Page 143 of 332 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 4976
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    The West Wing's a great show, there are a few fans on here. Tends much more towards lofty idealism than the gritty realism of say, The Wire, but that's part of its charm. It shouldn't be too difficult to understand if you know a little bit about how the US political system is organised. The show actually assumes very little knowledge and when it deals with more esoteric subjects they tend to be explained within the show. It might help to read a few wikipedia articles on US government beforehand if you're interested in watching it.
    Last edited by Adamc; 20-04-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    I really like your signature AdamC.

Spoiler free review of the latest Office episode: PURE ****ING AWESOME. [spoiler]The Dundies rocked! I will miss the Dundies and its amazing (true) host[/spoiler].

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Ta.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Spoiler free review of the latest Office episode: PURE ****ING AWESOME. [spoiler]The Dundies rocked! I will miss the Dundies and its amazing (true) host[/spoiler].
    Haha it was so awesome. Hilarious television.

[spoiler]When Erin breaks up with Gabe whilst accepting her award [/spoiler]
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Haha it was so awesome. Hilarious television.

[spoiler]When Erin breaks up with Gabe whilst accepting her award [/spoiler]
    So many gold moments. [spoiler]Meredith getting angry at Erin winning the best redhead award (by the way, Erin looked smoking hot this episode). Michael egging Tobyís house. Ryan expecting to win the hottie award. Michael teaching Deangelo to overcome his public speaking fear The Kingís Speech way. But the most touching moment, and call me easily swayed if you must, was the song at the end. Michaelís emotional reaction made the scene so poignant. Damn Iíll miss Steve Carell on the show![/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Three intriguing new series have started recently. Camelot, The Borgias, and Game of Thrones. Anyone keeping up with them? So far, all three have kept my interest. I'm a sucker for period pieces, and in the past I enjoyed Rome and The Tudors (though The Tudors in particular lost its quality greatly in the later seasons). I would say from the three new series, Game of Thrones has shown me the best potential, while Camelot seems the weakest of the lot. All are fairly early in their runs, so we'll know more as the season progresses. Hoping for multiple seasons' worth of enjoyment from them.
    Just came on here to talk about Game of Thrones. I'd heard about it on another message board where fans of the books had been complaining throughout the entire build up of minor changes they'd been making.

Having not read the books, I thought opening episode was seriously good. Doesn't try to do too much, just sets up the story really well. And the acting's excellent.

If I had one criticism it's that the nudity seems excessive. Not that I have a major problem with it, just that it had a bit of a pandering quality to what otherwise looks like a really mature, character-driven show.
    I'm always suspicious of shops that sell bait.

Newest episode of Community is so random. Still funny though

[spoiler]Got very meta, and then made fun of itself for being meta[/spoiler]

Newest episode of Community is so random. Still funny though

[spoiler]Got very meta, and then made fun of itself for being meta[/spoiler]
    Nah, IMO, the show's strength lies in being crisply funny without the emotional cluster**** every other episode like in some shows. I love Community usually but dislike it when they spend 75% of the time on non-funny fights and feel good getting-together movements.

Also reckon they under-use Chang in some episodes, He's far and away the best character in the show and they should really use him as a central situation character whenever possible.
    Last edited by Teja.; 22-04-2011 at 02:03 PM.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Nah I think you missed the point of the episode.

[spoiler]Here's a good review

I actually think you're taking the feel good moment too seriously. There actually wasn't one. They were taking the piss out of both clip shows and feel good moments.

Community is basically pop culture humour every episode. This was exactly that, except it made fun of clip shows instead of general shows.[/spoiler]

Simon Champion!
    They have reduced the romantic element in the second season of community as compared to the first.

Felt it added another element to the show which has been missing this season. Specially Jeff and Britta and the professor plus Annie also having romantic liaisions.

Nah I think you missed the point of the episode.

[spoiler]Here's a good review

I actually think you're taking the feel good moment too seriously. There actually wasn't one. They were taking the piss out of both clip shows and feel good moments.

Community is basically pop culture humour every episode. This was exactly that, except it made fun of clip shows instead of general shows.[/spoiler]
    [spoiler]Yeah, Jon, I got the fact that it was satirical, just felt that they didn't execute it very well, which is surprising because they're actually pretty good at satires. Certainly wasn't up to the standard of your average community episode.[/spoiler]
    Last edited by Teja.; 22-04-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Fixed spoiler tags

[spoiler]Yeah I agree that it wasn't as funny as your average Community episode, but that's because they took a risk. It's like saying the 30 Rock live-show wasn't as good as its usual standard. That's because they're changing things up.

Also the slow motion scenes with stances/glares was hilarious IMO. Had Ross and Rachel written all over it [/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah I agree that it wasn't as funny as your average Community episode, but that's because they took a risk. It's like saying the 30 Rock live-show wasn't as good as its usual standard. That's because they're changing things up.

Also the slow motion scenes with stances/glares was hilarious IMO. Had Ross and Rachel written all over it [/spoiler]
    [spoiler] Yeah, That, Chang oiling himself to go inside the hole after stripping off-camera and some of the memory scenes which did not happen in past episodes(Shirley's Nursery etc.) were the best parts of the show[/spoiler]

Anyway, The Wire is turning out to be an ATG bday gift, couldn't watch today but already done till the sixth episode of the second season in three days(The Gant Trial). Omar - WAFG.

EDIT:-Thanks Fusion

Anyone watch the latest 30 Rock?

Thread Information