Page 16 of 338 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Just watching some friends clips on You-Tube now. What a gun show that was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    I'm still bitter about BBC2 showing the signing of the Good Friday Agreement instead of the Simpsons.
    Manager XpertEleven side: BEST Indies FC: Won Champions Cup 1 season 5
    Premiership Last Man Standing: headhunter 26/10-26/11/07 Agent TBY & headhunter (tied) 08/08-25/08/08
    CW Blue - We are the Blues, we never lose.

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Always seen it on stupidly cheap offers, never got round to getting it. Watched the first 3 episodes and loved it, then work got in the way.

Another one i want to get, along the same lines, is the Sharpe series (saw it for 25 in Woolworths, if i had the money on me.....)
    Bought the Sharpe ones today for 29 quid, not bad for 14 DVD's. So managed to buy both in the last month, and not started watching any of them.

But they sure do look purretty on the shelf
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

International Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
    Nah. The America one is the best ever. Fact.
    One where they drove to the North Pole equals it IMO.
    MSN - tomhalsey123@hotmail.com

Manchester United FC: 20 Times

R.I.P. Sledger's Signature, 2004-2008

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamee999 View Post
    Nah. The America one is the best ever. Fact.
    AWTA
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

International Coach Barney Rubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Just started watching Arrested Development Season One due to much acclaim. 5 emmys or something aswell.

Thoughts? Worth the effort?
    I found Season 2 for 20 Euros the other day so I thought I'd buy it to pass the time. I'd seen the show before but not really gotten into it. I now think it's quite possibly the best thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Funke
    Oh, I'm sorry Michael, I didn't realise you were the ultimate authority on successful marriages...oh yes, that's right, your wife is dead.

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Watched a marathon of the show the other day. So gun.
    RIP Craigos

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Have almost finished the first season. Love it, but it's pretty samey each episode IMO.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Have almost finished the first season. Love it, but it's pretty samey each episode IMO.
    Just started rewatching it. I've seen it all a few times before, but each time I see an episode I pick up new things in it, I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Quote Originally Posted by andyc View Post
    Just started rewatching it. I've seen it all a few times before, but each time I see an episode I pick up new things in it, I love it.
    Yeah, that's what I like about it. There's so many levels to everything. You laugh at something, and then a second or two later you laugh again because it's funny for a totally different reason. Classic example:

Michael: I think George Michael may be hiding Anne in the attic.
    Lindsay: From who? The Nazis?

I'd also like to add that Prison Break is gun. It's by far and away the best of all the many, many shows that wish they were 24. Michael Scofield is one of the most interesting protagonists I've seen in recent times. Shame his brother's dull as.

International Vice-Captain headhunter's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Prison Break meh Lost ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    I'd also like to add that Prison Break is gun. It's by far and away the best of all the many, many shows that wish they were 24. Michael Scofield is one of the most interesting protagonists I've seen in recent times. Shame his brother's dull as.
    The new season was very sub par tbh. <<<<Spoilers ahead>>>>Scofield was reduced to being a love-sick puppy who didn't really get to accomplish anything in the end. All the strong characters from the previous season like Mahone and T-Bag were also reduced to being totally helpless and weak. I was very disappointed with the season.
    Last edited by Fusion; 04-12-2007 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    The new season was very sub par tbh. <<<<Spoilers ahead>>>>Scofield was reduced to being a love-sick puppy who didn't really get to accomplish anything in the end. All the strong characters from the previous season like Mahone and T-Bag were also reduced to being totally helpless and weak. I was very disappointed with the season.
    Do you mean season two or three? 'Cause Mahone wasn't even in season 1. You might mean Bellick. I've only seen the first two episodes of season 3.

I didn't like what they did with Scofield in season 2 quite so much, the story between him and Sara is getting a little dull.

What I was glad about in the second season is that there was much less focus on Linc. The actor who plays him does his job well, but the character is just so one-dimensional.

I don't know what you mean about T-Bag being made to look weak, though - I thought it was all the more powerful to see him build up an emotional connection to several different people throughout the season, only to go on and kill them anyway when they got between him and the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney Rubble View Post
    Do you mean season two or three? 'Cause Mahone wasn't even in season 1. You might mean Bellick. I've only seen the first two episodes of season 3.

I didn't like what they did with Scofield in season 2 quite so much, the story between him and Sara is getting a little dull.

What I was glad about in the second season is that there was much less focus on Linc. The actor who plays him does his job well, but the character is just so one-dimensional.

I don't know what you mean about T-Bag being made to look weak, though - I thought it was all the more powerful to see him build up an emotional connection to several different people throughout the season, only to go on and kill them anyway when they got between him and the money.
    I meant season 3. Since you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it any further for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    I meant season 3. Since you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it any further for you.
    Ah, okay. In that case ignore everything I said, too.

It's shaping up pretty well so far to my mind - if they do make the characters look weak, I'd imagine that's probably because they've gone to such lengths to make Sona look like the biggest, baddest, muthafreaker of a prison anyone's ever seen. So far after two episodes I have absolutely no idea how things are gonna develop, because they'd really struggle to create a storyline involving Scofield breaking this Whistler guy out that wasn't completely unfeasible!

Thread Information