Page 187 of 340 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 5092
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Yeah fun show
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Off topic slightly but few things **** me more these days than the American TV schedule and the networks' decision to often just quite randomly have break weeks. When it's a sitcom or something it probably doesn't matter, but when you're trying to follow a show like Alcatraz or The Walking Dead that is more in the extended movie type format than the formulaic episode-to-episode stuff, having to wait a week between episodes kills the momentum enough as it without having to randomly week two weeks occasionally or have a big fat six-week long mid-season break. I don't even really get the logic; if anything it just invites viewers to try other shows from other networks in that timeslot.
    Sweeps are one of the many reasons for that tbh.

Sweeps ( A television ratings term)

What are "sweeps"? Sweeps are time periods when television stations/networks typically schedule programming designed to attract a larger than usual audience.

Why? Sweep period programming is designed to attract larger audiences who in turn are exposed to advertising commercial messages. Thus, when the ratings for the sweeps period are revealed, the TV station/network can charge its advertisers more money because more people watched.

When do sweeps occur? Typically four times a year: the months of February, May, July and November.
    Understanding Sweeps

AFAIK, it makes sense. Many people aren't too bothered with catching up on shows during December - January. With Christmas and the holiday season, a lot of people go on vacation.

December is also the exam month for many college/university students, then moving back home for the holidays, spending time with family etc. Also, the end of the NFL regular season and the playoffs take place during December-January. I can see the ratings dip for that reason as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    Lori is still ****ing annoying though. Bitch must die!
    Indeed. ****Spoilers Below****

Her reaction to Rick telling her what really happened between him and Shane made me want to strangle her. She was all Lady Macbeth a few episodes ago and basically urging him to do it and now she's shocked? GAGF!

Whenever I see the last post in OT is Fusion posting in this thread I always assume it's about Game Of Thrones. Keep getting disappointed.
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I haven't seen the last 2 episodes of the season for the Walking Dead, but I really hate that kid. Someone needs to throw him in the way of a zombie. The way he teased that zombie before he escaped and did you know what made me so angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Yeah, look, it gives me a pain deep inside my uterus to admit it, but it's Ajmal until such time as we get a working throwing law again.
    Never in a million years would I have thought Brumby to admit this!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Whenever I see the last post in OT is Fusion posting in this thread I always assume it's about Game Of Thrones. Keep getting disappointed.
    Here something that might increase ur excitement. They really going all out to promote this

House Alliegence Trailers!

Pledge Your Allegiance -- House Baratheon - YouTube

Pledge Your Allegiance -- House Stark - YouTube

Pledge Your Allegiance -- House Targaryen - YouTube

Pledge Your Allegiance -- House Lannister - YouTube

Pledge Your Allegiance -- House Greyjoy - YouTube

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    They have a really good marketing team. A lot of films don't even advertise this much.

I'm a stark through and through. Winter is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Haha, I actually had a ton of stuff to post, but I felt I might annoy non-fans so I resisted posting.

Well I don't want to actually go and find out **** about it myself, because that would make me some sort of fan or something.

*shudders*

Cricketer Of The Year Turbinator's Avatar
    One of my friends is absolutely nuts about this show and the books. He's also one of the biggest Lost fans I've come across. On top of it all, he loves baseball.

Think him and Fusion will get along really well. May even start their own sketchy, underground fan club.

1 The Sopranos
    2 Buffy
    3 Dexter
    4 X-Files
    5 West Wing for me.

Walking Dead will be up there soon if it carries on as it is. Andrew Lincoln was better in Teachers though, the zombie apocalypse needs Kurt and Brian, would cheer it up immensely.

Oh and I heart NYPD Blue, but they could have ended it when they started casting various annoying ex-child stars as sipowicz side-kick
    Last edited by grecian; 21-03-2012 at 12:41 PM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Had a friend at school who was absolutely obsessed with Buffy. Used to watch it whilst having my dinner back in the day, but never really got into it.

Got into Buffy in a big way a few years ago. More recently I've thought it tailed off quite heavily towards the last few series, and was mostly out-done by its own spin-off, but I'm still happy to nail to my colours to the Whedon mast.

Quote Originally Posted by turbinator View Post
    one of my friends is absolutely nuts about this show and the books. He's also one of the biggest lost fans i've come across. On top of it all, he loves baseball.

Think him and fusion will get along really well. May even get a civil union.
    :-o

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinator View Post
    Anyone here watch Suits?

Good show and some light entertainment, despite its unrealistic premise. Season 2 coming this summer.
    Yeah, big fan, actually.

Interesting twist on the Holmes/Watson relationship with Watson (Mike) as conscience & genius and Holmes (Harvey) as more or less complete undiluted sociopath.

Must admit I was watching for about three weeks until I got the pun in the title too.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Thread Information