Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 529

Thread: Music from Subcontinent

  1. #496
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Reason I admire Sonu Nigam so much is because he has sung some really hard songs. Here are few:

    Yeh Dil Deewana - Pardes - YouTube
    Satrangi Re - YouTube
    Tu Hawa Hai..Fiza Hai (Title Song) - Fiza - YouTube

    This last one in particular, where he goes "Fizaaaa" is so impossible to mimic. Most other songs, by most singers can be at least hummed by just about anyone. Few things that Sonu does are just unique to him. It's sad though that he has moved away from the mainstream for no reason.
    Rafi's career is full of songs that many singers could only dream of singing. He is one of very few singers who could sing almost every form of hindustani music (Qawwalis, Bhajans, Sufi, Ghazals, Classicals,Folks,Regional, Sufi, Bollywood or any other style).

    Meri Duniya Lut Rahi Thi - Mohammed Rafi - Qawwali - MR. & MRS. 55 (1955) - YouTube

    His pronunciation and command over language(s) was impeccable and I have not heard another singer who could be anywhere close and that itself is half the battle won.

    This is not a knock on Sonu Nigam, I think he is a great singer but I still have not heard him sing enough Classicals, Ghazal, Qawwali or pure hindustani classical that can equate him with Rafi.

    Ofcourse not of all is his fault because they don't make music like that anymore.

  2. #497
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    In terms of pure voice, I'd say Rafi > Kishore > Sonu. I think Rafi had the purest voice of any desi singer I ever heard. The thing is though, I always thought Kishore was more versatile than Rafi and Sonu. I think Rafi and Sonu have that classic "soft" voice that sounds like honey in your ears. Kishore perhaps didn't have as good a voice as them, but he could adapt better to sing various types of songs. He could sing a soft romantic ballad like "Yeh Shaam Mastani" or "Pal Pal Dil Ke Pas", but could also be equally effective singing fun, fast-beat songs like "Khaike Pan Banaras Wala" or "Apni toh jaisay taisay".

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Rafi and Sonu weren't/aren't versatile. I'm just saying that Kishore's overall body of work is more versatile than theirs IMO.
    I am a great fan of Kishore (Who isn't) and love his voice but I disagree that he was more versatile than Md. Rafi.

  3. #498
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,737
    one of my all time favorites

    such an outstanding rendition of Faiz Ahmed Faiz's poetic masterpiece

    beautiful voice........must for lovers of this genre....Tina Sani

    Bahar aai to jaisay -Tina sani(PTV Live) [HD] - YouTube

  4. #499
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!


  5. #500
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947

  6. #501
    International Coach G.I.Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    10,947
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Michalis Violaris - Ta Rialia - YouTube Will it never end??

  7. #502
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Rahat was in Montreal a month ago went to see him sing live. What a singer! One of the best live performances I have ever seen...
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

  8. #503
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Just understood that Ali Azmat sang Jism 2's title song...and what a song...after such a long time heard this guy after Junoon's break up...still got a killer voice.

    Ali Azmat - Ye Jism Hai To Kya - Full Song - JISM 2 (2012) - YouTube

  9. #504
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,737
    have to say, it does sound pretty good

  10. #505
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    If you like that... listen to this one I think its even better...second song he did for Jism 2 ...again killed it...may be I like it because me being a die hard fan of Ali Azmat.

    jism 2 - Ishq Bhi Kiya Re Maula - Ali Azmat (Official Full Song) ExBollyHD - YouTube

  11. #506
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,737
    wow.....this 2nd one is indeed even better.....

    and I do think Ali Azmat has an awesome voice

    although personally not a big fan of him for some reason.

  12. #507
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    wow.....this 2nd one is indeed even better.....

    and I do think Ali Azmat has an awesome voice

    although personally not a big fan of him for some reason.
    I have been a die hard fan of Junoon but especially Ali Azmat. He is different from other singers in Pakistan.

  13. #508
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,737
    he is too much of a drama baaz for my liking. Too much of an attention seeker which is why I never liked him

  14. #509
    International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,272
    Quote Originally Posted by smalishah84 View Post
    he is too much of a drama baaz for my liking. Too much of an attention seeker which is why I never liked him
    tbh I am a die hard fan of his singing rather than who he is as a person and mind you he has sent a lot of good messages with his singing and is heavily involved in charity work. Unlike Salman who took of to NY and based on his experience from being part of Junoon became a big name professor. Ali Azmat didn't exploit his Junoon CV like Salman did and is doing good work for the poor as well.

    Attention seeker/dramay baaz may be...but the good out weighs the bad in his case imo.

  15. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,737
    you are indeed his die hard fan......

    one of the funny things that got out about him was from this model that he was dating called Vanzeeza Abdullah and she said to some friends at a party "Ali Azmat has a 2 inch dick"

    LOL

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Subcontinent Shuffle
    By silentstriker in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 17-04-2007, 04:28 AM
  2. Battle of the Subcontinent
    By silentstriker in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1316
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 07:19 PM
  3. Which team plays the best in the Subcontinent?
    By Turbinator in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-11-2006, 06:19 PM
  4. Which Subcontinent Team Is The Best
    By Turbinator in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-08-2006, 03:14 PM
  5. Biggest six hitters outside the subcontinent
    By ramkumar_gr in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 15-11-2005, 02:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •