Page 142 of 341 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 5114
Like Tree148Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Cricketer Of The Year Agent Nationaux's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Three intriguing new series have started recently. Camelot, The Borgias, and Game of Thrones. Anyone keeping up with them? So far, all three have kept my interest. I'm a sucker for period pieces, and in the past I enjoyed Rome and The Tudors (though The Tudors in particular lost its quality greatly in the later seasons). I would say from the three new series, Game of Thrones has shown me the best potential, while Camelot seems the weakest of the lot. All are fairly early in their runs, so we'll know more as the season progresses. Hoping for multiple seasons' worth of enjoyment from them.
    Fusion, it seems you have a talent for spotting great TV shows. The first episode of Game of Thrones was excellent (haven't read the books) and the Borgias series is great because it has everything that a good period piece needs (politics, intrigue, mystery, action, romance etc). Camelot was good at the start but has now gotten crap with (don't like the brooding Joseph Fiennes as merlin and the Arthur is a little boy, although I don't mind watching Eva Green as Morgan). Out of all of these Rome was the definitely the best. It may not have been accurate but the actors were top notch. Another good historical series is Spartacus, it's just exactly like the graphic novel film 300.

Other TV shows I like are Lost, Dexter and Breaking Bad. If you haven't seen Breaking Bad you have to watch it!!!

You seem to have similar tastes to me, AN.

I suggest checking out Mad Men.

Quote Originally Posted by KiWiNiNjA View Post
    You seem to have similar tastes to me, AN.

I suggest checking out Mad Men.
    I have seen Mad Men. It's a really good show but not up there amongst Lost and Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Caught a glance of The Office posts. SPOILERS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Haha yes, came here and read Fusion's reply to my post and was like "Fusion, you gotta put spoiler tags!"

I had already seen the episode myself but poor Nnanden
    Sorry Nnanden! I didn't think I was spoiling because whatever I mentioned was heavily promoted in previews in the US. I forgot that might not have been the case in other countries.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    We're still progressing through Season Five in Australia.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    I have seen Mad Men. It's a really good show but not up there amongst Lost and Breaking Bad.
    Woahhh, Lost better than Mad Men?

Strongly disagree.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Does Mad Men have a lot of Alison Brie? Might be worth watching if that is the case.
    Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? – Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

Strongly disagree.
    Yeah, AWTA.

Loving season four at the moment. Don's new receptionist is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    We're still progressing through Season Five in Australia.
    My apologies again. I'll definitely be more careful in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Nationaux View Post
    Other TV shows I like are Lost, Dexter and Breaking Bad. If you haven't seen Breaking Bad you have to watch it!!!
    I have heard a lot of good things about Breaking Bad. So much so that I have decided to order the first season of the show. If I like it, I'll catch up on it during the upcoming months where there's nothing but re-runs on TV.

Strongly disagree.
    I think Lost is marginally better than Mad Men. The thing with Lost is that it’s such a polarizing show. Most either love or hate it, and after the Finale aired, there seems to be more in the “hate” category than love. I thought it was such a brilliantly innovative show. I was engrossed in the story line, and unlike others, I didn’t feel the need for them to provide me “answers” to everything (though I would argue that they actually did provide answers to most everything, just not to the satisfaction of some of the fans). That’s not to say Mad Men doesn’t measure up or isn’t innovative itself. In fact, I think it’s the best current show on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Does Mad Men have a lot of Alison Brie? Might be worth watching if that is the case.
    She’s a minor supporting character. Definetly doesn’t get the same amount of screen time that she does on Community. But man, is she a heavenly site on Mad Men when dressed in a night robe for a little bit of “hanky panky”.

She’s a minor supporting character. Definetly doesn’t get the same amount of screen time that she does on Community. But man, is she a heavenly site on Mad Men when dressed in a night robe for a little bit of “hanky panky”.
    'Acquiring' the show aws then.

Alison Brie is awesome in Mad Men. You think she's there to portray the typical 60s housewife and then she'll suddenly tell Peter Campbell where to go. Best chick.
    I think Lost is marginally better than Mad Men. The thing with Lost is that it’s such a polarizing show. Most either love or hate it, and after the Finale aired, there seems to be more in the “hate” category than love. I thought it was such a brilliantly innovative show. I was engrossed in the story line, and unlike others, I didn’t feel the need for them to provide me “answers” to everything (though I would argue that they actually did provide answers to most everything, just not to the satisfaction of some of the fans). That’s not to say Mad Men doesn’t measure up or isn’t innovative itself. In fact, I think it’s the best current show on TV.
    They're such different shows that I don't think getting into a deep discussion of which is better will lead us anywhere, but Mad Men has so much depth to it. Like The Wire, it could easily be taught as a subject at school, such are the vast amounts of themes, but on top of that, its acting is brilliant and it has completely changed our generation's fashion and "what is cool". Hell the character Don Draper has transcended into a God.

They're such different shows that I don't think getting into a deep discussion of which is better will lead us anywhere, but Mad Men has so much depth to it. Like The Wire, it could easily be taught as a subject at school, such are the vast amounts of themes, but on top of that, its acting is brilliant and it has completely changed our generation's fashion and "what is cool". Hell the character Don Draper has transcended into a God.
    Yup, you’re probably right in saying that they’re vastly different shows and we can get into a 50 page discussion of which one is better. I could easily make the “depth, cool, and acting” argument in favor of Lost. Let’s just agree that they’re both awesome.

Alison Brie is awesome in Mad Men. You think she's there to portray the typical 60s housewife and then she'll suddenly tell Peter Campbell where to go. Best chick.
    It's a fair point that Mad Men could be taught to Marketing students because of it's brilliant ideas and concepts, although I wouldn't advice the regular drinking and smoking . And it's a great show with some fine acting but I personally prefer Lost (the suspense and drama is what makes it so good, along with the amazing music of course). By the way I really hate Don Draper, he is an arrogant prick who destroys everything around him without a care in the world.

Has anyone seen the West Wing? Did anyone actually understand the show? I tried watching it but everything just went over my head. There is so much bureaucracy in American politics. Too many departments and committees to even understand what is going on in the show.

No no, Mad Men goes well beyond a possible study for Marketing students. It has way more social commentary of the US, and the Western World in general, than just advertising techniques.

And the West Wing is awesome. Obviously you need to be familiar and have some interest in politics, and the American system in general, to appreciate it though. But it is an unbelievably brilliant show.

The end of season 3 is one of my favourite moments in television

"In the future, if anyone asks: 'Crime; Boy, I dunno', is when I decided to kick your ass!"

Jed Bartlet WAFG

Loved The West Wing. One of my favorite shows of all-time.

Thread Information