Page 105 of 331 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 4952
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson View Post
    She made staying up for the uncut version worthwhile. I've never had so much fun at 9:30pm.
    It certainly was a case of quantity over quality.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Next weeks Doctor Who nicely set up. Should be pretty sweet.

"There's one thing you never put in a trap. Me."
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Desmond.
    awta brother
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Anyone been watching The Pacific at all? Have seen all the six that've come out so far, loving it. Being woefully ignorant of the fighting that took place in the Pacific during WWII probably helps, but it's crazy to realise how close the Japanese actually came to Australia. Think it's a real pity that they're only focusing on American soldiers though, because something like the Kokoda Track would've fit in really well IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Seen the first two episodes that have come out on Channel 7 so far. Not really impressed so far and I really disliked the episode based in Melbourne. Band of Brothers was so much better but still a bit too go I guess.

Been watching the Home Improvement marathon this afternoon. So good
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Seen the first two episodes that have come out on Channel 7 so far. Not really impressed so far and I really disliked the episode based in Melbourne. Band of Brothers was so much better but still a bit too go I guess.

Been watching the Home Improvement marathon this afternoon. So good
    Quite liked the Melbourne episode tbh, was cool to see a 1940s Melbourne, and the accents were actually pretty genuine. I've never seen Band of Brothers myself, mostly due to laziness, so maybe that's why I'm enjoying it so much.

Yeah it was good to see 1940s Melbourne. I know it should be expected, coming from American producers, but it was so one sided.

I'm studying the history of American/Australian alliance right now and we just went over this time period so its annoying to see such a one sided account that ignores many of the other things that happened when American soldiers stayed in Australia. it's even more annoying to know that many people will now think its that way...if you know what i mean

Band of Brothers is a must see btw.
    Last edited by GotSpin; 26-04-2010 at 04:06 AM.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Got_Spin View Post
    Yeah it was good to see 1940s Melbourne. I know it should be expected, coming from American producers, but it was so one sided.

I'm studying the history of American/Australian alliance right now and we just went over this time period so its annoying to see such a one sided account that ignores many of the other things that happened when American soldiers stayed in Australia. it's even more annoying to know that many people will know think its that way...if you know what i mean

Band of Brothers is a must see btw.
    Speaking of this, anyone in Melbourne get to that 'Overpaid, Oversexed and Over Here' exhibition they had on Collins St/Swanston St about a month ago? Was pretty interesting.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Did it happen to mention the 'battle of Brisbane'?

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Just watched the latest Doctor Who Episode. Loved it, but was so pissed off that it is a two parter. Next week is too far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Been massive butthurt over here due to some trailer for the show that was following Doctor Who being broadcast over the top of the Doctor's "one thing you never put in a trap speech" at the end of the episode, or so I've heard, not yet watched the episode myself. Still, quite amusing.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobisback View Post
    Just watched the latest Doctor Who Episode. Loved it, but was so pissed off that it is a two parter. Next week is too far away.
    Two parter doesn't me as much as River Song. Such an annoying character. Finding it so hard to like her.

Actually, scratch that. Annoying actor. Just...is wrong.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, N Broom, Craig Cachopa, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, I Sodhi, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

I just watched the first three episodes of Eureka. Does an ongoing story ever develop or is each episode its own experimental mishap in a bubble?
    ~ Cribbage

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    An English mate of mine put me on to a show called 'How Not To Live Your Life'. Well worth a watch, it's generally pretty funny.

Also been watching 'Gavin and Stacey' on his recommendation. It's also good.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

School Boy/Girl Captain GraemeSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    I just watched the first three episodes of Eureka. Does an ongoing story ever develop or is each episode its own experimental mishap in a bubble?
    I don't watch the show but from what I know there is no ongoing story... each episode is standalone.

I've been watching Curb Your Enthusiam on dvd and the show kills me with laughter. It reminded of Afridi's "ball biting" incident which seems exactly like something Larry would do on the show.

Thread Information