Page 176 of 245 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 3667
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The British Politics Thread

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    I expect he has done a KP and is worried about some texts he has sent Milliband about Cameron being made public
    I'm eagerly awaiting the follow-up YouTube video tbh.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Never really sure what to make of Cameron to be honest. Can sometimes watch him in PMQs and think that he really comes across as quite convincing, but then I wonder if he's basically just flat track bullying his way through very weak opposition. In any case, there's clearly quite a lot of discontent coming from within the Tories about his leadership, so he's going to have to start looking over his shoulder a lot more frequently unless he can quell the grumblings.
    I see the fact that there is discontent about Cameron from some of the Tories as a big positive for him...

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    I see the fact that there is discontent about Cameron from some of the Tories as a big positive for him...
    Indeed - it certainly helps his popularity in the fertang household, as does how insipid Clegg and Milliband Jnr are

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by four_or_six View Post
    Haha same.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Cricketer Of The Year four_or_six's Avatar
    I see Nick Clegg has a new single out...

Nick Clegg Says Sorry (The Autotune Remix) - YouTube

The view of British politics from over here.

'Erbert Kitchener on a bicycle, or something.

So Boris Johnson thinks that Thatcher should get the Nobel Peace prize - bumbling but essentially amiable ****wit becomes complete moron in one fell swoop

... or in Tory minds does the mindless slaughter of the best part of 1,000 young men with a view solely to winning a general election represent a major contribution to world peace?

In fact I am told he came out with this little nugget whilst writing in the Torygraph, so that's alright then, as no one in their right mind will read it

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    BBC News - Andrew Mitchell: PM accused of weak leadership

So apparently calling someone a pleb is an insult. Over here, the candidates would be falling all over themselves to sound like they were working class.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

It was about as big a gaffe as a Conservative politician can make without using the word "darkie". He had to go one way or another. Cameron should have sacked him the day he was charged and stopped the whole thing becoming a saga.

He lost his touch in the spin war on this one. Went on a rant during PMQs about how Labour were using the incident "to avoid a discussion on the serious issues facing the country." Miliband responded by asking why he didn't consider abuse of police officers a serious issue.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 20-10-2012 at 10:48 AM.

I guess I don't understand the culture but I'd think its kind of par for the course for politicians to be arrogant and self entitled. I don't see the huge deal. But then, I never got the Monica Lewisnky thing either.

I mean is verbal abuse against police officers really a serious national issue?

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    I guess I don't understand the culture but I'd think its kind of par for the course for politicians to be arrogant and self entitled. I don't see the huge deal. But then, I never got the Monica Lewisnky thing either.

It's in the context of the tory Party,

1. They're very Law & Order, and many of their supporters would wish for anyone abusing Police Officers to be jailed, actually they'd probably want them Birched then Jailed, but pesky PC do-gooders have stopped that.

2. The insult in itself is one used by poshos to put down the lower classes something the Tories desperately want to disassociate themselves with, mainly because of pics like this featuring our future PM, chancellor and mayor of London.

Hence why they've come up with the slogan "all in it together", or something, it's so utterly meaningless I'm not sure.
    Last edited by grecian; 20-10-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post

Nah but he can't exactly say "what's the big deal? it's only a bit of verbal abuse against police officers" either.

It's like grecian says. The Tory party are seen as a bunch of snobs with no respect or understanding for the working classes, and Cameron's desperately trying to "de-toxify the brand".

Don't really get America's political culture either, how anyone could even consider voting for any of the Republican candidates is beyond me.

Me neither tbf.

Don't get me wrong - I can understand people not voting for Obama and picking guys like Gary Johnson but not the republican ticket.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 21-10-2012 at 03:42 PM.

I think the Simpsons' depiction of them went to my head.

Didn't you used to be Republican though? Must understand it a lot better than I do.

Thread Information