Page 135 of 345 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 5171
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    Been there done that as well actually, loved it too ftr

Have never actually watched an episode of The Soprano's actually, (not exactly sure why..) worth it? Compare to The Wire?
    The Sopranos. Hands down, the greatest TV show ever!
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Yeah, Sopranos and Six Feet Under both amazing shows.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Finished season 3 of The Wire. Will probs buy S4 tomorrow.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Am worrying about Dexter a bit, [spoiler]have a feeling that this new female character may play the role of Lila/Miguel Prado/Trinity from previous seasons and we get some sort amalgamation re-hash of those storylines, with Dexter thinking he has found a new friend or someone who understands him only to then decide they are bat**** insane and bump them off. The new dodgy policeman who is working with Quinn to do the investigation should be good though, was worried that if it was just Quinn alone he would turn into James Doakes #2.[/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Am worrying about Dexter a bit, [spoiler]have a feeling that this new female character may play the role of Lila/Miguel Prado/Trinity from previous seasons and we get some sort amalgamation re-hash of those storylines, with Dexter thinking he has found a new friend or someone who understands him only to then decide they are bat**** insane and bump them off. The new dodgy policeman who is working with Quinn to do the investigation should be good though, was worried that if it was just Quinn alone he would turn into James Doakes #2.[/spoiler]
    [SPOILER]I was more worried about Quinn turning into Doakes 2.0 than the new girl being a rehash of the aforementioned characters. I don’t think Dexter will off her. That would be against his way of doing things. She’s “innocent” in his world as her actions derive from what happened to her. She’s only going to target the guys who wronged her. However, if Dexter does kill her to save himself from being brought down by an unhinged personality, his character would take an interesting leap into darker territory. Perhaps may not be a bad approach to take in the evolution of the show.[/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    [SPOILER]I was more worried about Quinn turning into Doakes 2.0 than the new girl being a rehash of the aforementioned characters. I don’t think Dexter will off her. That would be against his way of doing things. She’s “innocent” in his world as her actions derive from what happened to her. She’s only going to target the guys who wronged her. However, if Dexter does kill her to save himself from being brought down by an unhinged personality, his character would take an interesting leap into darker territory. Perhaps may not be a bad approach to take in the evolution of the show.[/spoiler]
    [spoiler] Isn't this meant to be the final season though? If he were to bump her off then that wouldn't really be till the end of the season, and wouldn't leave much room for expansion [/spoiler]

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    [spoiler] Isn't this meant to be the final season though? If he were to bump her off then that wouldn't really be till the end of the season, and wouldn't leave much room for expansion [/spoiler]
    This is supposed to be the final season? I hadn't realized that. Did they announce that officially?

Quick google search doesn't turn anything up, but I was under the impression it was for some reason. I guess we'll have to wait and see. In a sense I kind of hope it is the final season, because I think the amount of storylines they can use is becoming more and more depleted, there is only so many ways you can go through the whole "is he going to be caught? is he going to get away with it again?" thing.

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Anyone else watching survivor?

[spoiler]
    Surely Brenda is going to win this, everyone else will blow themselves up, while she does the usual thing the pretty girls do in this show, just smile and get what they want.

Marty still in is a shock, every week they decide to go against him is another week he gets closer to a million. If he gets a couple of immunities in a row, I could see him getting some friends and taking them to the final 3, chuck in another hidden immunity Idol for him, he could easily win this.
    [/spoiler]
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Of course. How much of a spoiler is your spoiler? Not overly keen to click it and find who wins or something along those lines. We're three episodes into the series in New Zealand, I said after the first episode that it was somewhat of a letdown after the Heroes vs Villians season which I thoroughly enjoyed, and I'm still not completely into this series yet TBH.

How highly do people rate X-Files? Watched it on and off years ago but I don't remember too much about the show specifically. Been thinking about watching it again.

I still enjoy them, watched a load of re-runs a few months back. I find they haven't aged that well though, the earlier episodes do look a bit corny and dated, but still good value. Cancer man or whatever he is called is great, one of the best parts of the show for mine.

Find Dexter is stretching credibility to absolute breaking point now, beginning to get slightly fed up with it.

Dexter always gets irresistably good towards the end of the season though.

Agree that this season is the weakest to date though.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad View Post
    How highly do people rate X-Files? Watched it on and off years ago but I don't remember too much about the show specifically. Been thinking about watching it again.
    It's an amazing show that brilliantly fused the monster of the week and the central story arc. As Sledger alluded to, the special effects especially of the earlier episodes look a bit dated, but still as scary as ever, especially because they never relied on special effects to much.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset View Post
    Of course. How much of a spoiler is your spoiler? Not overly keen to click it and find who wins or something along those lines. We're three episodes into the series in New Zealand, I said after the first episode that it was somewhat of a letdown after the Heroes vs Villians season which I thoroughly enjoyed, and I'm still not completely into this series yet TBH.
    Well, it would be better to not read it as I was just saying who I thought had a good chance of winning at my point in the series, which is a few episodes ahead of you.

Thread Information