Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Music from Subcontinent

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Warrior View Post
    Anyway people, ignore GI Joe and listen to some real music

YouTube - Dil to bacha hai jee .. ishqiya full song..

This is the song I have been obsessed with for the last few days..
    Vishal Bhardwaj-Gulzar-Rahat Fateh Ali Khan... a fan's dream come true

Daat Se Reshmi Dor Katti Nahin

This is called lyrics...Somebody give Gulzar a Nobel already
    Gulzaar saab is an amazingly gifted writer and movie maker. His entire work is just awesome.

vcs
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.Joe View Post
    Haha, there is an element of mischief to bringing that song up, but it is good music, tbf. I've lol'd at Altaf's voice at the time, and his instrument set pieces seem amateurish and low brow, but the song does grow on you. Probably wouldn't play it in presence of company (), but I can appreciate it for what it is.
    Yep. It's squarely in the "so terrible it's good" category.

vcs
    Haha, there is an element of mischief to bringing that song up, but it is good music, tbf. I've lol'd at Altaf's voice at the time, and his instrument set pieces seem amateurish and low brow, but the song does grow on you. Probably wouldn't play it in presence of company (), but I can appreciate it for what it is.
    So do tumours.

haha, touche
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    If GI 'Best Poster On The Forum' Joe says it then it must be true.
    Athlai doesn't lie. And he doesn't do sarcasm either, so you know it's true!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz View Post
    It is 20 USD for a ticket here, Booked for the entire week. Regular movie tickets cost 8 USD.
    Wait, what? $20 for a single ticket? That's insane! There must me a big demand for South movies in Pitt. The local desi theater in Dallas is showing it for $8, which is normal price for them. Even when they hike up a price for an Aamir or Shahrukh movie, they only hike it to $10. I don't care what movie it is or who's starring in it, there's no way in hell I'm paying $20 for a ticket!

But Rajni is bigger than Shah Rukh, Aamir, Amitabh put together. And its not that he can't do 'proper' cinema, its just that he chooses not to. Check out some of his earliest movies. He's done everything from the sinister villian and angry young man to sober mythological characters. Not saying he's necessarily a better actor than them (although he might be, I don't know), just that he wasn't always larger than life. I don't know which movie slotted him into playing the 'superstar' again and again. Probably Arunachalam.
    Last edited by G.I.Joe; 05-10-2010 at 12:00 PM.

But Rajni is bigger than Shah Rukh, Aamir, Amitabh put together. And its not that he can't do 'proper' cinema, its just that he chooses not to. Check out some of his earliest movies. He's done everything from the sinister villian and angry young man to sober mythological characters. Not saying he's necessarily a better actor than them (although he might be, I don't know), just that he wasn't always larger than life. I don't know which movie slotted him into playing the 'superstar' again and again. Probably Arunachalam.
    I don't doubt his star power at all. I'm sure he's everything you say and more. I'm just shocked that any movie, whether desi or Hollywood (not counting 3D films), would price a ticket at $20. I've primarily lived in two cities in the States (Dallas and Atlanta) and in both cities I've never seen a movie ticket for more than $10 (and that too for only an Aamir or Shahrukh film which are always big here). And according to Sanz, it's booked for the week! Like I said before, I can't fathom ever paying $20 to see a movie.

International Debutant Black_Warrior's Avatar
    Thats because you are not a porper Rajni fan...you do not understand the craze of Super Star Rajni. His fans worship him in the South. You wont pay $20 for your God??

Even Amitabh cannot deliver a hit on his own these days...SRK, Aamir.Salman are still at their peak now...but 10 years down the line..I am not sure even they can deliver a hit the way Super Star Rajni does at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    Wait, what? $20 for a single ticket? That's insane! There must me a big demand for South movies in Pitt. The local desi theater in Dallas is showing it for $8, which is normal price for them. Even when they hike up a price for an Aamir or Shahrukh movie, they only hike it to $10. I don't care what movie it is or who's starring in it, there's no way in hell I'm paying $20 for a ticket!
    Yes $20 for a ticket, we do have a huge South Indian population.

https://www.cinemark.com/buy_ticket....OBOT&pssr=True

This is nothing, there were people who paid to watch the trailer of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
    I don't doubt his star power at all. I'm sure he's everything you say and more. I'm just shocked that any movie, whether desi or Hollywood (not counting 3D films), would price a ticket at $20. I've primarily lived in two cities in the States (Dallas and Atlanta) and in both cities I've never seen a movie ticket for more than $10 (and that too for only an Aamir or Shahrukh film which are always big here). And according to Sanz, it's booked for the week! Like I said before, I can't fathom ever paying $20 to see a movie.

Yeah no way I will ever pay 20 bucks to watch any movie of any kind. This is just madness.

International Vice-Captain Faisal1985's Avatar
    Well, finally a more desi thread here...

Anyone into the Coke Studio stuff?

Now a days I am mostly into Qawali or Sufi music...and saw some amazing music on Coke studio while youtubing....

There is a qawali there called "Asa naina de akhaay lagay" ....it such a well sang Qawalli...you will love it...
    BE AFRIDI!
    Be VERY AFRIDI!!

vcs
    G. I. Joe is our resident Qawwali connoisseur..

Quote Originally Posted by vcs View Post
    G. I. Joe is our resident Qawwali connoisseur..
    With that kind of taste GI Joe is more like our resident Auto Rickshaw Driver.

harsh on Joe.

another case of CW'ers showing their snobbish attitude be it their cricket or Music.

vcs
    Just joking around mate.

And what's wrong with calling something crap if it's not to my taste? That's not being snobbish IMHO.

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information