction.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    I've read heaps of critcism of how quick his changeover to being a bad, bad man has been this season but, tbh, it often goes that way in real life. Without seeing the eps this season, someone who suddenly has a ton of power will often go to some extreme lengths to keep it. The path from petty criminal to the top of the heap isn't very often an incremental or linear thing, after killing (personally) several people, what's 10 more between friends in an indirect way?

It wouldn't surprise me if Walt barely cares about his family any more and is most interested in just not getting caught. That said, it's not an unknown thing for a heavy crew member to have a feeling that they have no way out. Couple that with hubris and they might make it much easier to catch them so that, although they're pinched and ****ed, at least the pressure's off. More than one serial killer has left notes saying 'please stop me'.

Like I said, would have to see the eps in question but, on the descriptions I've seen, none of it sounds terribly far-fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    I've read heaps of critcism of how quick his changeover to being a bad, bad man has been this season
    I agree that it is realistic for him to flip quickly anyway, but he has been evil for ages. Letting Jesse's gf die, willing to poison an innocent child etc.

He hasn't become more evil, he's just become more crazy and egotistical imo.

SPOILERS FOR YOU TC SO YOU CAN'T READ THE REST:

Like him killing 9-10 fairly bad guys in prison is obviously downright vicious, but is it worse than poisoning an innocent child for your own gain?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    Spoiler:

If Walt actually did get out, listened to his wife, then yeah I kinda am rooting for him still; as weird as that is. When Hank made the connection; I was like "oh ****, I hope Walt doesn't get caught" as my first reaction.
    Which is exactly why I was telling you that you couldn't end the series last season!

Hank showdown with Walt must happen.

I am already giddy just thinking about that scene.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Question for anyone with an amateur or professional interest in the area: are the meth purity numbers quoted on the show in any way realistic? It seems implausible that Walt can manage over 99% purity while the poor Czechs are languishing at 60%. Always thought Europeans were relatively discerning drug users (mtc).

Onto the [spoilers]:

Quote Originally Posted by TC
    I've read heaps of critcism of how quick his changeover to being a bad, bad man has been this season
    I thought this was the most believable character transformation on the show really (and it should be, seeing as it's in the title). As SS mentioned he started 'breaking bad' way, way earlier than most fans seem to believe. AFAIC he was pretty much irredeemable by the end of the second season. The 'he's doing it for his family' thing is such a red herring. It was for his ego. If this were a real person people would have no sympathy for the character.

I found the transformation the other way in the latest episode somewhat difficult to believe. I don't buy that he's suddenly 'out' without any real trigger after refusing countless prior opportunities to leave with his pride and money intact. I get that it was done to make the reveal seem more dramatic, but it seemed a bit forced to me. I might have missed a lot, I only watched a ****ty stream of the episode, haven't downloaded it.

Anyway, good that the end game begins now. The twist was more or less as expected but satisfying nonetheless. Still have to reiterate my disdain for the split season idea, eight episodes sucks.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

I want to know why the **** he ends up with a machine gun on his 52nd birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post

Onto the [spoilers]:

I found the transformation the other way in the latest episode somewhat difficult to believe. I don't buy that he's suddenly 'out' without any real trigger after refusing countless prior opportunities to leave with his pride and money intact. I get that it was done to make the reveal seem more dramatic, but it seemed a bit forced to me. I might have missed a lot, I only watched a ****ty stream of the episode, haven't downloaded it.

I don't think the decision to get out "transforms" him the other way though. He's still the same person, he's just achieved his immediate goals. As Skyler points out to him, he's got more money than he or his kids can spend in their lifetime. He's the boss of his business and he's earned the respect and recognition he so desperately craves. His "legacy" is secured. Therefore he's out. If for any reason something changes, you can bet he'll immediately jump back in and be willing to murder and manipulate anyone to save himself. That's why I don't think he's a good guy all of a sudden.

I also think the cancer is back, which may have contributed to his decision to get out. We know that he's coughing and taking medicine again on his 52nd birthday. We also saw him getting a MRI this episode. I think he was told the cancer is back after that MRI and wants to spend his remaining time in peace with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Which is exactly why I was telling you that you couldn't end the series last season!

Hank showdown with Walt must happen.

I am already giddy just thinking about that scene.
    Yeah, good call.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    I don't think the decision to get out "transforms" him the other way though. He's still the same person, he's just achieved his immediate goals. As Skyler points out to him, he's got more money than he or his kids can spend in their lifetime. He's the boss of his business and he's earned the respect and recognition he so desperately craves. His "legacy" is secured. Therefore he's out. If for any reason something changes, you can bet he'll immediately jump back in and be willing to murder and manipulate anyone to save himself. That's why I don't think he's a good guy all of a sudden.

I also think the cancer is back, which may have contributed to his decision to get out. We know that he's coughing and taking medicine again on his 52nd birthday. We also saw him getting a MRI this episode. I think he was told the cancer is back after that MRI and wants to spend his remaining time in peace with his family.
    [spoilers]

Poor choice of words on my part. I didn't mean transformation in the sense of becoming 'good' again, obviously he isn't, I just don't really see what has happened between him turning down the methylamine deal and now to justify his exit. Obviously the big thing was Mike's death, and I could conceivably see that being the catalyst, but they didn't spend a whole lot of time on the fallout. With the show being in its final season (or whatever you want to call it - AFAIC this is one season, not two) it's becoming much more about developing plot than characters, which is perhaps more exciting but I've found it less believable and coherent in parts.

What are his 'immediate goals'? He's had more than enough money for his family's needs for ages now, it's not and never was about that. I thought part of the point of his Grey Matter story ('billions - with a B') was to establish that in his mind it was never going to be enough for him to be satisfied. I don't believe that the 'pile of money' scene with Skyler would meaningfully affect him; there's been very little to suggest that he's receptive to outside input, whatever the source. In terms of his legacy I'm not sure that much has changed either. He might have the respect of a few more drug dealers but that seemed more of a tangential thing.

I'm sure he's lying to some extent about being out, anyway.

Thread Information