Page 221 of 345 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 5171
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Random trivia: Jesse was supposed to be killed off towards the end of the first season. Gilligan saw that it would be just so wrong - Aaron Paul is just so good - that they kept him on. Thank ****.
    ★★★★★

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    I disagree. In fact, it would be entirely plausible for Jesse to have quit on the spot. The guy has never liked killing, and the last time he had to kill someone he lost the plot for ages. Add the fact an innocent boy was killed and I think its a natural reaction for him to want out. Particularly when he saw that Walt basically was not bothered by the whole thing, at least from a humanitarian side (whistling, only talking about being self-sufficient etc.).
    Every time someone has died directly or indirectly because of him, Jesse has always gone towards a dark place. He gets extremely depressed and becomes emotionally unstable. In this instance after the kid's death we see him get affected sure, but he's back to normal in a day. The awkward dinner scene for example. That's not how Jesse would've reacted in previous seasons. He would've been too depressed/angry after a death to make small talk with Walt and Skyler. Also though he wants out, he still wants his money. Again, in previous seasons, he would've been too depressed to care about the money. We disagree I guess, but I still maintain that this episode was rushed and it has to do with the short season.
    Last edited by Fusion; 22-08-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Finally caught to the end of Season 4, have to say I found the whole last ep pretty disappointing. Makes me wonder whether I should bother with Season 5.
    The Colourphonics

Bandcamp
    Twitderp

Another fantastic episode in Breaking Bad. Not sure exactly where this show is headed now. Kinda agree with Fusion though that they're starting to rush a few things in the plotlines.

Tempted to just rename this thread Breaking Bad.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Wow...I didn't see that coming until the phone call when Walt said he'd do it himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Oh, and that was the best episode of the season.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Decent ep but I'm still pissed off about this 'split season'. ****ty idea, better not become a thing.

[Baking Bread spoilers]

Interesting point Fusion made earlier re: Walt being too much of a 'genius'. I thought the biggest counter to that was Mike - particularly his weary dismissal of Walt's fears that he would be found out by the DEA, even though Mike clearly knew what he was doing and Walt was the one out of his depth. A bit disappointed that Walt's paranoia was vindicated to some extent in this episode.

The writers seem to be foreshadowing Hank's apparent suicide (the show Mike was watching during the search and Hank mock shooting himself). Seems too obvious though, probably just a red herring.

I liked this CYE-inspired ending.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

***Breaking Bad Spoilers***

Mike.

Anyone get the feeling that Walt's true nature is going to be revealed to Jesse through Skyler? Also, Todd is going to **** things up majorly for Walt.

Only one more episode left this year!

I think Jesse is almost there on his own. His interaction with Walt in this episode was the beginning of that. After he heard the whistling, the facade started to crumble.

The final season will be epic Jesse vs. Walt vs. Hank. Jesse, despite what he has done, is a good guy. Walt, clearly, is not one. And hasn't been one in a very long time.

This was the first time that Walt couldn't manipulate Jesse back into the fold, and Walt hated losing that power. Even the threat of not giving Jesse anything wasn't enough to move him. He's a sociopath on a power trip - even in the beginning, his pride was on show - he simply had no outlet.

Without having seen any of season 5 obv, one wonders on a new player. In real organised crime, unless someone has stranglehold on power that they don't just control crime in an area but everything (N'drangheta, Comorra, etc.), there's always a new, abitious crew looking to muscle in once the incumbents get careless. Any sign of that? Can't quite believe the Mexi cartels are just letting Walt run around freely, without any protection, just over the border. Pride before the fall.....
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 27-08-2012 at 08:47 PM.

I think it's because they don't know exactly who Walt is. They know Heisenberg, but no indication they'd know Walt's true identity. Also, working with Fring probably covered his ass; and then Mike. Not sure so much now though.

Well, one cartel sent two blokes over specifically to find and kill him because of Tucco but let's assume no members of one cartel talk to or work with or for any others (lol). Given that, with one entire family knocked off by Gus and that void almost certainly filled by another cartel, if they don't know who he is, you'd guess it won't be long before they send others over the border to start asking questions.

That's my guess for what'll happen next.

I've got a hunch the new guys are setting him up. Walt's getting way too cocky - "Say my name".

Thread Information