Page 177 of 242 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 3619
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: The British Politics Thread

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Sort of. I was a libertarian. The Republican party ran on cutting spending and minding our own business in terms of foreign policy in 2000. We all know what became of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Plebgate and Plebgate 2: The Great Train Snobbery are awesome political stories

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    why isn't the liberal media talking about how he supports publich transport???
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

cpr
    Haha, The Great Train Snobbery, love it.

Gideon is such a flaccid phallus though, nobody expects him to ever try and connect with the world. Even meeting halfway would be ruinous for both parties.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Oh, God, I'm bored. Might as well be listening to Genesis
    It's fascinating these Plebgate things, mainly because the Tory Press seem to be more adamant against it than anyone. Personally I thought the Osborne thing was a total non-story.

Obviously the Mail, Torygraph, Express can't have a go at the government for their policies, because they're the ones that they want. Yet with a consistent 10 point deficit in the polls, are they trying to push out the leaders. Do they want Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson as leader before the next election?
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    It was only a non-story until someone came up with the headline "Great Train Snobbery".
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    it's not really a good headline. they could have gone with a much more personal and much more insulting one. the press these days....

The Mail do seem to have a particular dislike for Osborne.

Whatever you think of this government in general they are undeniably comically bad at PR, have had so many different 'worst week ever' this year that I have lost count.

They are also of course incompetent at running the country, as Cameron making up policy as he goes along last week demonstrated.

cpr
    All this Tory incompetence and PR cockery is tempting me to break out the Drop the Dead Donkey DVDs....

So as a pretty big supporter of gay rights - I was very happy to see the first vote pass. I know it's preliminary but I am not really aware of parliamentary procedures - what has to happen next for it to become law? And what do you guys think - will it? The vote seemed pretty emphatic with more than 2:1 in favor of gay marriage...

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    With a bit of luck the internecine strife will destroy the Conservative party

I probably don't know the full details but the conservative party in the UK seems relatively sane(ish). Based on what I know, I could see myself voting for them.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    So as a pretty big supporter of gay rights - I was very happy to see the first vote pass. I know it's preliminary but I am not really aware of parliamentary procedures - what has to happen next for it to become law? And what do you guys think - will it? The vote seemed pretty emphatic with more than 2:1 in favor of gay marriage...
    The House of Lord's will reject it, I'd have thought. But we'll see. I can see this taking a while to go through, tremendous step though.

I see the Church of England made a comment about the importance of biological inheritance in children which is an incredibly insensitive remark to millions of people, including adopted children I'd have thought and really has very little to do with gay marriage. ****s.
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Hopefully their ties to the state will break down further over this. It's incredible how archaic their view of the world is, the rest of the country is pushing through gay marriage and they don't even allow women bishops.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The[ B] House of Lord's[/B] will reject it, I'd have thought. But we'll see. I can see this taking a while to go through, tremendous step though.
    Don't a bunch of them get their seats through inheritance? Do they really have power to reject a bill passed by a 2:1 margin by ELECTED officials? Or can they merely delay it (I was under the impression that they couldn't block it completely)?

Thread Information