Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Obesity Crisis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    The criteria and definition of overweight is absolutely ridiculous, I was about 75kg at the start of the year and was considered overweight at the age of 16 and being 170cm all. Couldn't beleive it. I don't take any notice of those sort of things though, as far as I'm concerned it's a personal thing whether you think you are overweight or not.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    BMI claims i'm overweight. But frankly i've got more stamina because i've been cycling a load than loads of people that are considering 'perfect weight'. Muscle weighs more than fat anyway so the whole thing is skewed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

I'm just under 6 foot, and weigh about 78 kgs. My skinnies are a little too high. Basically, I still believe that food isn't the problem - it's whether or not you're doing quality exercise. If you've ddecided you can't be bothered doing that, then you've got to acknowledge that you're going to have to watch what you eat more vigorously.

Chicken Champion! Battle Pong Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 1
    I'm just about in the white part tbh.
    "Under the spreading chestnut tree,
    I sold you and you sold me."

International Vice-Captain vogue's Avatar
    I'm 5' 7" and 9 stone,so just on the ok borderline.....BMI is in the normal range too....and i'm a chocaholic...must be the running i do that burns all that off...
    And once the storm is over you won’t remember how you made it through,how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure,in fact,whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm you won’t be the same person who walked in. Haruki Murakami .

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Your body fat % is a better indicator. But BMI is a good guide for most people. Obviously it isn't if you're athletic, but then you don't need to be looking at a BMI chart anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    tbh you cant really go out around here (or anywhere else i have been in england recently for that matter) without seeing about 8 people who would be classed as obese, its pretty bad.

I'm 6ft4in and weigh about 12 stone, which i believe is just about average....

International Captain Pup Clarke's Avatar
    182cm (5'11 3/4) and 71kg.
    Proud member of the Twenty20 is boring society

E-Mail - liamhowgate@yahoo.co.uk
    MSN - liamhowgate@hotmail.com

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Damn, I am only obese. Aiming for clinically obese in two years TBH.
    ****ing Americans - had to come from one of you, didn't it? And you wonder why your government won't pay for any kind of health insurance?
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson View Post
    ****ing Americans - had to come from one of you, didn't it? And you wonder why your government won't pay for any kind of health insurance?
    Actually, I don't wonder at all, and as a future physician, I hope they continue not to.

Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Actually, I don't wonder at all, and as a future physician, I hope they continue not to.
    Does that mean you think it will be good for business or not good for business? My gut feeling is that you'd have a lot of downtime because people wouldn't be able to afford a consultation with you; probably not a good thing for your personal coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson View Post
    Does that mean you think it will be good for business or not good for business? My gut feeling is that you'd have a lot of downtime because people wouldn't be able to afford a consultation with you; probably not a good thing for your personal coffers.
    Nah, there is no shortage of patients now, even with no nationalized healthcare system (except medicare/medicaid).

cpr
    Actually in quite a good mood, i'm not as obese as i thought i was, weighed myself earlier, lost 7lb on what i last weighed, so thats put me in a good mood. Also aided by the fact none of my normal jeans were dry, so pulled out the pair that i felt came closest to getting round my waist. Needed a belt. So huzzah for me!
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

I'm 188cm (or 6ft2'' for all you people living in 1925) and I am between 77-79kg owing to the lack of proper cycling because of vacation and a knee injury so I'm considered ok. But anyone who has seen me will know that I'm skinny and always have been.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Cricketer Of The Year
    12 years on and a solution is finally on the horizon.

Let fat people die

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information