Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Biggest Public Act

Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    What role in it? A lead, or dare I say it, a singing part?
    A lead i suppose you could say, because there was only a cast of 14. The musical was "Little Shop of Horrors" if you've ever heard of it. I was a wino (my only visible part) and the voice for Audrey II (the man eating plant).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Duck Hunt Champion! Plops Champion!
    Tournaments Won: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post
    A lead i suppose you could say, because there was only a cast of 14. The musical was "Little Shop of Horrors" if you've ever heard of it. I was a wino (my only visible part) and the voice for Audrey II (the man eating plant).
    Little Shop of Horrors! Bet it went down a treat. Very classy.
    Direbirds FTW!

Wellington will win the whole thing next year. Mark my words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    I'll offer up my avatar to Athlai forever if Wellington wins the Champions League.
    President of T.I.T.S
    Tamim Is Talented Society

Quote Originally Posted by Chubb View Post
    University Challenge... TV audience of 2 million and the whole of the UEA.

School theatre productions; Gremio in Taming of the Shrew, Capulet in Romeo & Juliet, Captain Brackett (commander of the naval base) in South Pacific. Best times of my life TBH.
    What was University Challenge?

What was University Challenge?
    Linky Linky
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Harder or easier than the plays?

We just went out and enjoyed it, beat an Oxford college in the first round then lost by 5 points (the least you can lose by) to eventual winners Warwick

It was more nerve-racking in some ways. But we just treated it as a bit of fun. You got to hang out in the Green Room before hand with the runners (studio hands), watching the other rounds being recorded, then had to go through make-up and costume before walking out into the studio. A TV studio is a lot smaller than they make it look- the live audience was probably only 40 people. We met the questionmaster, Jeremy Paxman, who is a famous journalist in the UK. Then they had some warm-up questions, but by chance there was a mistake- Jeremy asked questions that had been asked before the previous recording, which we had seen but the others hadn't- thus we won the warm-up 40-0, and gained a psychological advantage. The opposition team were all doing things like PhDs in "condensed matter phsyics"- we were all doing ordinary undergrad degrees. Both our games were very close, with only a few points between us, so the studio liked us for providing good TV.

I was famous at the uni for a while after it was shown- we appeared in the student paper and on campus radio. People kept asking me if I was the guy off University Challenge, and i had to tell the same stories about forty times. Now, it's back to anonymity. Except, when I play cricket and the ball comes to me the guys shout "East Anglia Fensome!" 9on the show when you press the buzzer, the announcer says that)

Actually Cricket Web has had two contestants on the show, Neil Pickup represented Exeter the year before me. He was the captain of his team.
    Last edited by Chubb; 19-09-2007 at 06:33 AM.
    ZIMBABWE
    Somebody has to...

International Coach HeathDavisSpeed's Avatar
    Rummaging through Iain O'Brien's dustbins.
    Apart from the obvious, I used to run a radio station, I do some sport writing and I run my own website. Whilst at the radio station (3 years) I presented a show most days. Usually about 10 show hours per week; met and interviewed some successful bands from the time etc. etc.

Not necessarily anything overly 'public' I guess, though all in the public domain. Certainly did some outside broadcasts though....
    >>>>>>WHHOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH>>>>>>
    Fascist Dictator of the Heath Davis Appreciation Society
    Supporting Petone's Finest since the very start - Iain O'Brien
    Adam Wheater - Another batsman off the Essex production line
    Also Supporting the All Time #1 Batsman of All Time Ever - Jacques Kallis and the much maligned Peter Siddle.

Vimes tells it how it is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Heath worryingly quick.

Little Shop of Horrors! Bet it went down a treat. Very classy.
    Haha yeah the name alone makes you want to see it...do you actually know it though?

It was probably one of the highlights of high school for me tbh, had a great time.

International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Took part in a quiz competition in college with some 1000 people watching ..came a close second out of 15......
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Numerous gigs infront of up to a few hundred people. School gig infront of a thousand, referenced that somewhere else on here, yelled out "This one`s for you Andy!" or something. Haha, good times.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

cpr
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubb View Post
    We just went out and enjoyed it, beat an Oxford college in the first round then lost by 5 points (the least you can lose by) to eventual winners Warwick

It was more nerve-racking in some ways. But we just treated it as a bit of fun. You got to hang out in the Green Room before hand with the runners (studio hands), watching the other rounds being recorded, then had to go through make-up and costume before walking out into the studio. A TV studio is a lot smaller than they make it look- the live audience was probably only 40 people. We met the questionmaster, Jeremy Paxman, who is a famous journalist in the UK. Then they had some warm-up questions, but by chance there was a mistake- Jeremy asked questions that had been asked before the previous recording, which we had seen but the others hadn't- thus we won the warm-up 40-0, and gained a psychological advantage. The opposition team were all doing things like PhDs in "condensed matter phsyics"- we were all doing ordinary undergrad degrees. Both our games were very close, with only a few points between us, so the studio liked us for providing good TV.

I was famous at the uni for a while after it was shown- we appeared in the student paper and on campus radio. People kept asking me if I was the guy off University Challenge, and i had to tell the same stories about forty times. Now, it's back to anonymity. Except, when I play cricket and the ball comes to me the guys shout "East Anglia Fensome!" 9on the show when you press the buzzer, the announcer says that)

Actually Cricket Web has had two contestants on the show, Neil Pickup represented Exeter the year before me. He was the captain of his team.
    Haha, fantastic. Congrats to both yourself and Neil. When abouts were you on? Probably saw you tbh, watch it most of the time. Used to be part of the school quiz team meself back in the day, never sober enough to try out for the university challenge team, always used to do it in the morning at the union, and thats a bugger to get to for 9am when you live 15 miles out and too hungover to drive (not that MMU ever did any good on it anyway, can only remember them being on TV once).

Apparently as a couple of days old baby i was on some hospital show, were filming at the hospital maternity unit and i just happened to be one of the new born. Mum hasnt a clue what it was called sadly, and it was probably watched by a few old grannies who get up and watch that tripe at 5am.

Biggest i can remember is playing in an Umbro Youth Tournament about 10 years back, getting trashed infront of a couple of hundred by Ajax Youth and some Japanese side.....
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Numerous gigs infront of up to a few hundred people. School gig infront of a thousand, referenced that somewhere else on here, yelled out "This one`s for you Andy!" or something. Haha, good times.
    Haha, remember you mentioning that. Vids???
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Carols by Candlelight at Myer Music Bowl probably. Did that a few times, although never solo. In terms of biggest crowd at the venue it'd be Three Tenors at the MCG. Again, not solo (obviously).

Global Moderator nightprowler10's Avatar
    Nice, very impressive. Your a pilot? Neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    Not professional or anything.. yet
    I have a cousin who's taking piloting lessons. Apparently he keeps having trouble with the landing part of it, says he doesn't need to learn that for some reason.

Anyway, I suppose my biggest public act was being part of a skit at school which was about drunk driving etc. I played the OJ man.
    RIP Craigos

cpr
    Hmm, sure he wasnt drunk when he fled from the cops. Just guilty

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information