Page 191 of 341 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 5111
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Nope, don't think anyone here has heard of it

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnners View Post
    Anyone else on here a fan of Justified btw?
    Big fan. KiwiNinja an admirer too I believe. The "morally compromised hero" is an old trope, but Olyphant does it with such a laconic cool it's hard not to love it.

Series 3 KOs up here on 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    I didn't get what you meant earlier. Got you now. I take it you're a fan of the canon.

Yeah, I just watched The Reichenbach Fall. Amazing viewing. I'm just pissed we'll have to wait a year or more now.

[SPOILERS]

Thoughts? Was that the real Moriarty and did he really just blow his brains out?! Wow. I think it's interesting that there was no mention of finding Moriarty's body up on the terrace. The writers mention that they've already put out a clue that explains how Sherlock did it. I suppose it's the fact that the little girl seemed to recognise Sherlock's face, which means there's either a look-a-like out there (the real Moriarty?) or the kidnapper wore a mask with Sherlock's face on it (which was my initial thought when she screamed). Sherlock needed Molly's help, so that's probably to do with a substitution of bodies. Sherlock lands on a ledge and survives the fall in the canon, so IMO the solution here involves a floor in the building, close to the ground.
    [SPOILERS - kinda]

I read an interview with Andrew Scott (actor who plays Moriarty) and, without actually stating it outright, certainly danced around being back for series 3.

My guess is Molly is def involved, she could've fixed the autopsy and has a supply of cadavers readily available.

I think Holmes jumped into the refuse lorry that was parked nearby (when he spoke to Watson on the phone he made a point of asking him to remain where he was, suggesting maybe that the ruse would've been tumbled if Watson had seen it from another angle & then John was bumped by the cyclist to prevent him getting to the scene immediately before the swap took place) & everyone on the scene was part of his homeless network.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Big fan. KiwiNinja an admirer too I believe. The "morally compromised hero" is an old trope, but Olyphant does it with such a laconic cool it's hard not to love it.
    Good to hear, it's such an awesome show. As you say Olyphant is just the king of cool, and the gents who play Boyd Crowder & Limehouse do an exemplary job as well imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Missed the discussion on the Walking Dead a few pages back, but I'm glad the season finished well. It was getting bogged down before it came back for the second half of season 2 I felt, so I'm glad it finished on a really good note.

Also.
    I liked the slow pace, makes you care more about who ge's eaten, and makes you wish some others were chomped.

Good pic, but my fave is .

Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

[SPOILERS - kinda]

I read an interview with Andrew Scott (actor who plays Moriarty) and, without actually stating it outright, certainly danced around being back for series 3.

My guess is Molly is def involved, she could've fixed the autopsy and has a supply of cadavers readily available.

I think Holmes jumped into the refuse lorry that was parked nearby (when he spoke to Watson on the phone he made a point of asking him to remain where he was, suggesting maybe that the ruse would've been tumbled if Watson had seen it from another angle & then John was bumped by the cyclist to prevent him getting to the scene immediately before the swap took place) & everyone on the scene was part of his homeless network.
    [SPOILERS]

I don't think he jumped onto the lorry. It would have fooled Watson because of the angle, but it would not have fooled the sniper, who had a clear view from the terrace to the pavement (made obvious from when he shifted the focus of his view-finder off of Watson after Sherlock's body was carried away). The lorry might have served to merely obstruct the sniper's view of the pavement, but that would imply Sherlock having prior knowledge of his position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Or he could have worked it out.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    I liked the slow pace, makes you care more about who ge's eaten, and makes you wish some others were chomped.

so good
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobisback View Post
    Somerset: I give up. This is by FAR the dumbest thing ive ever seen. This could be the last season of survivor, cant see people continuing to watch the Colton show...
    And your wish has been granted! TBH I think this is the first time I've felt no sympathy towards a contestant after they've been medically evacuated. Even the one redeeming action he could've made, to give the idol to Alicia/Jonas/Tarzan, he failed to make. In saying that I have a strong feeling that he'll return at some point on a second chance season, unfortunately.

As far as the game goes, I'm beginning to like Kim. Shes getting a great edit, has an idol, a strong alliance with both the original and shuffled Salani tribe members, and looks to be a force in challenges. And know that the other idol has disappeared, her chances have only improved. Interesting to see how it plays out with the merge which really caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnners View Post
    Anyone else on here a fan of Justified btw?
    Yep, big Justified fan. Olyphant <3

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Or he could have worked it out.
    Yeah, he could have.

Re: The Reichenbach Fall

[SPOILERS]

My obsession with figuring out what happened has led me to what is either a brilliant piece of deduction or a continuity goof.

There are two Moriarty's. No random speculation. There's a bit of observation that backs me up (and perhaps shows that the writers are sticking closer to the canon than we might think).

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Re: The Reichenbach Fall

[SPOILERS]

My obsession with figuring out what happened has led me to what is either a brilliant piece of deduction or a continuity goof.

There are two Moriarty's. No random speculation. There's a bit of observation that backs me up (and perhaps shows that the writers are sticking closer to the canon than we might think).
    Go on then, I'll bite. Tell us where you saw/deduced this from.

You're itching to, I can tell.

Go on then, I'll bite. Tell us where you saw/deduced this from.

You're itching to, I can tell.
    I'm not itching, I'm positively bursting

[SPOILERS]

Moriarty the cabbie (who'd driven Holmes home after the kidnapped girl was recovered) was clean-shaven.

Later that night, when 'Rich Brook' walks into the journalist's home, he's sporting a goodish stubble. Holmes was subsequently speechless for pretty much the whole time, and Watson did all the talking. Holmes doesn't get fazed easily. IMO, he immediately deduced from the stubble that there were two Moriartys, and was figuring out the possibilities. 'Rich Brook' even palms his face in despair at one point, which was probably the writers drawing attention to the clue. I don't think it was a continuity goof.

^^^

Good work.

[SPOILERS - kinda]

Given the writers' attention to detail and obsession with minutiae I'm inclined to agree. Such an obvious continuity faux pas would've been spotted, I'm sure.

Thread Information