Page 190 of 341 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 5110
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Just finished seasons 5 & 6 of Dexter. Though 5 was plain rubbish, Lumen was a dreadful character. Season 6 was better, particularly enjoyed the Brother Sam storyline, shame it ended so quickly though. Not quite sure what to make of the finale, it was going to happen eventually, but it was a pretty rubbish way to do it imo.

Anyone else on here a fan of Justified btw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    The problem with the end of Season 6 for mine was that it could have pretty much been tacked on to the end of any episode ever. Rather rendered what went before it totally redundant. Best part of the season for mine was the brother Sam character, but like you say he was written out far too early. The quality started to suffer as soon as he was gone as well. The episode with Rudy in was total filler as well, another missed opportunity to take the show in a new direction, shame.

I wonder if they had initially planned on taking the psychologist angle forward for the next season, but received negative feedback and abandoned it, instead ending the season the way they did. As you say, it looked pretty much tacked on at the end.

[SPOILERS]

If they wanted him to be found out by any of the main characters, I'd have preferred it to be Quinn. Considering that they've got a couple of seasons to go, it's almost a given that she's going to keep his secret. She's going to struggle with it, but yeah, I don't see her deciding to out him unless she's going to be bumped off in some way too. Quinn's a pretty shady character, he could have gone in directions that would have made it interesting.
    Last edited by G.I.Joe; 23-03-2012 at 08:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Oh yeah, had actually pushed the psychologist story arc thing out of my mind. That was dumb. Hopefully they'll totally nix it for next season.

I still liked that they ended season 6 the way they did, the only problem was that it came two seasons too late. Hopefully it means that season 7 will take it in a new direction.

How do we think the series as a whole could end? Dexter's execution?

Howze, this is for you:

Game of Thrones opening theme sung by the Stark kids

Every time you see the opening from now on, this will remain in your head.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Will eventually get back into Dexter, and I really don't feel like watching S5 as I've often heard its rubbish (I watched the first few episodes and it was pretty meh). What I need to know is should I skip 5 altogether, read what what happens, and start watching 6?
    RIP Craigos

Watch it IMO. It may not be great, but skipping it altogether would make you feel out of sorts when you watch season 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Watch it IMO. It may not be great, but skipping it altogether would make you feel out of sorts when you watch season 6.
    Really? It was my impression that they basically retconned it.

Re: Dexter's end - State execution, IMO. Florida has the lethal injection. Poetic in a way, though I suppose the neck would have been more apt than the arms.

I don't think they'll wait until the very end to reveal his true identity, they'll probably have him on the run and explore the reactions of his colleagues and family in the meantime. There could be a manhunt after he's found out. He'll probably have unfinished business to wrap up while on the run, following the resolution of which he'll give himself up/get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Really? It was my impression that they basically retconned it.
    I guess itís down to personal viewing habits. I know that if I had skipped 5 altogether, I would be bothered with any references to the storylines that were mentioned in subsequent seasons (no matter how insignificant). Also, whether it worked or not, the Lumen plot plays a significant role in Dexterís life. And there is an important Quinn storyline as well.

Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Re: Dexter's end - State execution, IMO. Florida has the lethal injection. Poetic in a way, though I suppose the neck would have been more apt than the arms.

I don't think they'll wait until the very end to reveal his true identity, they'll probably have him on the run and explore the reactions of his colleagues and family in the meantime. There could be a manhunt after he's found out. He'll probably have unfinished business to wrap up while on the run, following the resolution of which he'll give himself up/get caught.
    I always thought he'll be killed by Deb. I've now taken out that possibility considering what happened in last season's finale.

Quote Originally Posted by nsniks View Post
    Watch "The Final Problem", Moriarty is great in that episodes
    I didn't get what you meant earlier. Got you now. I take it you're a fan of the canon.

Yeah, I just watched The Reichenbach Fall. Amazing viewing. I'm just pissed we'll have to wait a year or more now.

[SPOILERS]

Thoughts? Was that the real Moriarty and did he really just blow his brains out?! Wow. I think it's interesting that there was no mention of finding Moriarty's body up on the terrace. The writers mention that they've already put out a clue that explains how Sherlock did it. I suppose it's the fact that the little girl seemed to recognise Sherlock's face, which means there's either a look-a-like out there (the real Moriarty?) or the kidnapper wore a mask with Sherlock's face on it (which was my initial thought when she screamed). Sherlock needed Molly's help, so that's probably to do with a substitution of bodies. Sherlock lands on a ledge and survives the fall in the canon, so IMO the solution here involves a floor in the building, close to the ground.

Andthen there's the IOUs and the "You are me"...

International 12th Man blahblahblah's Avatar
    just watched game of thrones s02e00

really cant wait for it to begin! any more fans of this show here?

Thread Information