Page 214 of 253 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3781
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: The British Politics Thread

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    It's an epic blunder and it's come to light at a terrible time, but hundreds of murderers were let off the hook by the Good Friday agreement. Both sides have managed to put an awful lot behind them since then and I don't see why this should be a breaking point for unionists. It's not remotely clear what Peter Robinson even wants and threatening to quit the government is hugely irresponsible considering the Republican parties and communities aren't even at fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Wasn't it the PSNI who were responsible?

Yeah, as far as I can tell. Beyond that there are allegations that certain people knew but didn't say anything and it's exploded into a textbook post-scandal blame game.

But none of those allegations concern Sinn Fein or the Alliance party, who make up almost all of the power-sharing government's counterpart to Robinson's DUP. So it's not clear why quitting the government is an appropriate threat, even if he did have a clear set of demands. Having the most prominent Unionist politician publicly reject power-sharing over something so emotive would be a ****ing disaster so hopefully he wises his bap.

Yahoo webcam images from millions of users intercepted by GCHQ | World news | The Guardian

So, your taxes include giving money to the government so that they can use your children's nude photos to have a **** if they wanted to?

Jesus. That's by far the worst one yet this side of the Atlantic. If it doesn't blow up then we'll know Brits don't care for privacy as an issue at all.

International Regular NasserFan207's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shri View Post
    Yahoo webcam images from millions of users intercepted by GCHQ | World news | The Guardian

So, your taxes include giving money to the government so that they can use your children's nude photos to have a **** if they wanted to?
    Lol wow, creepy as ****.

Speaking as someone who has worked in the digital data tracking medium occasionally you get weirdos working behind the desk who abuse their position. Never heard of anything like this though
    Batsman I tolerate: V. Richards, S. Tendulkar, E. Morgan, N. Hussain. KEVIN O F******* BRIEN

David Cameron + Twitter Eh. Rather confirming my horrible bias that he's an incredibly out-of-touch small-minded posho **** with no real idea to communicate with normal human-beings.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc

It's not really all that scary, they may win the European election which would be all rather embarrassing but Farage becoming an MP is probably the best they can hope for at a general election. They are also entirely dependent on him as leader and there are already some rumours about him stepping down at some point.

Their attitudes reflect those of a good deal of people and while you might think that is a shame I don't really think it will do much harm, apart maybe from if we get an EU referendum. Most countries around Europe have these sort of parties (normaly rather nastier) it is kind of surprising that it took so long for us to get one here.

I doubt they'll win the Euros TBH, but they will put up a decent showing unfortunately.

Yet I agree with Pothas right-wingers are all over Europe like a rash, so UKIP being our version of this is much better than the BNP or EDL.

TBF to Farage too, he bats well above his average in terms of totty

Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    The leading political parties have no-one to blame but themselves. The 3 main parties are indistinguishable, having seemingly merged into one self-serving political class with no ideology. UKIP, while some seem worried about them, are offering a bit of a breath of fresh air and are probably only saying what a lot of people think (of course they do have some complete nut jobs). No surprise that they are potentially going to pick up a lot of working class votes.

Farage has pulled a great trick with the whole 'political class' stuff, it was a class he was always so desperate to be fully part of, again rather like many other populist leaders across Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Farage has pulled a great trick with the whole 'political class' stuff, it was a class he was always so desperate to be fully part of, again rather like many other populist leaders across Europe.
    I don't think he's wrong saying there's a 'political class' who are only interested in looking after themselves. He could well be a hypocrite about the whole thing though.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    What really worries about UKIP is that they have achieved what they have despite being led by a moron whose sub-ordinates don't have enough brain cells between them to do the quick crossword in the Daily Star - heaven help us all if a latter day Oswald Mosley ever emerges

Thread Information