cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 101 of 512 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 7669
Like Tree1106Likes

Thread: The TV show thread (many spoilers)

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Lucille: Oh, Michael, you're crazy.
    Michael: I certainly hope so.
    Lucille: I'm trying to seduce him.
    Michael: Who's the "I" in that sentence?
    Lucille: Me!
    Michael: You?
    Narrator: Her.

"Her?"
    "She's really funny."
    "Well, let's hope so."
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Rewatching Band of Brothers over the break, it's an incredible cinematic experience. Had forgotten how good it was.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post

Rewatching Band of Brothers over the break, it's an incredible cinematic experience. Had forgotten how good it was.

Started watching it again myself tonight. So good.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Not as good as the first but not far off. Tbh the first will always be the best because it's the funniest and most lighthearted season, after that things get a bit more realistic showing how frustrating and depressing things can be on a daily basis and whilst necessary loses a tiny bit of what made the first season brilliant (not to say there aren't heaps of LOL worthy moments right up to the very end...)
    Yeah, probably not as good as the first but enjoyed it a lot (finished it already ftr). Worth it for the final scene alone as Bartlet prepares to address the press conference. I'm loath to admit it but I found it pretty inspiring. Wish they didn't give Donna so much airtime though, so ****ing annoying.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adamc View Post
    Yeah, probably not as good as the first but enjoyed it a lot (finished it already ftr). Worth it for the final scene alone as Bartlet prepares to address the press conference. I'm loath to admit it but I found it pretty inspiring. Wish they didn't give Donna so much airtime though, so ****ing annoying.
    That's probably my favourite scene of any TV show ever. That second when he puts his hands in his pockets, spine tingling stuff.

Disagree re: Donna, one of my favourite characters. Her interactions with Josh are gold and they only get better as the show goes on.

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Dr Who last night was great. Tennant's replacement has already won me over. WAG.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NZTailender's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Dr Who last night was great. Tennant's replacement has already won me over. WAG.
    Haha, sweet cream on an ice cream sandwich, that was ****ing awesome! He's already won me over as well. As for the story, so gun. Pretty much the point of it was 'I can do things without my sonic screwdriver and TARDIS thankyouverymuch.' Moffat, WAG.

[spoiler]lol Daleks and Cybermen(man?) will show up. Somehow, even though it was a brief trailer, it looks as though it won't suck.[/spoiler]
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    Haha, sweet cream on an ice cream sandwich, that was ****ing awesome! He's already won me over as well. As for the story, so gun. Pretty much the point of it was 'I can do things without my sonic screwdriver and TARDIS thankyouverymuch.' Moffat, WAG.

[spoiler]lol Daleks and Cybermen(man?) will show up. Somehow, even though it was a brief trailer, it looks as though it won't suck.[/spoiler]
    Haha, yeah the whole thing was so incredibly great. There is something about Matt Smith which is just very likeable, whenever Tennant played the fool I would usually hate it, but he always did the serious stuff really well. However, Smith has already shown that he can do the serious side of things well and is actually really entertaining whilst clowning around. And the new assistant, already prefer her to Rose/Martha/Donna, and not just to look at. It's set everything up perfectly and like you say, it looks like the rest of the series should be a ripper and not totally blow. Really surpassed expectations so far, really looking forward to the next episode.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NZTailender's Avatar
    Haha, yeah the whole thing was so incredibly great. There is something about Matt Smith which is just very likeable, whenever Tennant played the fool I would usually hate it, but he always did the serious stuff really well. However, Smith has already shown that he can do the serious side of things well and is actually really entertaining whilst clowning around. And the new assistant, already prefer her to Rose/Martha/Donna, and not just to look at. It's set everything up perfectly and like you say, it looks like the rest of the series should be a ripper and not totally blow. Really surpassed expectations so far, really looking forward to the next episode.
    Have to agree with everything here. Smith is very good all-round, whereas Tennant, as gun as he is, really had 2 modes and not much in-between. The new companion is gun too, and also agree with the implication that she's the best looking. Rose and Martha were attractive but didn't have *it* for me, and Donna was...Catherine Tate. Amelia though, freckles, red hair, good smile, and that's just the head

The whole show seems to be shot in a more cinematic way as well. Was dead impressed with the composition and lighting, especially a close up of the Doctor early on in the episode when he's in the garden with young Amelia. New opening credits and theme (that happens for every Doctor iirc) are gun as well. Just can't wait until the next episode, haven't been this excited about the series since John Simm turned up as the Master.

Edit: was discussing this with a friend last night, and she made a good observation that if you were given free reign over a Doctor Who episode/series, you'd want to bring the Daleks in as well. Have to agree with that.
    Last edited by NZTailender; 05-04-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by age_master View Post
    I watched the first couple of episodes and wasn't that impressed.
    I can see why tbh, but I stuck with it (mainly because I downloaded all f them at once and didn't want it to be for nothing) and am really glad. Like it better than BSG in a lot of ways, no real "filler" episodes like we saw with that. There's a point to everything it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

There is something about Matt Smith which is just very likeable
    AWTA.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman View Post
    AWTA.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie

“The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."
    - JK Galbraith

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

After reading so many glowing reviews about it on CW, I watched and finished the first season of Dexter. Glad I did, it's an awesome show and I'm hooked. Will expect to finish season 2 by the week's end.

The latest episode of Lost (“Happily Ever After”)…WOW. Probably the best episode of the season and one of the best ever. It basically puts the whole thing in the last gear towards the finale. [Spoiler]The episode finally connects the Island world to the flash-sideways world. I like the symmetry of Desmond being the person who seemingly is aware of both worlds and must now attempt to…destroy one? Does it seem to anyone else that the castaways will perhaps be given a choice as to which world they want to live in? I think both worlds will exist in the end. It was nice to see Charlie and Faraday as well. Awesome episode overall. Will be crying my eyes out at the finale.[/spoiler]

dr who last night was great. Tennant's replacement has already won me over. Wag.
    awta

Thread Information