Cricket Player Manager
Page 136 of 349 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 5232
Like Tree174Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobisback View Post
    Well, it would be better to not read it as I was just saying who I thought had a good chance of winning at my point in the series, which is a few episodes ahead of you.
    I'll avoid that then. For what its worth I'm backing [spoiler]Jud/Fabio, Alina, Brenda and Marty[/spoiler] (in spoiler tags just in case someone's got the show with an even longer delay than we do) to do well from what I've seen so far - that might be completely different in an episode or two's time but we'll see what happens.

International 12th Man blahblahblah's Avatar
    anyone watches anime here ?

Becoming quite a fan of The Life & Times of Tim. Hilarious show.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Dexter is such a ridiculous show. But I love it so much. Most recent episode was so great.

Am actually quite disappointed with how this series of Dexter has panned out, it really has reached new levels of farce.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Enjoyed the last few episodes. The storyline is ridiculous, but it always has been. Think I've got the finale mostly figured out, just not sure what's going to happen to [spoiler]Lumen.[/spoiler]
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post
    Enjoyed the last few episodes. The storyline is ridiculous, but it always has been. Think I've got the finale mostly figured out, just not sure what's going to happen to [spoiler]Lumen.[/spoiler]
    Yeah more or less my sentiment as well. [spoiler]It seems more and more apparent that Deb will eventually catch on to Dexterís extra-curricular activities. I donít think they can hold off on that scenario any longer than next season. Next season has been confirmed btw[/spoiler].

I know it's always been a bit of a stretch, but I just think everything has just gone a little bit too far this time. For example [spoiler] The robocop cop tazers Dexter and pulls him into the fan to get a confession because "the state wouldn't approve of me not having a warrant", sure thing buddy, pretty sure they'll love this hands on approach of yours, and the baby monitor picking up the hidden camera signal, no, just no. Annoyingly, I imagine the start of next series will be much the same as the start of this one, with Quinn becoming suspicious of Dexter...the Lumen storyline has been good, but has felt like filler in the greater context of things. I imagine Lumen will probably be written out somehow though, as Julia Styles' contract is up, and I don't think it's being renewed. Don't really mind though, find her generally annoying. In any case, I expect Deb will find out about Dexter, but not in this series.[/spoiler]

Reckon this should be the shocking twist ending tbh.

Yes imo.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Anyone watching "The Event"? We're about four episodes into the season in NZ and I've been watching it; impressed with those initial episodes so far, so hoping it continues in that form. Better than Flashforward's early episodes anyway IMO.

Misfits - pretty much answers the question: "What if Heroes was 1000 times better?" Loving the new season. Pity it's so brief.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Bought all 5 seasons of The Wire on black friday. Rewatching the whole thing as we speak. So good.
    Forever 63* at the SCG

Just watched the Dexter finale.

[spoiler]Pretty disappointed. Notwithstanding the usual loose ends and plot holes, the main resolutions made perfect sense - Deb's empathy with the vigilantes, Lumen's reason for leaving, Dexter clearing Quinn - but this far into the series I'm really just waiting for Dexter to get caught. Obviously they want to keep the series going as long as they can, but there isn't much more mileage in the will he/won't he storyline. Seems like the writers are making it up as they go along at this point, so many aborted or unresolved storylines and lazy plot devices (seriously, another car crash?). I think the writing would be much better if they knew with certainty when the series is going to end. [/spoiler]

Just watched the Dexter finale.

[spoiler]Pretty disappointed. Notwithstanding the usual loose ends and plot holes, the main resolutions made perfect sense - Deb's empathy with the vigilantes, Lumen's reason for leaving, Dexter clearing Quinn - but this far into the series I'm really just waiting for Dexter to get caught. Obviously they want to keep the series going as long as they can, but there isn't much more mileage in the will he/won't he storyline. Seems like the writers are making it up as they go along at this point, so many aborted or unresolved storylines and lazy plot devices (seriously, another car crash?). I think the writing would be much better if they knew with certainty when the series is going to end. [/spoiler]
    AWTA entirely. Thought the whole thing was pretty underwhelming. [SPOILER] Agree wholeheatedly that they need to hurry up with him getting caught/some storyline in which he really really comes under suspicion. I thought that is what this series was going to be, and for the first few episodes that is how it seemed, but then it diverted onto this whole barrell girls thing, which whilst good, it has to be said was total filler. Also massive lol at the end when La Guerta said "here's the detective which solved the barrell girls case!", turns out finding another crime scene used by the assailants counts as "solving" the crime. Bah, wish they had just focused more on Quinn/Robocop putting Dexter under the cosh. Need to step up next year and actually write something good rather than making it up as it goes along. Would probably rank this lowest out of all the seasons so far.[/SPOILER]

Thread Information