Cricket Player Manager
Page 185 of 352 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 5266
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    I watched the pilot of Awake yesterday and thought it was pretty decent. Will be interesting to see if it gets better or worse though. Expecting the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Am watching 'Life's Too Short' at the moment and enjoying it immensely. I know it got mixed reviews, but I reckon it's pretty funny stuff. Certainly better than suffering through Big Bang Theory. If American comedy shows were bowlers you'd be able to pick what they were about to deliver as they started at the top of their run up.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

International 12th Man blahblahblah's Avatar
    anyone tried watching 'The River' ?

Somerset: I give up. This is by FAR the dumbest thing ive ever seen. This could be the last season of survivor, cant see people continuing to watch the Colton show...

Interesting exercise being conducted by Vulture magazine. Whatís the Best TV Drama of the Last 25 Years?. They shortlisted 16 dramas and have a judge evaluate two dramas each week and pick one to advance to the next stage. Obviously people will have strong opinions of the shows that ďmadeĒ the list and those that didnít, but I think overall they got it right. Iíve only seen 6 of the top 16 shows and hereís how I would rank them:

1. Sopranos
    2. The Wire
    3. Lost (probably my favorite show ever, but I recognize that the two above were better consistently and artistically)
    4. The West Wing
    5. Mad Men
    6. Breaking Bad

Finally got around to starting Breaking Bad tonight. It's pretty damn impressive.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Yeah, these things typically end up as The Wire v The Sopranos. Haven't properly watched The Sopranos so I can't judge that particular battle but of those I have watched The Wire is in a league of its own. Six Feet Under next, Breaking Bad possibly around the same level. Really depends on how the final season turns out. The West Wing and Battlestar Galactica are both brilliantly entertaining and among my favourites, but I'd put them a step below the ones I've already mentioned. Halfway through the second season of Twin Peaks aws, enjoying it but will reserve judgement. Used to watch Buffy when it was on sometimes but never really followed it as such, same with X-Files. Tried but never got into Mad Men or Lost. Haven't seen the rest but plan to watch Deadwood at some point.

My preferences are partly a function of the fact that I don't usually watch shows in progress, I generally watch full seasons after they've aired. Shows like The Wire that are, as the article says, focused on the overall arc rather than individual episodes are much better to watch in this way.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

I've tried to get into Lost several times and failed. I think I really needed to watch it live to "get it", as it thrived so much on audience speculation.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Having a strong Lost community was really good, but I would have still enjoyed Lost if there hadn't been one.

Yeah, I'd put them into tiers.

The Wire
    The Sopranos
    Mad Men
    Breaking Bad
    ---------------------
    Deadwood
    Battlestar Galactica
    Lost

I've seen bits and pieces of The West Wing, and same goes for X-Files I suppose. But I haven't watched them right through like the other shows, so they don't make it to my list.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobisback View Post
    Somerset: I give up. This is by FAR the dumbest thing ive ever seen. This could be the last season of survivor, cant see people continuing to watch the Colton show...
    Be interesting to see what the reaction to Colton was - personally I find him to be the most disgusting castaway ever, worse than Naonka, Dreamz, Fairplay, etc. I'd be surprised if the majority of viewers didn't share a similar view. Despite that, it was one of the craziest episodes in the history of the show and that sort of controversy won't hurt the ratings IMO - if anything it might create even more interest in the show with such a dislikable character. I'm sure the reaction to Russell assisted ratings so I wouldn't bet against a similar reaction to Colton.

Russell was a villian but he was playing the game. He was in it to go as far as he could. He played and will play again because he loves the game. Colton is just a princess who loves to be the center of attention. What makes it worse is that all of the men seem to be ********. None of them seem to know how to play the game.

Luckily though, I think in the next time part they eluded to new tribes. Hopefully then the girls will kill him off.

Also, would love to hear russell's reactions to being put in the same bracket as this guy :P

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Haven't seen Breaking Bad. But Mad Men, the Sopranos and the West Wing are miles ahead of all the others for me.

Never rated Battlestar Galactica or Lost, and could never get into the Wire for some reason.

International Coach Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Need to see West Wing, Wire, Sopranos and Battlestar.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    and could never get into the Wire for some reason.
    Says all that needs to be said about you ****.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Thread Information