Page 137 of 345 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 5171
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

School Boy/Girl Captain Checkmate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah View Post
    anyone watches anime here ?
    Yea dude. Hajime no Ippo my favorite so far. What do you watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post
    Just watched the Dexter finale.

[spoiler]Pretty disappointed. Notwithstanding the usual loose ends and plot holes, the main resolutions made perfect sense - Deb's empathy with the vigilantes, Lumen's reason for leaving, Dexter clearing Quinn - but this far into the series I'm really just waiting for Dexter to get caught. Obviously they want to keep the series going as long as they can, but there isn't much more mileage in the will he/won't he storyline. Seems like the writers are making it up as they go along at this point, so many aborted or unresolved storylines and lazy plot devices (seriously, another car crash?). I think the writing would be much better if they knew with certainty when the series is going to end. [/spoiler]
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    AWTA entirely. Thought the whole thing was pretty underwhelming. [SPOILER] Agree wholeheatedly that they need to hurry up with him getting caught/some storyline in which he really really comes under suspicion. I thought that is what this series was going to be, and for the first few episodes that is how it seemed, but then it diverted onto this whole barrell girls thing, which whilst good, it has to be said was total filler. Also massive lol at the end when La Guerta said "here's the detective which solved the barrell girls case!", turns out finding another crime scene used by the assailants counts as "solving" the crime. Bah, wish they had just focused more on Quinn/Robocop putting Dexter under the cosh. Need to step up next year and actually write something good rather than making it up as it goes along. Would probably rank this lowest out of all the seasons so far.[/SPOILER]
    I agree with both of you for the most part. Though I still found the season as a whole to be entertaining. Yes, it’s becoming more and more implausible and rather silly that Dexter hasn’t been caught yet. That still doesn’t take away from the clever writing and outstanding performances by Michael C. Hall and the supporting cast. The problem is, as Sledger points out, the writers need an end date. Once they have that, they can write towards a natural conclusion of Dexter being caught/killed (most probably by Deb IMHO). I read an interview of the show’s creator, and he seems to agree. Here’s the specific question/answer and one more that I found interesting (some mild spoilers about the overall direction of the show):

[Spoiler]
    Will we have to wait until the end game for Deb to finally find out the truth about Dexter?
    [Or] it could be midway to the end game. We really want to figure out how long we want the show to run, so that we [can have] an end game. I will not let this show end with a whimper—it has to end with a bang…. What’s interesting is that we’ve laid the seeds in her character for a more nuanced reaction, so that whatever way we take, our audience goes, “Okay, that feels right,” rather than, “What???”

Speaking of loose ends, will we return to the Kyle Butler story line?
    Kyle Butler—and Jonah [Brando Eaton]—is still a hanging chad. When Quinn shows him a picture of Dexter and says, “Is this Kyle Butler,” Jonah’s first response is not, “Yeah, that’s the guy.” He’s protecting Dexter. This is a door that can be reopened. Lumen being alive is a hanging chad. Dexter does not drop the dime on Quinn [Desmond Harrington]. I love the fact that Dexter decides to again flout the Harry law, which is: Don’t get caught. It could have been a dead cert to put Quinn away, and yet, because he is in the flush of first love, he wants his sister to be happy so he gives Quinn a free pass.

Link[/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    AWTA entirely. Thought the whole thing was pretty underwhelming. [SPOILER] Agree wholeheatedly that they need to hurry up with him getting caught/some storyline in which he really really comes under suspicion. I thought that is what this series was going to be, and for the first few episodes that is how it seemed, but then it diverted onto this whole barrell girls thing, which whilst good, it has to be said was total filler. Also massive lol at the end when La Guerta said "here's the detective which solved the barrell girls case!", turns out finding another crime scene used by the assailants counts as "solving" the crime. Bah, wish they had just focused more on Quinn/Robocop putting Dexter under the cosh. Need to step up next year and actually write something good rather than making it up as it goes along. Would probably rank this lowest out of all the seasons so far.[/SPOILER]
    Disagree on this being the worst season. #3 was the worst for me. A massive lol for me was when [SPOILER] when the fruit vendor speasking Spanish was able to tell Debra where a 20yr old camp never used was on a major road.[/SPOILER]
    For as long as there is limited overs cricket - of ten, twenty or fifty overs - there will remain the Sri Lankan spinners' mid-innings choke

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    2 was the worst. Getting rid of Doakes was lame.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    2 was the worst. Getting rid of Doakes was lame.
    Should have basically reordered it to make season 2 happen after season 4 imo, though I didn't like Doakes being written out, the storyline and build up to his demise was fantastic. They should have saved all they did there for the final season imo, only maybe change the ending of it slightly.

Doctor Who Christmas special soon, Looking forward to it tstl.

Wondering if they'll make it hilariously ridiculous like the Minogue one, or try for something a bit more serious...

Nah, will be ridiculous.

Wondering if they'll make it hilariously ridiculous like the Minogue one, or try for something a bit more serious...

Nah, will be ridiculous.
    Haha, the trailers make it look quite serious. Michael Gambon ftw. Though...it is some sort of remake of A Christmas Carol.... Don't have any particular expectations for it really, other than being something entertaining to look forward to on Christmas day, wonder if there are any other Christmas specials worth watching coming up actually.

Haven't seen ads for it obviously so don't know what to expect. Would be nice if they showed it here on Christmas day as well.

Haven't seen ads for it obviously so don't know what to expect. Would be nice if they showed it here on Christmas day as well.
    Reckon it should be available for download fairly soon after it is aired tbh, either that or use a proxy and go on i-player

Saw Generation Kill. Thought it was excellent, as you'd expect with David Simon at the helm. However, do not agree that it is superior to Band of Brothers. You just can't compete with the Bastogne episode, or the liberating of the concentration camp, the first episode when they're training and duelling with Schwimmer etc. The characters were good in Generation Kill, but nothing like Guarnere, Winters, Nixon, the doctor and a heap others.
    Last edited by pasag; 18-12-2010 at 10:17 AM.

Doctor Who, a bit weird and didn't really make a lot of sense. But who gives a ****, WAG anyway.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Yeah, I only tend to watch it on Christmas Day and I usually don't enjoy it that much, but thought it was pretty good. Matt Smith is awesome, as good as David Tennant.

Also happen to know (well I don't really know him personally, but he lives a few minutes away from me and I know a lot of people who do) the guy who played the young adult version of Kazran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

That was a pretty good Christmas ep for Doctor Who. Would go as far to say the best one I've seen.

Finally just started watching The Walking Dead.

Amazing television, but at times I crawl up into a ball, **** myself and call for my mummy. Freaky ****.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Thread Information